UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Football Announces 2023 Schedule

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Is it really "announced" of there's still a TBA on Sept. 2? We should get an extra game as a reward for traveling to Hawai'i

That's why we get the zero week game BUT can't say I disagree.    

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Is it really "announced" of there's still a TBA on Sept. 2? We should get an extra game as a reward for traveling to Hawai'i

Ha! 

I wonder if the program will be doing some kind of alumni trip to Hawaii to save a few sheckles. 

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Not sure why there is still a TBD this late, but league released schedule today. Good for Albany to release that with or without the last oppenent and to confirm the non league portion 

21 minutes ago, bob87 said:

Not sure why there is still a TBD this late, but league released schedule today. Good for Albany to release that with or without the last oppenent and to confirm the non league portion 

The extra game waiver isn’t granted until it is definite that you play the team. Hawaii could have bought us out prior to this year. 

my guess is Albany is looking for another fbs buy game to pay the bills.  

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

That's why we get the zero week game BUT can't say I disagree.    

Not the zero week game, but the TBA is the twelfth game we get where the rest of FCS plays eleven. We still have the bye week on Sept. 16

I don't think we're the only week zero game

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Ha! 

I wonder if the program will be doing some kind of alumni trip to Hawaii to save a few sheckles. 

I talked to Lee Seravillo of the alumni association last week and he hadn't heard anything yet.

How many alumni do we have in Hawai'i? Pregame luau?

Edited by UAalum72

26 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

The extra game waiver isn’t granted until it is definite that you play the team. Hawaii could have bought us out prior to this year. 

I agree they are probably looking for another game to be paid .

Is the procedure any different at the "1AA" level. Thought any football team that travels to Hawaii gets an extra game. Don't remember other teams with a TBD on their schedule this late. Aren't there usually some sort of contingency with any non league team travelling to Hawaii that if the game doesn't happen one of the other games has a contingency move to a later year or something similar. 

In any event, my plan is to travel to Hawaii early to see the Stanford game and won't be at the Albany game no matter where it is played. 

3 hours ago, bob87 said:

Is the procedure any different at the "1AA" level. Thought any football team that travels to Hawaii gets an extra game. Don't remember other teams with a TBD on their schedule this late. Aren't there usually some sort of contingency with any non league team travelling to Hawaii that if the game doesn't happen one of the other games has a contingency move to a later year or something similar. 

In any event, my plan is to travel to Hawaii early to see the Stanford game and won't be at the Albany game no matter where it is played. 

No idea.  Good questions

13 hours ago, bob87 said:

14 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Seems to me if Hawaii buys out, there's no need for a waiver and the "twelfth" game becomes the eleventh. Might not be your ideal opponent, but probably better than scrambling for an 11th game with only a few months to go.

1 hour ago, Eli said:

What's all this talk of a buyout? Is that a likely scenario where UA never goes there?

No, It's just speculation as to why we haven't announced the twelfth game yet. By now it's not impossible UH would cancel us (e.g. they got an offer to play Georgia) but unlikely. I suspect the 12th game might almost be lined up but the contracts haven't been signed yet. Or not.

We were originally supposed to play them Sept. 2, that's why we have to fill that date now.

• Like 1

Thanks for that info. Cause I'm most likely going to the game, planning the trip now (HI has been on our list for a long time to check off) and definitely would not mind catching a game in their beautiful weather while there. We'll probably go either way, but knowing if there will or won't be a game might dictate when we go (financially speaking).

Edited by Eli