UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 30 / Conference Game 15 Feb 25 (Sat) 7:00 PM Troy, NY McDonough Sports Complex

Eli, the "fat" lady has not sung and yes, this is a meaningful game for the Great Danes and Killings career.  Typically, the last home game is listed as Senior Night however, there is no such reference made in the schedule as there was for the women's last regular home game. 

Feb 25 (Sat) 7:00 PM
AE
vs 
Troy, N.Y. McDonough Sports Complex - HVCC
ESPN3.png

The only sure thing about the America East MBB Tournament is that Vermont is the No. 1 seed.

2022-23 Men's Basketball Standings
SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Vermont 12-2 .857 18-10 .643 W10
UMass Lowell 10-5 .667 23-7 .767 W3
Bryant 8-6 .571 17-10 .630 W1
New Hampshire 8-6 .571 13-13 .500 W2
Binghamton 8-6 .571 12-15 .444 L2
UMBC 7-8 .467 17-13 .567 L3
Maine 5-9 .357 11-16 .407 L1
NJIT 4-10 .286 7-20 .259 L3
UAlbany 2-12 .143 7-22 .241 L1

Interesting with no senior night. Davis and Patel are the only real Seniors, so I guess it makes sense with those 2 being grad transfer 1 year only players. 

Have to imagine that even though Hutch and Drumgoole are only Juniors eligibility wise, this is probably both of their last years. I'd love to celebrate Hutch's time in purple and gold. It had ups and downs, but he earned our praise through his toughness and grit. Drumgoole has only really had 1 year thanks to injuries, but was really the centerpiece of this year's team. His analytics aren't great, but my guess is that's from forcing too much and needing to carry the team. The numbers are down because of a few cold games, remove those and his numbers are incredible. I'd love them both back.

Maybe no senior night means they are both returning?

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Interesting with no senior night. Davis and Patel are the only real Seniors, so I guess it makes sense with those 2 being grad transfer 1 year only players. 

Have to imagine that even though Hutch and Drumgoole are only Juniors eligibility wise, this is probably both of their last years. I'd love to celebrate Hutch's time in purple and gold. It had ups and downs, but he earned our praise through his toughness and grit. Drumgoole has only really had 1 year thanks to injuries, but was really the centerpiece of this year's team. His analytics aren't great, but my guess is that's from forcing too much and needing to carry the team. The numbers are down because of a few cold games, remove those and his numbers are incredible. I'd love them both back.

Maybe no senior night means they are both returning?

Looked at Hutch's bio, he has played the previous three seasons and listed as a senior, unless I am missing something he is done and for Patel, his bio only mentions his last season at Cornell and this season at UAlbany.

Even if both have eligibility, is there any motivation to return next season?

Everything surrounding this team has become surreal, even when it comes to "celebrating" the last home game of the season.  Perhaps a wake at the Bryce Funeral Home, Pawling Ave, Troy would be appropriate.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

23 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Looked at Hutch's bio, he has played the previous three seasons and listed as a senior, unless I am missing something he is done and for Patel, his bio only mentions his last season at Cornell and this season at UAlbany.

Even if both have eligibility, is there any motivation to return next season?

Everything surrounding this team has become surreal, even when it comes to "celebrating" the last home game of the season.  Perhaps a wake at the Bryce Funeral Home, Pawling Ave, Troy would be appropriate.

Hutch received an additional year of eligibility with COVID (as did all players) - This is his 4th year, but he still has one left. Drumgoole is the same situation.  Could be seniors scholastically, but are juniors scholarshipwise. 

Davis and Patel have none left that I am aware of. 

Edited by godanesgo99

1 minute ago, godanesgo99 said:

Hutch received an additional year of eligibility with COVID (as did all players) - This is his 4th year, but he still has one left. Drumgoole is the same situation.  Could be seniors scholastically, but are listed as juniors scholarshipwise. 

This is correct. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

This is correct. 

2 graduating and/or out of eligibility (Patel/Davis) plus an open spot when Shafer Left = 3 open scholarships for next year

• 3 commits in Robinson, Margoupis, Adnan
  • 1 Walk-on that deserves a scholarship, but could already be on a "ship" do to financial aid and NYS State School programs 

So the team is already basically set for next year, until transfer season begins. Biggest questions in my mind:

• Do Drumgoole and Hutch return for their last year of eligibility even if they graduate? Someone on this board told me earlier in the year that they were both done after the season (May have been Dane96, but I could be misremembering)
  • What happens with Amica after 3 lost injury seasons
  • Does Ketner stay after not seeing the floor in weeks?
  • Does Marcus Jackson try to get a Scholarship and enter the portal if not offered by UA already?
  • What will become of Little and Neely after missing the year with injuries? Will they recover well? 
  • Does Reddish look to transfer? His brother was traded out west. His time has seemed to be in flux. 

I believe that we will win this game against NJIT, but fail to make the playoffs after losing to UVM in the final game. I think we will start learning the answers to some of those questions within minutes of the final buzzer in Burlington. 

Edited by godanesgo99

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Hutch received an additional year of eligibility with COVID (as did all players) - This is his 4th year, but he still has one left. Drumgoole is the same situation.  Could be seniors scholastically, but are juniors scholarshipwise. 

Hutch is a good kid who's been through hell with this program and the losing, He always played the right way and I hope for his own sake he moves on. Kid doesn't deserve this. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Hutch is a good kid who's been through hell with this program and the losing, He always played the right way and I hope for his own sake he moves on. Kid doesn't deserve this. 

Wanted to hit "like" but that didn't seem appropriate. It's a very true statement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

2 graduating and/or out of eligibility (Patel/Davis) plus an open spot when Shafer Left = 3 open scholarships for next year

• 3 commits in Robinson, Margoupis, Adnan
  • 1 Walk-on that deserves a scholarship, but could already be on a "ship" do to financial aid and NYS State School programs 

So the team is already basically set for next year, until transfer season begins. Biggest questions in my mind:

• Do Drumgoole and Hutch return for their last year of eligibility even if they graduate? Someone on this board told me earlier in the year that they were both done after the season (May have been Dane96, but I could be misremembering)
  • What happens with Amica after 3 lost injury seasons
  • Does Ketner stay after not seeing the floor in weeks?
  • Does Marcus Jackson try to get a Scholarship and enter the portal if not offered by UA already?
  • What will become of Little and Neely after missing the year with injuries? Will they recover well? 
  • Does Reddish look to transfer? His brother was traded out west. His time has seemed to be in flux. 

I believe that we will win this game against NJIT, but fail to make the playoffs after losing to UVM in the final game. I think we will start learning the answers to some of those questions within minutes of the final buzzer in Burlington. 

Wasn't me.  I think Drumgoole comes back.

14 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Just went back amd found it in the recruiting thread. Forgot you went back and edited and said that you were wrong on Drumgoole and Hutch. Assumed Trey would be gone, but had forgotten Drumgooles red shirt.  My fault for having selective memory lol. 

Not a big deal. I shouldn't have called you out on it. It doesn't really matter where stuff comes from when it's fans all guessing on the future and hoping for the best for our team.

I hope that we win this NJIT game, and beat UVM to sneak into the playoffs, but even if that happens I doubt we beat UVM twice in a row, so it might actually be best for the future of the program if NJIT beats us, the UVM game is meaningless (beyond my JOKE of having bragging rights of being one of the only teams in the country ending the season on a win), and the off season can begin.

Having an extra week or two of rest for the players and to start the business of preparing for next season might be good. So many questions. What happens with DK and the lawsuit. Who stays and who leaves will be directly related to that. It wouldn't surprise me for a second if 100% of the team enters the portal. Even the players with no intention of leaving. If it were me, I'd do it with the caveat stating that I don't want to leave but I need to explore my options until the status of the coaching staff and athletic department are settled. 

Either way, even the most negative of us on this board still want the best for the future of #purplefam and the program, even if we have differing opinions of what needs to happen to get there.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

Tongue & cheek PREDICTION:  The Ultimate Futility.

In a tough back & forth battle UA squeaks out a narrow 5 point win against NJIT.

Goes to VT and trashes them to the point, that they become concerned about an early exit in the AmEast.

NJIT goes to NewH, wins in double OT, the length of the game not-decide until several minutes AFTER UA's dramatic victory over VT.

UA goes home with nothing more than a moral victory in hand and QUESTION MARKS galore about the future.

🤪🤭🤔

• Haha 1

I figure the highlanders lose their last game, but the Danes find a way to lose either by playing their typical game vs Vermont (down 30 at some point) or by playing  their best game of the season  and then doing something ridiculous in the last minute to lose. 

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Just went back amd found it in the recruiting thread. Forgot you went back and edited and said that you were wrong on Drumgoole and Hutch. Assumed Trey would be gone, but had forgotten Drumgooles red shirt.  My fault for having selective memory lol. 

Not a big deal. I shouldn't have called you out on it. It doesn't really matter where stuff comes from when it's fans all guessing on the future and hoping for the best for our team.

I hope that we win this NJIT game, and beat UVM to sneak into the playoffs, but even if that happens I doubt we beat UVM twice in a row, so it might actually be best for the future of the program if NJIT beats us, the UVM game is meaningless (beyond my JOKE of having bragging rights of being one of the only teams in the country ending the season on a win), and the off season can begin.

Having an extra week or two of rest for the players and to start the business of preparing for next season might be good. So many questions. What happens with DK and the lawsuit. Who stays and who leaves will be directly related to that. It wouldn't surprise me for a second if 100% of the team enters the portal. Even the players with no intention of leaving. If it were me, I'd do it with the caveat stating that I don't want to leave but I need to explore my options until the status of the coaching staff and athletic department are settled. 

Either way, even the most negative of us on this board still want the best for the future of #purplefam and the program, even if we have differing opinions of what needs to happen to get there.

giphy.gif

Edited by Dane96

20 hours ago, Dane96 said:

To me, it's pretty obvious, Pete, Davis, Hutch and Drumgoole are all leaving the program. Why on earth would UA MBB Twitter post this...Would have liked to see Drumgoole back, the rest...not so much and wish them the best of luck. Davis and Petel in particular were wasted scholarships and would have been better used on kids who could grow in he program. 

Edited by Clickclack