UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB 2023-2024 Out of Conference Basketball Games Announced or Identified

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

YES.

AND also should be working on playing an even number of home/road OOC games every year. WHY renovate Broadview and WHY buy season tickets only to see other AmEast teams, a couple DIIs & IIIs, and maybe 2-3 mid/low major DI teams {if we are lucky?}

Long term, im sure that's the plan. Short term, I'm ok with 5-6 OOC at home and 7-8 on the road/neutral site... As long as the couple extra neutral site games are for $$$$. 

Need the team to rebuild some momentum and winning results to be able to get enough butts in the seats to make more home games worth it.

9 hours ago, dslyank said:

YES.

AND also should be working on playing an even number of home/road OOC games every year. WHY renovate Broadview and WHY buy season tickets only to see other AmEast teams, a couple DIIs & IIIs, and maybe 2-3 mid/low major DI teams {if we are lucky?}

And to your point…there are 350+ D1 programs out there.  We should not be scheduling lower tier programs ever in my opinion.

• Like 1

I know people are going to disagree with this , however,  I really don't think this is a good team.  I guess if Neely comes back full strength and takes a huge step, and Beagle takes a huge step, we might be ok.  

For this reason I really don't like this schedule so far. I believe next years schedule should have been an easier schedule to get the teams confidence going.  Getting beaten 30 by good teams does nothing.  Make this schedule when you have a good team, not a team coming off a last place finish . 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I know people are going to disagree with this , however,  I really don't think this is a good team.  I guess if Neely comes back full strength and takes a huge step, and Beagle takes a huge step, we might be ok.  

For this reason I really don't like this schedule so far. I believe next years schedule should have been an easier schedule to get the teams confidence going.  Getting beaten 30 by good teams does nothing.  Make this schedule when you have a good team, not a team coming off a last place finish . 

No argument here. The team looks pretty solid on paper, but frankly it's 100% unknown how they will play, and it would be foolish to have any expectations beyond a finish near the bottom of the league.

That said, they return the last two rookies of the year, plus an all-rookie team guy and a guy I think deserved to be on the all rookie team. Add in a few good recruits and a few good transfers and you have the recipe for a good team. Add in the fact that there are multiple "local" kids on the team with the renovated arena and you have the recipe for strong home attendance.

I hope they fill the early OOC with D1 teams that we can beat and build a strong record in the early season. That should get people to attend the games, and when we lose as expected to some of the power programs on the schedule later in the OOC it shouldn't kill any fan base momentum. 

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, godanesgo99 said:

I could swear I read it's a MTE playing both teams home and away.

I could be wrong and it could just be one game against each.

Edit: it's probably just home against one and away against one.

Quinnipiac schedule out today. Listed at Quinnipiac sunday 11/19. Easy 2.5 hour trip

54 minutes ago, bob87 said:

South Florida schedule released today. Danes at South Florida 12/22. That should be great for Florida  Danes fans. For me, not sure if flights will be worth it that close to the holiday.

Ha! Bummer that I'm moving to NC in 3 weeks. Just my luck.

6 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Florida a bit unhinged for ya? 

More like not enough land - gettin back some acreage in the country. But that being said, I am kind of bummed because USF is like 10 minutes from me - would have been SUPER convenient.

• Sad 1