UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Earlier Start Times

I'm not a fan of either of the earlier options.  No way to grab dinner prior to a 6PM and on the weekends I'd prefer to be outside when/if the sun happens to shine.  5PM on the weekends I guess would be okay.  Dinner after the game?  Not sure how any of these work for the college students either.  Energy is always lower on the afternoon games and we don't need that.  

• Like 1

Honestly 3 or 4pm starts on Thursdays would almost be better than 6pm which messes with people's dinner hours too much.  I'd like to see them go back to 7pm.  Don't really care when games start on Saturdays....although I really dislike 12 noon start times.  I miss the Wednesday - Sat/Sun schedule.

11 minutes ago, mainejeff said:

Honestly 3 or 4pm starts on Thursdays would almost be better than 6pm which messes with people's dinner hours too much.  I'd like to see them go back to 7pm.  Don't really care when games start on Saturdays....although I really dislike 12 noon start times.  I miss the Wednesday - Sat/Sun schedule.

The America East appears, in some situations, has paired. up road games in a manner similar to ECAC Hockey.  The UAlbany MBB weekend to Maine then New Hampshire and the Maine WBB weekend trip to UAlbany then Binghamton.  There is an effort on to control travel expenses.

45 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

The America East appears, in some situations, has paired. up road games in a manner similar to ECAC Hockey.  The UAlbany MBB weekend to Maine then New Hampshire and the Maine WBB weekend trip to UAlbany then Binghamton.  There is an effort on to control travel expenses.

Yeah I know that.  What is best for the fans doesn't necessarily match up with that is best for the student-athletes and the bottom line.  The 6pm start times seem to be an easy fix though.

Just to be the opposite, I would rather see an 8pm start time. Games starting at 6PM on a weekday would be impossible to attend with working until 5pm. My kids sports practices dont typically end until 5:30 or 6:00 on weeknights either, so earlier start times would mean I could never attend. I would end up cancelling my season tickets. Weekend games being earlier are fine by me, but again, night is always better for me - and my kids. Earlier might be better for really young kids, but any kids 10years old or older are normally fine with a 9pm end time. 

Edited by godanesgo99