UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs. Binghamton

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well - I'd like to give WB the benefit of the doubt that Singleas kept to form and perhaps took this out of context? But then again, I'm having a hard time figuring out how this could fit into any other context?

Maybe he meant inexperienced? unsure.gif

I thought he had to keep it simple when talking to the media and fans. I'm kidding.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to Coach Brown: He's playing a Juco and a bunch of freshman so he's trying to keep it simple

Not giving the benefit of the doubt to Coach Brown: These guys are a bunch of chowderheads who don't listen.

The brainiacs from Yale couldn't figure out our triangle and two defense or whatever they were running against the Bulldogs so our players must be listening to something.

Maybe it's just a fluke of the schedule but for the past three years our home game with Bing has been in early January when the students are out. I'm sure it's just a coincidence but I'd consider Bing and VT our two biggest conference rivals. Takes the fun out of it a little bit with no students there.

I'm trying to figure out if the team that lost to CCSU is the real Albany team or the one that beat Yale by 21 is the real Albany team. I just hope we win tomorrow and string some wins together.

Also giving coach the benefit of the doubt having thought about the TU blog entry some more...

The offense/defense has been complicated in years past...he's giving us what we all wanted and the team needs....just letting the kids play.

Let's see how it plays out....important game on Thursday for a lot of reasons.

What's the benefit of putting this out there even if it is true? This is one of those things that should have been kept behind locker room doors.

I agree. Like I said about a previous article about Mike Johnson and keeping his mouth shut. That should have stayed in the locker room too.

What's the benefit of putting this out there even if it is true? This is one of those things that should have been kept behind locker room doors.

I agree. Like I said about a previous article about Mike Johnson and keeping his mouth shut. That should have stayed in the locker room too.

His detractors will look for anything to take him to task for...certainly there is room to read stuff into what he said...why put it out there?

But what ever....no biggy! All that matters is that kids don't listen to that kind of talk....I'm sure he has good communication lines open with them and they understand where he's coming from.

However you wanna interpret it is fine, but ultimately, its good to see that CB is adjusting his gameplan to fit this team. Timmy said after the last game that this is how he played in HS and he loves this style of play. This also allows for good looks for Logan, Billy, and Will from the perimeter. I love it, and I hope CB continues to push the tempo tomorrow against Bingo

However you wanna interpret it is fine, but ultimately, its good to see that CB is adjusting his gameplan to fit this team. Timmy said after the last game that this is how he played in HS and he loves this style of play. This also allows for good looks for Logan, Billy, and Will from the perimeter. I love it, and I hope CB continues to push the tempo tomorrow against Bingo

I applaud Coach Brown for his willingness to abandon some of the technical to embrace more of the simple. I think it says a lot about the man to make such an adjustment.

And this is why you play DISCPLINED HOOPS and not "Oh let Tim Ambrose and McRae run." You cant play street ball in college...PERIOD.

Ambrose looks like $iena...and the defenders simply arent rotating...and this is defensive discpline that only the players can reach down and find. This aint coaching...he has tried everthing with these guys. This $iena aint about coaching anymore...its HEART. This team lacks it and I point my finger right at the two guys who are supposed to be leaders: Ambrose and Harris. I have never seen such a lacksidasical team in my 20 seasons watching the Danes.

Will has coached kids with heart...and he has pulled those kids and benched them, etc. So I dont want to hear that its his coaching or substitutions patterns...etc. This is commonsense basic basketball 101-- know your passing lanes, find a body, don't pick up a dribble without having someone to pass too or are ready to shoot, know your assignments, etc. This all comes down to HEART. Taking the time to learn...and dig deep.

THIS $iena IS ON THE PLAYERS...and hopefully they figure it out quick. Energy and heart comes from within. I would show videotape of Lillis, Connelly, Jamar, Siggers, Brent, Lou, etc. The tape would only be of hustle plays.

Archived