UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

What do you expect from the former "Voice of Siena Basketball" and current "Voice of the MAAC"?

Plus has he forgotten it's just over two years since a drunk Siena student (though not coming from the game) ran a car off the road killing two kids driving back from the Albany Cup game? Now send fans who may have been partying on a 50-mile drive home in the dark.

Talking about Sherman? Is that what he called himself? Bahhhhhh

You'd think he would know the size of the GFCC. Brilliant idea.

After beating up on them the past half decade+, I've lost interest in the game.

Home and home or nada.

Edited by uofalbany

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that is way too small a sample size to draw any conclusions lol.

The sample size is large enough to conclude they have more intelligent readers than the times useless :)

Usually you are "over the top", but this was priceless!

Honestly, why do we even want this game? For some $$? In the long run, leverage our recent success and press, and allow it to grow. Don't recognize little brother - when you do, you just give them relevance.

I only want it for one reason; to prove to all of the CD that we are THE premier university for athletics. I like to beat up on them. But not at the cost of being owned in the fairness department of the agreement.

Shelve this thing for a few years and see who comes crawling back to the negotiating table...most likely not UA lol.

Edited by Ilko

Honestly, why do we even want this game? For some $$? In the long run, leverage our recent success and press, and allow it to grow. Don't recognize little brother - when you do, you just give them relevance.

I only want it for one reason; to prove to all of the CD that we are THE premier university for athletics. I like to beat up on them. But not at the cost of being owned in the fairness department of the agreement.

Shelve this thing for a few years and see who comes crawling back to the negotiating table...most likely not UA lol.

Pretty sure national media people already realize Albany is the premier university for athletics in this area.

Really don't need to worry what the slower portion of the capital region thinks :)

Again Albany got more press in the last couple of weeks than they have for all the LCC games combined :)

Obviously it is impossible to go to the NCAA tournament every year, but frequent NCAA trips will keep building Albany in a way going on the road to beat LCC does not.

Edited by bob87

Pretty sure national media people already realize Albany is the premier university for athletics in this area.

Really don't need to worry what the slower portion of the capital region thinks :)

Again Albany got more press in the last couple of weeks than they have for all the LCC games combined :)

Obviously it is impossible to go to the NCAA tournament every year, but frequent NCAA trips will keep building Albany in a way going on the road to beat LCC does not.

+1.

Honestly, most people don't know LCC is located in upstate. Most haven't even heard of it. I'm from NYC, and honestly, had no clue Siena was upstate until I went to Albany.

Mark Benson knows what he's doing. UAlbany gear is being promoted on several local web sites. Who doesn't love a cool tee shirt or hat? The idea is to get lots of people, even if they are not alums, to identify with UAlbany. Slowly but surely a lot of capital region people are going to think of the Great Danes as their team. Now, we need some break through wins from our Football and Basketball teams.

Yeah, not sure how this solves a problem because the GFCC is 4800 seats. If Siena even entertains that concept, their argument about SEFCU being too small is forever gone!

Their argument became forever gone when they decide to play Vermont at Vermont. Seems to be no logic in playing the game in GF. Playing home and home is the best deal they can hope for - and with the growing disparity in talent, that window is closing quickly.

There are D3 schools in the area that might give them a game AND would bring fans to the TUC. And, LCC might pick up a much needed win.