UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next Years OOC Schedule

Lips are sealed...but let's just say...I am DEFINITELY making one trip if it comes to fruition...and it aint to any of the Florida games (though i may do that anyway if I can get the 'rents to make it up from S. Florida.

I totally forgot Penn...Brown did say earlier that the kids would have a chance to play at the Palestra...which is why he took the game.

Make that THREE trips I might make.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont know...but could give a rats arse....

so far we have speculated PENN, SIENA, UCF, USF, and someone on tobacco road....

....what more could you want as a player. You get to play a the Palestra, play in front of 13k+ in Albany, take a trip to Orlando/Tampa, and go play one of three storied programs.

I am satisfied right there.

Seriously...are yo kidding...and I am not saying there wont be...but...we have a VERY VERY YOUNG TEAM NEXT YEAR and will be playing:

at Siena (rivalry and 13k+)

at Penn (always good...and they were young this year...and at the Palestra)

possibly at UCF (they were the nations youngest team...and scared a bunch of people in C-USA)

possibly at USF (i dont care what they finished...they are in the Big East)

at either UNC, NC STATE, or DUKE (nuff said on that one).

I mean really? That is a killer schedule...with only the Penn game an even match-up. We will be heavy underdogs at any of the Tobacco road games, at USF, and at Siena. Slight underdogs against UCF.

Hey all,

I've been reading the board daily, but haven't had time to post in quite a while...

Just for the sake of devil's advocate, do you think part of the reason that Raffa and/or others are transferring is simply because of managing expectations? Aside from playing time, Raffa was recruited in the midst of our 2 straight back to back NCAA appearances. Perhaps he assumed the program would continue in this manner and rise to be a SERIOUS mid-major power. I think we have progressed quite a bit, and that is obvious in the fact that we have been getting QUALITY OOC games, but we have had our fair share of setbacks or learning curves. I think some people as mentioned by others on the board, just aren't used to adversity.

I feel as though Raffa is a very good player, but probably holds himself in a very high esteem (possibly too high), and though that Albany might be viewed in the same way that Siena is being viewed currently etc...

Thoughts? Or am I just an idiot? ha

one more big name team would be nice

call me crazy but i would like to see us stop scheduling NEC teams and try to get low level A10 and CAA teams for home games

I believe there is one more big time program in the mix.

Like I said in the other post I hope we don't schedule as many NEC teams. Last year we had SHU, CCS, Bryant, and St Francis. Replace those games with mid-low level teams in the CAA and A10. We have the ability to get home games against them, such as Deleware and St Bona in the 06-07 season.

Throw in teams from the real MAC possibly.

I don't want games versus the NEC!

I want the most difficult games possible.

I'd like to see as many big names as possible on our schedule. I'd like to see UConn, Syracuse, and Boston College on our schedule every year. Add a UMass game to that annual list. All away games within easy driving distance.

Then, I'd like to sprinkle in 3 or 4 more big names, all of which could be a bit farther away, but still in reasonable driving distance..... Teams like Villanova, Virginia, Georgetown, Penn State.... etc. etc., etc.

How difficult is it to schedule these types of programs?

Now, for the real reason I'm writing....

It is my understanding that Will Brown and Jamie Dixon are good friends. Is it true? If it's not, forget what I'm about to say. If so, how about playing the friendship card, and scheduling a UAlbany / Pitt game every year? There hasn't been a UAlbany Pitt game yet between the two.

It is my understanding that Will Brown and Jamie Dixon are good friends. Is it true? If it's not, forget what I'm about to say. If so, how about playing the friendship card, and scheduling a UAlbany / Pitt game every year? There hasn't been a UAlbany Pitt game yet between the two.

Yes there has..the Danes played Pitt in November 2003..that was Jamie Dixon's first year at the helm.

I don't want games versus the NEC!

I want the most difficult games possible.

I'd like to see as many big names as possible on our schedule. I'd like to see UConn, Syracuse, and Boston College on our schedule every year. Add a UMass game to that annual list. All away games within easy driving distance.

We could, but then we wouldn't have a home game until January

Already played that card - we lost to Pitt 83-54 on 11/28/03

uofalbany might have hit on one....and two others mentioned someplace on this thread maybeeee :ninja: ...and as Dane96 said who knows if those games are actually locked in.

we all hear things.... but only when it's released or CB announces it, will it be 100% true

Archived