UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next Years OOC Schedule

Should be a fun game and special for UAlbany fans to be able to see their team play a potential top 25 team in their own back yard.

MTS

If you want to know when the game is, just ask, but please keep the BS lines on the boards that they belong on.

Yes, many Albany fans like this game, but I doubt many consider Siena a legitimate top 25 team. Sure they have a good team, top 60 perhaps. This guy you posted on the maac board said it the best I have seen so far. You might want to read it slowly and I put the link and the relevant part below for you.

That being said, it looks like the game would be the day posted by others. That could be the same day as an UA post season football game should they win the NEC for the 3 straight year and the game that would have my priority even if I have to travel. Post season UA games always have priority to me over regular season UA games.

Also, don't forget this is the only game Siena fans get to experience a college astrosphere without having to travel and being that you don't have any other teams at Siena you don't have to worry about potential conflicts.

http://basketballpredictions.blogspot.com/...rs-part-ii.html

"One thing to be careful about with Siena is that they played a bunch of great teams last season, but they didn't beat any of them (other than the Tournament game against Ohio State, of course). The RPI rewards you for losing to elite teams, but better computer rankings don't. So they had an RPI of 18th at the end of the MAAC tournament, but even the win over Ohio State and the close battle with Louisville only got their Sagarin PREDICTOR up to 60th in the nation. Pomeroy had them 59th. In other words, they maybe weren't as good as most analysts thought they were. Even though they should be better next year, that doesn't mean that they'll be more successful or that we should throw them into the Top 25, as some analysts are already doing."

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should be a fun game and special for UAlbany fans to be able to see their team play a potential top 25 team in their own back yard.

MTS

If you want to know when the game is, just ask, but please keep the BS lines on the boards that they belong on.

Yes, many Albany fans like this game, but I doubt many consider Siena a legitimate top 25 team. Sure they have a good team, top 60 perhaps. This guy you posted on the maac board said it the best I have seen so far. You might want to read it slowly and I put the link and the relevant part below for you.

That being said, it looks like the game would be the day posted by others. That could be the same day as an UA post season football game should they win the NEC for the 3 straight year and the game that would have my priority even if I have to travel. Post season UA games always have priority to me over regular season UA games.

Also, don't forget this is the only game Siena fans get to experience a college astrosphere without having to travel and being that you don't have any other teams at Siena you don't have to worry about potential conflicts.

"One thing to be careful about with Siena is that they played a bunch of great teams last season, but they didn't beat any of them (other than the Tournament game against Ohio State, of course). The RPI rewards you for losing to elite teams, but better computer rankings don't. So they had an RPI of 18th at the end of the MAAC tournament, but even the win over Ohio State and the close battle with Louisville only got their Sagarin PREDICTOR up to 60th in the nation. Pomeroy had them 59th. In other words, they maybe weren't as good as most analysts thought they were. Even though they should be better next year, that doesn't mean that they'll be more successful or that we should throw them into the Top 25, as some analysts are already doing."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor...&id=4105841

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/insider/new...%3fid%3d4106855

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=933183

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11612659

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9524532...reseason-Top-25

Hmmm CBS, FOX, ESPN (Katz and Gottlieb) and Rivals all have Siena in their top 25.. and a couple have them in their top 20. As we know these aren't biased Siena fans.

Just the facts, folks.

MTS

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor...&id=4105841

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/insider/new...%3fid%3d4106855

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=933183

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11612659

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9524532...reseason-Top-25

Hmmm CBS, FOX, ESPN (Katz and Gottlieb) and Rivals all have Siena in their top 25.. and a couple have them in their top 20. As we know these aren't biased Siena fans.

Just the facts, folks.

Empty....why do you bring this content here...those who want to see where Siena is ranked preseason can always find the info on your board or ESPN. You are turning a completely legitimate question (when will the UA vs. Siena game be played) into a pissing match with your idiotic one liner about how we'll get a chance to watch a top 25 team play. Don't you get enough abuse on the TU blogs, your own board and the MAAC board? I don't mind your idiotic lunacy on other boards but please, keep it away from this board.

No one here want's to read your propaganda....we all know you've made the rounds and checked/check all of the websites so why not run off and enjoy the content somewhere else? Ask the legit questions, otherwise BEAT IT!

Calling saintly!

Empty....why do you bring this content here...those who want to see where Siena is ranked preseason can always find the info on your board or ESPN. You are turning a completely legitimate question (when will the UA vs. Siena game be played) into a pissing match with your idiotic one liner about how we'll get a chance to watch a top 25 team play. Don't you get enough abuse on the TU blogs, your own board and the MAAC board? I don't mind your idiotic lunacy on other boards but please, keep it away from this board.

No one here want's to read your propaganda....we all know you've made the rounds and checked/check all of the websites so why not run off and enjoy the content somewhere else? Ask the legit questions, otherwise BEAT IT!

Calling saintly!

bosiydid

Well put

MTS

Your BS is so-called experts opinion. Not one team has ever made the NCAA tournament because experts thought they were a top 25 team. You might want to ask last seasons Georgetown and Notre Dame about that.

The facts are every team is 0-0 and every team could technically be considered a potential "top 25 team" since they haven't played any games yet. I will give you that probably 100 teams have the same chance of being in the top 25 as Chien Ming Wang has of getting his ERA under 13 after his next start. (it would take 10 scoreless innings). But again, there is plenty of time to discuss the ranking of your team on other threads here if anyone is interested. The potential ranking of LCC has nothing to do with the date the game is to be played. This is the schedule thread and so far Albany is expected to have 2 legitimate top 25 teams on the schedule next season. Those have already been talked about even on the TU and they are Syracuse and North Carolina. We will find out for sure when the schedules are released.

While I am looking forward for the schedule to be released to find out the where and when of all the games, we still have Albany baseball, softball, football, volleyball and soccer seasons as well as the Mets and half of the Giants season to go before college basketball even starts again. At times I feel sorry for you Siena guys with no games to watch from March to November.

• 1 month later...

No news about home games for next year but there is one listed for 2011 - Florida Atlantic. We start down there this year and they're coming to Albany the following year. Mike Jarvis at the Cue.

No news about home games for next year but there is one listed for 2011 - Florida Atlantic. We start down there this year and they're coming to Albany the following year. Mike Jarvis at the Cue.

Let's see if they can manipulate an August home date.

That man loves Saratoga.

DP

I havn't seen the link on the home game yet. Are you talking 10-11 or 11-12..

Let's see if they can manipulate an August home date.

That man loves Saratoga.

During his time at St. John's he was briefly a member of the NYRA Board of Trustees.

DP

2010-2011. It's on the site NCAA Palace and it has to be right because the internet is never wrong.

Nice...was wondering what the other Florida team was going to be. It is 15 minutes from my parents...will take the family for some UA fun!

DP

2010-2011. It's on the site NCAA Palace and it has to be right because the internet is never wrong.

Thanks

Nothing new for 09-10(not even dates for any of the games), but glad to see the home game for 10-11.

Archived