UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next Years OOC Schedule

More on the TU blog. Opening round games are November 9-13, midweek trip out to Syracuse would be in order. We play the three games at Sefcu on consecutive nights - Wow! I'm guessing the other teams are playing each other at the Cue on those nights also?

DP

I have not seen info on the websites confirming what Mark S said about UA playing straight 3 nights. The website has the 4 "host" teams playing in the Garden 11/19 and 11/20. The dates of the first round are correct per the coaches vs cancer website. Somewhere already posted said the 4 teams would play round robins, so I would expect 3 doubleheaders at UA whether on 3 straight nights or with a day off.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Albany will be playing Michael Jordan's son Marcus next year as he committed to UCF yesterday.

That's pretty cool..chose UCF over places like Toledo, Davidson and Iowa.

With the Tarheels winning the national championship last night..and assuming the reports/rumors are true..the Danes will have played the defending national champs two years in a row..Kansas in 08-09 and UNC in 09-10..also played the eventual national champ Florida in 05-06..that's some fun scheduling.

Albany will be playing Michael Jordan's son Marcus next year as he committed to UCF yesterday.

Mike Black has already played against him in Chicago so he should be familiar with him. Michael Jordan's son and Wynton Marsalis's son on tap for next year.

Travelers lists us as looking to start a series at home...Dec 12 or 13th

does that mean a home and home that starts out in albany?

Yes , that means that is what Albany is looking for.

Hopefully if the report is accurate, they get that with a decent opponent.

As anyone smarter than a $iena fan knows, just because you want something doesn't mean you get it. You got to be providing a match for what the other school is looking for also.

An NYC blog says we'll be playing Iona next year.

"- Next season Iona will be playing in the Old Spice Tourney in Orlando over Thanksgiving weekend. The home opener will most likely be vs. Boston University. They will also play LIU, Albany and a BracketBusters opponent at home this year."

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody confirm the date for the Siena-UA game in 2009? I have heard December 5th a Saturday at 7pm. That would make sense since the series usually is played lately on the first Saturday in December. Should be a fun game and special for UAlbany fans to be able to see their team play a potential top 25 team in their own back yard.

Can anybody confirm the date for the Siena-UA game in 2009? I have heard December 5th a Saturday at 7pm. That would make sense since the series usually is played lately on the first Saturday in December. Should be a fun game and special for Albany to be able to see their team play a potential top 25 team in their own back yard.

I agree, it'll be fun for the City of Albany to watch their team (UAlbany) play Siena. Though I'm not sure I'd put UAlbany as a potential top 25 team at this point, though perhaps by the Siena game. :ph34r:

Archived