UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@Stony Brook 1/8

25-2. 21-0. Speechless.

OK. A couple comments: I blame this loss on the basketball gods, just having some fun with us. How do you totally dominate a team for 32½ minutes and then mysteriously the ball just seems to bounce or fly away from us on every procession for the last 7½ minutes. It was like a magical invisible hand kept swiping the ball away. And passes going to no one! DEFENSE appears to be the main cause--UA's lack thereof and brooks intensity @ the end. But did the basketball gods just turn off the UA switch at mile marker 32.5 and breathe a shot of adrenaline into brook???????? Now let's talk about the officiating gods. When a team is trying to make a come back from little or far, they are statistically much more likely to commit fouls than the team leading {regardless if the come back amount is large or small, but usually more statistically significant if the deficit is large.} brook committed only one foul in the last 7½ to UA's 5 or 6??????? Lastly, Cremo absolutely did not travel on his circus shot at the end; and this is from the brook announcers and from me [who if you knew me] know I think players travel 100% more than is called.

Edited by dslyank

25-2. 21-0. Speechless.

OK. A couple comments: I blame this loss on the basketball gods, just having some fun with us. How do you totally dominate a team for 32½ minutes and then mysteriously the ball just seems to bounce or fly away from us on every procession for the last 7½ minutes. It was like a magical invisible hand kept swiping the ball away. And passes going to no one! DEFENSE appears to be the main cause--our lack thereof and brooks intensity @ the end. But did the basketball gods just turn off the UA switch at mile marker 32.5 and breathe a shot of adrenaline into brook???????? Now let's talk about the officiating gods. When a team is trying to make a come back from little or far, they are statistically much more likely to commit fouls than the team leading {regardless if the come back amount is large or small, but usually more statistically significant if the deficit is large.} brook committed only one foul in the last 7½ to UA's 5 or 6??????? Lastly, Cremo absolutely did not travel on his circus shot at the end; and this is from the brook announcers and from me [who if you knew me] know I think players travel 100% more than is called.

You the guy that yells "TRAVEL!" at SEFCU somewhere behind me in 200? :P

Yeah, lots of blown calls...that one was terrible. I was watching the game last night and I re-watched the play 3-4 times in quick succession. Didn't see the travel. Should have been a foul on SB if anything.

Edited by Eli

Saturday night New Mexico blew a 25-point lead to Nevada in eleven minutes to lose AT HOME.

The travel call was the kind you don't get when momentum's against you. For sure there are plenty worse travels that aren't called.

dslyank is "one' of the people who cals for travels in section 200, but not the only (or loudest) one

• Like 1

I'm I looking at this right? We scored 2 points in the last 7 minutes against SB and 2 points in the last 4 minutes against UML (6 points in the last 6 minutes)?

Are we taking our foot of the gas (in addition to choking and not playing D)?

Maybe guards are running out of gas. Too many overall minutes for Nichols and Cremo. Not much help or room to rest them it appears. Grayson mostly a disappointment. No body else seems to have stepped up. Ennema has been forced to help out up front because of issues there and even with reinforcements now available up front, he does not handle the ball well enough to spell Cremo or Nichols. To add to your late game stats, in our last win (Cornell), Joe had about 20 pts @ the 30 minute mark & only 2 or 3 the rest of the way; luckily Nichols took over from there and had 8 or 9 of his 21pts. The point being the pattern of poor finishes, could well be as much an issue as poor defense. Going forward, I am not sure there are any answers to either???

• Like 1

I was thinking earlier how good it was to have Lands, Charles and Campbell all healthy in case Stire got in foul trouble. Hadn't been worrying about guards.

Ennema slipped and fell on the hotel stairs on arrival, landing on his tailbone. I'm sure that didn't do his already bad back any good. Even without that he's not going to help the guards much with ballhandling.

Possible solution to above. For blog talk only.

At the purple gold scrimmage, it was surmised Cambpell was to start. Maybe they should go back to him, or Ennema, or Charles, or Lands starting. Bring Grayson off the bench to spell Joe & David. Having Joe, David and Marquise all in the game at the same time, does not leave much room for guard rest.Thoughts??

Edited by dslyank

Possible solution to above. For blog talk only.

At the purple gold scrimmage, it was surmised Cambpell was to start. Maybe they should go back to him, or Ennema, or Charles, or Lands starting. Bring Grayson off the bench to spell Joe & David. Having Joe, David and Marquise all in the game at the same time, does not leave much room for guard rest.Thoughts??

Agreed. Would use Charles or Lands, Campbell isn't ready. He had some BAD mistakes yesterday..

I'm honestly having trouble even reading this thread because I'm so upset about this loss. Only got to watch the second half on an ipad at my bros house before the Giants game. I was furious. I have no idea how or why they just totally fell apart like that. I might take a little break from watching or reading for a week or so.