UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX NCAA Semifinal vs Yale (Gillette Stadium)

I like the points made on the UA sports site about the upcoming game: "This is the first time a SUNY school has earned a trip to a men’s Division I Final Four. The UAlbany field hockey team [who else?} was the first SUNY team to do it in 2014.  UAlbany is also the first America East team to reach the semifinal round since Towson in 2001."  [Bold enhancements and brackets are my additions.]

You know we are going to get a heaping dose of the 10 man ride so need to work on that and keeping Reeves below GLE.

The face off battle goes with saying, but need to find some creative ways to slip Connor of off picks to get him a little space to get shots off from the middle of the field, and get on Starr early and often so he can’t get confident.

58 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

I like the points made on the UA sports site about the upcoming game: "This is the first time a SUNY school has earned a trip to a men’s Division I Final Four. The UAlbany field hockey team [who else?} was the first SUNY team to do it in 2014.  UAlbany is also the first America East team to reach the semifinal round since Towson in 2001."  [Bold enhancements and brackets are my additions.]

And we don't have to worry about who plays first, as the Stony Brook women lost in overtime at Boston College yesterday, 12-11

I think we learned from the last Yale game and will be ready.  No question TD will do better.  He watched video of every single game tha baptiste played this year.  Not sure if he watched others.  He will do the same for the Yale FO and will be better.  I have no doubt about that.  Remember it was 7-5 in the 3rd against Yale last time and we fell apart.  Don't expect that this time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I think we learned from the last Yale game and will be ready.  No question TD will do better.  He watched video of every single game tha baptiste played this year.  Not sure if he watched others.  He will do the same for the Yale FO and will be better.  I have no doubt about that.  Remember it was 7-5 in the 3rd against Yale last time and we fell apart.  Don't expect that this time.

here is another key...neutral field

6 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

And Fields should not be laying in a heap on the field  in the 1st quarter.

Yeah that crappy field turf they had. Literally rained all day and I think less guys slipped yesterday than the game at Yale

Since my connectivity and time to look at stuff online is very limited right now, can you guys post links to any good articles you find this week in the run-up to the game?

Quick update: Insurance adjuster coming with week. Neighbors and I cleared a ton of trees past four days. Electric company cleared the streets and put up new poles yesterday. Lines going up today but may be another day or two until we get power back. Family is in good spirits considering the circumstances.  Really appreciate all the well wishes and PMs.  Thanks!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Yeah that crappy field turf they had. Literally rained all day and I think less guys slipped yesterday than the game at Yale

Yep.  He was taking it easy a little the other day - at least I THINK - because of the very wet field.