UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX NCAA Semifinal vs Yale (Gillette Stadium)

40 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

I think the tix from the university web site are in our section. Call our ticket office

I called and left a message with Nate.  The box office is closed for the summer.

Sigh.

40 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I called and left a message with Nate.  The box office is closed for the summer.

Sigh.

If you order on UA Ticket site you should be able to sit in UA area unless sold out first. Also office not closed; from order form:

"The deadline to purchase tickets through UAlbany is Thursday, May 24 at 3:00PM.
Game tickets can be picked up in the Ualbany ticket office Thursday, May 24 from 10am-6pm."

Did you get the original email offer? There appears to be some issues with UAlbanySports.com; but if you "View Archives" you should find the original offer/order details

Edited by dslyank

Easy there.  No need for "flagships".  We have outstanding teams all around.  We are arguably THE ELITE athletic department in the America East, all around.  And, arguably one of the best in the Northeast.

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Easy there.  No need for "flagships".  We have outstanding teams all around.  We are arguably THE ELITE athletic department in the America East, all around.  And, arguably one of the best in the Northeast.

I don't think it is disrespecting the other teams to say that the lacrosse program has ascended to the top of the mountain, and is without a doubt the program which brings the most positive exposure to the university. It shouldn't be celebrated at the expense of everyone else, but it should be maximized to raise the overall profile of the athletic department and the university.

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I don't think it is disrespecting the other teams to say that the lacrosse program has ascended to the top of the mountain, and is without a doubt the program which brings the most positive exposure to the university. It shouldn't be celebrated at the expense of everyone else, but it should be maximized to raise the overall profile of the athletic department and the university.

Agree 100%,  Most exposure right now.  FB has brought a lot the last few years too as have BOTH Basketball programs.  MULTIPLE trips to the NCAA's as well

Edited by HOF2013

11 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Agree 100%,  Most exposure right now.  FB has brought a lot the last few years too as have BOTH Basketball programs.  MULTIPLE trips to the NCAA's as well

I don't think there's anything wrong with lacrosse being the elite program of UA athletics. What other sports is UA getting All-Americans in? It's still a niche sport, but if Albany can somehow win a National Championship this weekend it'll be the biggest thing the the athletic program has ever done.

And most importantly it is the only program that is on the the level of these big name schools. I find that the best part.  

Edited by UA'08

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with lacrosse being the elite program of UA athletics. What other sports is UA getting All-Americans in? It's still a niche sport, but if Albany can somehow win a National Championship this weekend it'll be the biggest thing the the athletic program has ever done.

And most importantly it is the only program that is on the the level of these big name schools. I find that the best part.  

By far the biggest accomplishment!  Let’s get it done!

7 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Have to agree.  Some of us on BPF are older, some are younger.  Nothing would make me prouder of UA than a national championship in my lifetime.  Could be any sport, could be mens or womens, just give me one before I leave this earth.  But I am realistic that in most sports, it is impossible to compete nationally.  Our Bball teams will never win a title.   Win a 1st round game,  sure, but not defeat a run of blue bloods on way to a title.  T & F teams are great, but their times don't compare to SEC teams.  Soccer teams have had some success but would need alot of help to get to championship game (UMBC does have a final 4).  Baseball and softball can't compete with bigger Power 6 schools in better weather areas.  Look at softball last week, 4-0, and 16-0 defeats.  Field hockey has some success and can get back to final 4 if they can find another Paula Heuser.  Football could get there.  Our usual good running game and stout defense is only missing a solid QB most years from getting a playoff spot, then it's a relativily small playoff run to get to the big game.  Women's Lax is good but step behind SB

So that leaves our lax boys as the obvious favorite to get UA that title in the near future and this year is it due to the senior leadership.  Think we will be good next year but 2nd tier with loss of Fields, Mcclancy, Rehs, JD, etc.  Marr will reload but how long will he coach, 5 more? 10 more?  Come on boys!!  Get UA that title this weekend. 

Edited by nysteve661