UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #12: 11/23/19 - 2:00PM @ Stony Brook [Regular Season Finale]

My guess is if Benson really wants to promo football, he will pay the 30k and get the game.

If so, we are likely getting CCSU, Holy Cross, or Monmouth.  I think AT&T gets in from MEAC but will stay south.  

I could also see some bull$iena like us going to a Kennesaw...and that's a long trip.  You never know.  

• Like 1

I want to give a shout out to my wife; when I was focused on taking a sabbatical from UAlbany Football, she reminded me how much UAlbany football 🏈 games were part of fall.  Did she know how well UAlbany Football would do?  She not saying however; I am saying thank you to my wife for bringing me to my senses.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dane96 said:

My guess is if Benson really wants to promo football, he will pay the 30k and get the game.

If so, we are likely getting CCSU, Holy Cross, or Monmouth.  I think AT&T gets in from MEAC but will stay south.  

I could also see some bull$iena like us going to a Kennesaw...and that's a long trip.  You never know.  

Probably not Monmouth, since we already played them.

You mean NC A&T ? Some projections had us at Northern Iowa,, then NDak St, but seedings may change. 

EDIT: Read that since Florida A&M has a postseason ban, NCA&T will go to the Celebration Bowl. Maybe SC State from the MEAC?

Edited by UAalum72

25 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Probably not Monmouth, since we already played them.

You mean NC A&T ? Some projections had us at Northern Iowa,, then NDak St, but seedings may change. 

My guess would be UAlbany vs Holy Cross and Monmouth vs Central Connecticut.  There was some movement with possible seeds today so I’m thinking Villanova ends up with one of the seeds.

170216041846.jpg

Great Danes Fans,

With a victory against in-state rival Stony Brook today, UAlbany Football will now await their post-season destiny during the FCS Playoffs Selection Show tomorrow afternoon. We invite all fans to join the team, coaches, and staff in SEFCU Arena tomorrow at 12:00 pm as we find out where we will be playing.  Should the Danes be selected, FCS playoff ticket information will be released at the watch party followed by email.

Thank you for your support and Go Great Danes!

GHZSVJFTKDAFPQY.20191123232525.jpg

13 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I hate being a naysayer, but I see a lot of obstacles with students being away for holiday weekend, many "regulars" being away or having company at home and the  1:00 men's basketball home game, which creates conflicts with use of the SEFCU parking lot, overlap with band, cheer and dance team and of course, basically the same fan base.  

15 minutes ago, statefan said:

I hate being a naysayer, but I see a lot of obstacles with students being away for holiday weekend, many "regulars" being away or having company at home and the  1:00 men's basketball home game, which creates conflicts with use of the SEFCU parking lot, overlap with band, cheer and dance team and of course, basically the same fan base.  

There are options: move the basketball game to a later time if American U will agree however another option a later start for the foot football 🏈game such as 400 PM.

Was in NY for business so I stayed over and went to the game:

They obviously had a great start to the game and I thought it was going to get ugly early...

I don’t understand that second reverse pass- it wasn’t necessary.  I question why Coach would call it but also why Reeves would throw it when the receiver was double covered.  That really got the Stony Brook fans going and took away all our momentum.  

The missed field goal hurt.  I forget the distance but it wasn’t much longer than an extra point.  Just can’t miss those.

Juwan Green has to get back to catching the ball consistently.  The dropped touchdown wasn’t the best throw but it’s one he would have caught earlier this year,  he missed two or three others as well - all catchable.  He had a couple drops last week too - maybe cold weather?

Undercuffler forced a few passes where the receiver had very little chance to make the catch.  Stony Brook also started blitzing and that really changed his game - he didn’t seem to have time to make the reads.

Mofor is such a patient running back - patient, waits for hole to open.  Also such a physical running back.  I think we need to get him more involved earlier in the game.  Just seems like we pass a lot early and then Mofor gets a lot of carries late in the game.

Also, my first time to Stony Brook’s stadium.  It’s a great set up - nothing fancy but a nice connected lower bowl (you could walk around the entire bowl), second decks above the home side and above one of the end zones, concessions and bathrooms were good.  Also, large Marching Band.  Overall a very good experience.

1 hour ago, statefan said:

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

There are options: move the basketball game to a later time if American U will agree however another option a later start for the foot football 🏈game such as 400 PM.

Sorry to the BB team but I'd much rather watch playoff football than a BB team who hasn't figured it out.

As for 4PM start for FB, no way. If anything, it should be an 11 or 12 start...4PM is far too late and too cold.

They should just move BB to like 5 or 6PM. Clear SEFCU lot after the FB game and then let the BB parking holders back in.

• Like 1