UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

12 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Well, there is UMass and UConn. When they started UAlbany it was supposed to be an "informal nickname" (would be useful in a headline so you know it's not Albany High, the Patroons, the River Rats etc.) but I think it's way overused

Yes but those are state labels not city labels. I'm fine with it being informal, but it should stay off the field and off the scorers box on TV, announcers lips, etc. lol. I personally hate it.

14 hours ago, cwdickens said:

just saying, it is Stony Brook University and Binghamton University... do not see the UAlbany label going any place as long as "UA-UKNOW" continues to live on

Right, but no one says UStony Brook or U Binghamton...they just say Stony Brook or Binghamton when talking about them in a sports setting (live on a broadcast, in media, etc.).

UA-UKNOW is another thing that grinds my gears lol. I'm not even 40 yet and this had to have been the idea of some 20yr old with their stupid slang these days like "rizz", etc. UKNOW what? That we haven't been relevant in a decade? Such a stupid chant.

Anyway...first world problems I guess lol. It just makes me feel like we're a D2 school lol.

50 minutes ago, Eli said:

Yes but those are state labels not city labels. I'm fine with it being informal, but it should stay off the field and off the scorers box on TV, announcers lips, etc. lol. I personally hate it.

Right, but no one says UStony Brook or U Binghamton...they just say Stony Brook or Binghamton when talking about them in a sports setting (live on a broadcast, in media, etc.).

UA-UKNOW is another thing that grinds my gears lol. I'm not even 40 yet and this had to have been the idea of some 20yr old with their stupid slang these days like "rizz", etc. UKNOW what? That we haven't been relevant in a decade? Such a stupid chant.

Anyway...first world problems I guess lol. It just makes me feel like we're a D2 school lol.

I think it stays for a few reasons.  Albany state (pronounced Al-Bah-new) in Georgia and it also prevents Albany (NY) which I hate when I see. 

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Not sure where you are getting this statement??  Did not redo Broadview just to abandon it. What does Broadview become then???

No I didn't mean that Broadview is going to be abandoned for basketball.   I was talking about the fitness center to the left of the arena.  The fitness center is to big of a space not to be used for something AD related.  I love what the PE building will become.  I wonder what they will do with the locker rooms, offices, racquet ball courts.  There is a lot of space and possibilities.

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

Not sure where you are getting this statement??  Did not redo Broadview just to abandon it. What does Broadview become then???

I think they're referring to the fitness center. 

1 hour ago, alum73 said:

I think they're referring to the fitness center. 

OK. My mistake. Broadview still =s Basketball 🏀.

Still wondering WHY Field House (whatever) not mentioned at all in the linked presentation referenced above?????

Edited by dslyank

19 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

I still wish the crowd would just chant ALLLLL-buh-NEEEEE (I think the lacrosse crowd still does). That way we could teach people how to pronounce it.

Does anyone else remember the beloved equipment manager of the D-3 era... Benny Siegal - who used to bring out his megaphone and rile up the crows?    Gimme an A.. Gimme a L .. Gimme an A ..   Gimme a N... Gimme a Y..   What's that spell? "Albany   What's that spell?    "Albany"  What's that spell?     

"That's ALL BENNY!"  😄

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GDBD said:

Does anyone else remember the beloved equipment manager of the D-3 era... Benny Siegal - who used to bring out his megaphone and rile up the crows?    Gimme an A.. Gimme a L .. Gimme an A ..   Gimme a N... Gimme a Y..   What's that spell? "Albany   What's that spell?    "Albany"  What's that spell?     

"That's ALL BENNY!"  😄

He also held up a section of de fence

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GDBD said:

"That's ALL BENNY!"  😄

Remember him well, late 70's, early 80's.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Remember him well, late 70's, early 80's.

Kind of. Yeah, sure. I also remember a guy named “Spud” I think. Looked like he stepped out of central casting for a tough as nails WW2 type…t shirt, grey crew cut. My memory could be bad…it was the early 70s after all. I don’t recall him at games, but was def the go to guy for university issued stuff. 

Edited by jimbo

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Kind of. Yeah, sure. I also remember a guy named “Spud” I think. Looked like he stepped out of central casting for a tough as nails WW2 type…t shirt, grey crew cut. My memory could be bad…it was the early 70s after all. I don’t recall him at games, but was def the go to guy for university issued stuff. 

Spud Kruzan was the trainer for the basketball team

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Spud Kruzan was the trainer for the basketball team

Also FB

10 hours ago, dslyank said:

What ever happened to Field House, Bubble, Indoor Practice Facility for football/lax, [whatever you want to call it] ?????????? 

Waiting for your check to clear!