UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruit Visit Today

Can't we forget Josh Duell, he is not the same Josh Duell this year as he was last.  Scholarships can be used better elsewhere.  If he wants to walk-on, OK.

13502[/snapback]

Pretty sure it would be up to Coach Brown and his staff if we can use Duell. If he/they feel that the last scholly would be put to good use on Duell, then I'm 100% for it. I think Coach Brown has more than done enough to earn our trust..ESPECIALLY in the area of recruiting.

Apparently it was Duell, as reported in the Troy Record yesterday

13505[/snapback]

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO :huh: I have to believe that we can get something better with the schol. There is no better time to get an impact player, not Duell. Plus the cupboard is full upfront. I doubt he’ll offer him the last scholarship. Duell will probably go to JC and then look around again. I can’t imagine Brown tying up a scholarship for a player that will be a junior come next year and if transferred directly would have to sit two years. Makes no sense.

Edited by bosiydid

This is just a guess but if Duell were to come to UA wouldn't he transfer to HVCC next year and then transfer over the following year? That would mean he wouldn't use a scholarship until 07-08 and they could give the remaining one to someone else. Hopefully another midwest player.

For the record I'd like having a local player on the roster.

This is just a guess but if Duell were to come to UA wouldn't he transfer to HVCC next year and then transfer over the following year? That would mean he wouldn't use a scholarship until 07-08 and they could give the remaining one to someone else. Hopefully another midwest player.

For the record I'd like having a local player on the roster.

13509[/snapback]

I too like the idea of a local player on the team. That being said I still think UA has elevated itself above a Vermont role player. Only for one year at this point, but the feeling is this team is headed in the right direction.

I know you can't recruit solely on the RPI or one tournament appearance but take a look at some of the teams around UA on the RPI rankings and ask if they would utilize a sholarship this way? We finished (?) number 119.

Missouri 139

St. John's 137

Texas Tech 136

Fordham 134

UMass 131

Siena 125

Fresno St 124

USC 117

Auburn 116

Georgia 109

Providence 108

Penn St 106 (no tournament and they snagged T. Battle)

Again some of these have a huge conference edge but these are the teams UA needs to compare itself to.

As someone else said if Brown determines its the best use, then it is. Maybe he knows more than us? Impossible.

My biggest concern with Duell is that he was the top returning scorer last year and was relegated to coming off the bench for all but 7 games last season. Perhaps coming off the injury had a greater effect on him then we know. I think we already have a solid bench and if we were looking to fill the bench I would much rather do it with someone who will have a full 4 years to grow into the starting line-up, not someone who will spend an abbreviated career of two years coming off the bench the whole time. I have to believe that there is an incoming freshman out there somewhere with a greater upside.

A new york state kid would be nice. We can strike while the iron is hot. Maybe someone from one of the bigger NYC schools. Start a pipeline up the thruway!

I'd try to go for a speedy guard. After next year with Jamar and Siggers gone, I can see the need for someone who can drive the lane. Just my thoughts. We have enough bigs with Covington, Brent, Connolley, and the two big freshman.