UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jamar

http://www.albany.edu/sports/stories.htm#wilson_ap

UALBANY'S JAMAR WILSON ON ASSOCIATED PRESS ALL-AMERICA BASKETBALL SQUAD

Albany, N.Y. -- University at Albany's Jamar Wilson has been named to the The Associated Press' All-America men's basketball team as announced today by the national wire service. Wilson, a 6-foot-1 junior from Bronx, N.Y., was an honorable mention selection.

Wilson was voted the America East Conference player of the year after averaging 17.7 points, 4.9 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 1.3 steals. He was also chosen the America East tournament's most outstanding player after scoring 29 points in leading the Great Danes to an 80-67 victory over Vermont in the championship game. The Great Danes captured their first-ever America East regular-season and tournament titles and reached the NCAA tournament for the first time as a Division I program. UAlbany posted a 21-11 record, the most wins since the 1993-94 campaign.

Wilson, the first player in school history to combine for more than 1,500 points and 300 assists in a career, scored 20 or more points on 15 occasions this season. A unanimous first-team all-conference selection, he had 19 points and six assists against second-ranked Connecticut in the NCAA's first round. Wilson, who has 1,544 career points, will have an opportunity to break the school's career scoring record next season. Gary Holway scored 1,851 points from 1955-59.

http://www.albany.edu/sports/stories.htm#wilson_ap

UALBANY'S JAMAR WILSON ON ASSOCIATED PRESS ALL-AMERICA BASKETBALL SQUAD

Albany, N.Y. -- University at Albany's Jamar Wilson has been named to the The Associated Press' All-America men's basketball team as announced today by the national wire service. Wilson, a 6-foot-1 junior from Bronx, N.Y., was an honorable mention selection.

Wilson was voted the America East Conference player of the year after averaging 17.7 points, 4.9 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 1.3 steals. He was also chosen the America East tournament's most outstanding player after scoring 29 points in leading the Great Danes to an 80-67 victory over Vermont in the championship game. The Great Danes captured their first-ever America East regular-season and tournament titles and reached the NCAA tournament for the first time as a Division I program. UAlbany posted a 21-11 record, the most wins since the 1993-94 campaign.

Wilson, the first player in school history to combine for more than 1,500 points and 300 assists in a career, scored 20 or more points on 15 occasions this season. A unanimous first-team all-conference selection, he had 19 points and six assists against second-ranked Connecticut in the NCAA's first round.  Wilson, who has 1,544 career points, will have an opportunity to break the school's career scoring record next season. Gary Holway scored 1,851 points from 1955-59.

13578[/snapback]

Wow...what a great accomplishment. GO JAMAR. If he was 6 foot...he would be a Cousy finalist.

Admittedly I'm sometimes a little slow to comprehend. I've know since he was a freshman that Jamar was a very good player for this conference. The past two months of the season opened my eyes to the fact that he is a very good college basketball player at any level.

Today's TU article on Brown had some interesting info on Jamar. He says that if Brown did not re-sign, he was likely leaving to pursue a professional career presumably in Europe. I know I had read somewhere before that he is basically done with his under grad studies. Now he is "pretty sure" he is coming back.

Do we need to hold our breath for another press conference to be called?

My question is can his stock get any higher at this point? AE POY, Tournament MOP, great performance against UConn and now All-America HM. Obviously another year to develop his skills will make him a better player but that is not the trend these days

Today's TU article on Brown had some interesting info on Jamar.  He says that if Brown did not re-sign, he was likely leaving to pursue a professional career presumably in Europe.  I know I had read somewhere before that he is basically done with his under grad studies.  Now he is "pretty sure" he is coming back.

Do we need to hold our breath for another press conference to be called?

My question is can his stock get any higher at this point?  AE POY, Tournament MOP, great performance against UConn and now All-America HM.  Obviously another year to develop his skills will make him a better player but that is not the trend these days

13597[/snapback]

I think he stayes. No one leaves school early to play in Europe, if kids leave early they are going to the NBA.

Let's hope nobody his filling his head w/$$$$ signs.

Can his stock get any higher? Absolutely, and let's hope it does.

He could cut down on TO's (and he did this once off of the point) and be more consistent on his outside shot. Other than that, no not much to improve on his individual game.

Take this team to a 24+ win season and win the AE again. Win a tournament game would also help. No question though his name is now on a lot more radars than it was 1 month ago.

I've always thought he was an exceptional talent. Coach Browns toughest job over the next year is going to be finding a talent in the range of Jamar. The exposure the team has gotten will help, but UA was lucky to get Jamar Wilson.

This wasn't the first time that this was in print. There was an article in the winter that said he is on target to graduate in May and quotes his mother as saying he might leave to play in Europe.

I think the difference now is that he had tremendous national exposure vs. ODU, UVM and UConn. If he does graduate in May, maybe he can get a ballroom dancing class and focus on basketball next year. Not sure if the NBA will be an option, but he can play himself into a higher level of European ball worst case.