UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

"As the Siena World Turns"

It's always an awesome read when you read about Siena.

They are never wrong and everything is someone else's fault.

It's a living "Soap Opera" over there.

I'd like to know who the heck does the staff evaluations in Loudonville. Siena seems to do the wrong thing some of the time. Here's just a few items.......

Lanier?

McClinton?

MAAC/Siena exempt Tourney?

Last season's Hofstra incidents?

Osby?

Kojo?

Thank God we're not "Big Time" like Siena!!!!!

Our existence seems much simpler. We're just a growing DI program still in our infancy.

Siena is a program rich in tradition and history. The self proclaimed "Crown Jewel of the MAAC".

With all Siena's transient basketball players I wonder who runs Admissions when it comes to Men's Hoops.

According to the TU article today D'Argenio said he refuses to release Kojo Mensah.

D'Argenio also says Mensah would not be welcome to play for the basketball team.

If that's the case Siena is screwing with the kid.

When McCaffrey was hired he talked Kojo into staying. The kid gave it a shot and played real well. He didn't like it at Siena and he wants out. If you're not going to let him play why not let him go (conditionally or unconditionally). Especially if you don't have the "balls" or the facts to go after another DI program for tampering.

In my view (which I know is limited and worthless) Siena's decision is worse then Kojo's.

No matter what reading the upcoming editions of "As the Siena World Turns" should be enjoyable and enlightening.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how well Siena fans write fiction I have to wonder if it is a major at Siena or is it just a required course?

BTW here is the article from the TimesUnion this morning about Kojo,

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...sdate=6/27/2006

My personal favorite thing about the article is the double standard being held by the AD. According to the AD they are trying to look out for Kojo's intrest by not allowing him to transfer, because they think he is getting some bad advice; at the same time the AD says that Kojo wouldn't be welcomed back to play basketball this season...

According to the article there is also the threat to bring in the guns from hollywood which would be intresting to watch. I have to say that at this time of the year with all the coach's hitting the recruiting trail having negative attention brought to Siena over not allowing someone to transfer out would not help recruiting.

From the Siena/Haddox blog:

"I know I haven’t wrote for a while, but some things need to be addressed. First of all, I hate to see Kojo go. I wish him the best and I don’t agree with his decision, but he is his own person, but if you think at all that we are going to take a step backwards, you’re highly mistaken. We are gonna come out and win it all just like we were going to do when he was here. I am confident in who we have and this just means each of us have to step up a little bit more. We are still gonna take this thing, no doubt, and my biggest disappointment right now is that Kojo is not gonna be with us to enjoy the championship that we are gonna bring home. Keep the faith"

Do they teach English courses in Loudenville? Haddix has a blog?

Just a curiosity - if Siena doesn't release Kojo, does that mean that Duell gets screwed out of a scholarship for the 06-07 academic year? I thought it was funny when Osby "left" at the exact same time as a recruit was released from his LOI by Canisius, and therefore Duell didn't get a scholarship when one became available. I also thought it was funny that Duell left Vermont under the influence of some local people and got a release so he could enroll at Siena. Can you imagine what they'd be saying in Loudenville if Vermont pulled the same stunt with Duell that they're pulling with Kojo.

Just a curiosity - if Siena doesn't release Kojo, does that mean that Duell gets screwed out of a scholarship for the 06-07 academic year?  I thought it was funny when Osby "left" at the exact same time as a recruit was released from his LOI by Canisius, and therefore Duell didn't get a scholarship when one became available.  I also thought it was funny that Duell left Vermont under the influence of some local people and got a release so he could enroll at Siena.  Can you imagine what they'd be saying in Loudenville if Vermont pulled the same stunt with Duell that they're pulling with Kojo.

15159[/snapback]

Duell technically was never supposed to get a scholarship for this upcoming year. He was to get one for the 07-08 year, barring any openings with scholarships. I'd think it would be pretty funny if he was passed over twice with open scholarships. I'm sure Duell and his street agent, a short stocky man who you guys all remember from the TB era, won't be too happy if Kojo doesn't get a release. All the more reason to think it isn't Orstin and his shady dealings, but a shameless street agent from Vermont behind all this! ;)

Mattmo - that's why I said it's a "Soap Opera".

I also said it's amusing and a fun read.

You can't make stuff like this up

1. Kojo needing exposure for the NBA

2. A 70 year old "Street Agent" in the mix

3. A short fat guy from Vermont in the mix now

4. Kojo's a Lanier recruit so of course it's Lanier's fault too.

Tune in to further episodes of "As the Siena World Turns"

Of course Siena Tony says "stick it to Kojo" - but wasn't it the Siena faithful who were hoping that Fran could entice his "ROY" from his previous place of employment to come to Siena - that would have been fine.

this is fun to watch after all the years of hearing about Siena and their greatness. I would just like to point out a few facts that make me smile.

UA: Returning our three starters from last year.

Siena: Lost their two best players from last year.

UA: Has finished our recruiting for next year and its not even July

Siena: Has lost their best returning player, has not signed anyone yet, and will have to rely on a player that has been hurt the past two seasons.

UA: Is in a position to beat any team they face next season especially at home.

Siena: Will most likely be destroyed by St. Joe's, Stanford, AND WILL LOSE IN WHAT IS TYPICALLY A HARD FOUGHT GAME WITH UA the only blow out they will have is probably with NJIT if that.

Of course Siena Tony says "stick it to Kojo" - but wasn't it the Siena faithful who were hoping that Fran could entice his "ROY" from his previous place of employment to come to Siena - that would have been fine.

15161[/snapback]

And weren't those Siena fans who poured so much abuse on Albany for supposedly not allowing EJ Gallup to transfer to Siena?

I need a UA law ruling on this, is the "Siena Football" chant still a good one to use at the game in December?

15168[/snapback]

I would say it is so old...no...however, nice signage touting our rise compared to Siena...would be great...you know, something similar to DP's tag line.

I need a UA law ruling on this, is the "Siena Football" chant still a good one to use at the game in December?

15168[/snapback]

I would say it is so old...no...however, nice signage touting our rise compared to Siena...would be great...you know, something similar to DP's tag line.

15169[/snapback]

The Siena obsession is a) boring, and B) embarassing.

Edited by twballgame9

The Siena obsession is a) boring, and B) embarassing.

© Non of the above

Its not an obsession; making fun of Siena sports like any other team is harmless fun (just as long as you don't go crazy). Its not embarassing, lets face it Siena does the same thing to us. twbg9 it's just sports this sort of thing goes on all the time, nothing to get upset about; no one is going to be hurt by this current situation: Siena will have a basketball season; Kojo if he is smart will atleast get his degree before he trys to go pro, and I'm sure UA and Siena will continue to grow and do well. Hopefully both teams make it to the NCAA's in the same year.