UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown Update

I check his site every now and then this is an update from W.B.

07.31.06: The July recruiting period is officially over and it was one long month for the staff! Our focus this summer was the Class of 2008. We will have five scholarships available and will need a little bit of everything! We are very fortunate to be able to work on the 2008 class but it is very difficult to forecast how good alot of these kids are going to be by the time they get to college. They have not even entered the 11th grade. The question for us is going to be if the kids that we really like will end up being too good and go to a higher level. I guess that is a good problem to have!

Rumor has it season ticket sales are at an all time high for this time of year. I don't think any chairbacks are available. I am expecting a sell out for the season opener against a very good Bucknell team. Wish we could fast forward to October 14(1st day of practice).

We have five young men that are going to compete against international competition this August. Jamar Wilson will be traveling to France with a group called Athletes in Action. The team will compete against six club teams from France. He leaves August 9 for the training camp in Cincy, OH. Other members of the team will come from schools such as St. Louis, Illinois, Creighton, and Iowa. Jason Siggers, Brent Wilson, Mike Knight, and Carl Ross will be competing with an organization called Upstate Basketball and the team will be coached by Eric Eaton. Other committed players for this trip are Colby Karl of Boise State, Loren Stokes and Antoine Agudio of Hofstra. They will be heading to Brussels, Belgium on August 25. They will play six games against teams from Belgium, Holland, and Germany. Should be a great basketball and cultural experience.

My wife and I finally got around to purchasing our tickets today. We did get chairback seats although in row U. Wish we had got them when we planned on it. Last year we didnt have season tickets but only missed three games and could sit wherever we wanted. In fact I'va almost always been able to sit where we wanted. Usually behind the basket near the entrance.

Anyway the whole point is there are a "FEW" chairback seats left.

My wife and I finally got around to purchasing our tickets today.  We did get chairback seats although in row U.  Wish we had got them when we planned on it.  Last year we didnt have season tickets but only missed three games and could sit wherever we wanted.  In fact I'va almost always been able to sit where we wanted.  Usually behind the basket near the entrance.

Anyway the whole point is there are a "FEW" chairback seats left.

15563[/snapback]

I'm glad I bought my tickets when I did(first day they became available). I'm like in the third row back on the side opposite the benches. Plan to be there for many years!

Edited by bosiydid

so if all or most of the Chairbacks are sold out to season ticket holders, how many people is that? Also, it'd be great if we did sell out against Bucknell. That would be what, 4 consecutive sell-outs going into last season?

15573[/snapback]

Well, I think it is 27 rows times 13 seats times 2, equals chairbacks.

16 seats/row

15578[/snapback]

But only about 21 rows of chairbacks (A & B are benches), which would = 672, about what I remember.

Will was on Dan Murphy's show today. He just bought a new house (spend that raise!). Said they will play six games in China in ten days. The OOC is set, but he didn't mention any opponents we don't already know.

Football scholarship winner Chris Blais was also on. He will redshirt this year, needs to add 10+ pounds and more speed to play LB and safety next year. Fordham was another team interested in him. His brother plays at RPI.

Edited by UAalum72

I thought it was 14 seats per row

15582[/snapback]

My wife and I are in seats 15 and 16 (she asked for aisle seats).

15583[/snapback]

OK, I have had seat 2 since we went D1 and now I have seat 1. A friend who has been coming to about half the games in seat 1 or 3 finally got around to buying a season ticket this year.

Does anyone else enjoy reading the updates on Coach Brown’s website as much as I do? His last posting comes off as real personable and down to earth. I’m glad he’ll be our coach for at least a few more years. I wonder if he knows we (this site) exist out here in this little corner of the internet universe.

Does anyone else enjoy reading the updates on Coach Brown’s website as much as I do?  His last posting comes off as real personable and down to earth.  I’m glad he’ll be our coach for at least a few more years.  I wonder if he knows we (this site) exist out here in this little corner of the internet universe.

15631[/snapback]

I'm sure that coach knows we are here backing him and the program.

Many an insider do read the posts here.

I too also enjoy knowing what Coach is thinking about Basketball in general and can't wait until he gets back for his next post.

SSS!

• 2 weeks later...