UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Courtside and Chairbacks sold out

IDK if anyone ever goes on this link but according to the UA Online ticket office both Courtside and Chairback Season and Single Tickets are sold out. I'm not sure I ever remember this happening. And the best thing is its only September and the schedule has yet to come out.

2006-07 Men's and Women's Basketball

Season Tickets

Courtside $250 SOLD OUT

Chairback $150 SOLD OUT

Reserved $100

Reserved Child $50*

*Children 12 and under, includes Little Danes Club Membership

Gameday Tickets

Courtside $25 SOLD OUT

Chairback $10 SOLD OUT

Reserved $8

Reserved Child $1(Children 12 and Under)

UAlbany Student Tickets are Free with valid ID

IDK if anyone ever goes on this link but according to the UA Online ticket office both Courtside and Chairback Season and Single Tickets are sold out.  I'm not sure I ever remember this happening.  And the best thing is its only September and the schedule has yet to come out. 

Season Tickets

Courtside $250 SOLD OUT

Chairback $150 SOLD OUT

Reserved $100

Reserved Child $50*

Gameday Tickets

Courtside $25 SOLD OUT

Chairback $10 SOLD OUT

Reserved $8

16161[/snapback]

I have a hard time believing the woman have sold out, but more power.

So, that means we have 1400+ seats sold already (650 chairbacks on either side, plus about 75 courtside)? That is pretty damned good. Heck, if we can get 1000 students to the games, very doable BTW, and about 700-1000 walk up, also very doable, we should have a near filled barn each game....nice progress.

We SHOULD average 3800 a game....shooting for sellouts. If this team can jell quickly...and the rooks are as good as advertised, a BUCKNELL win would be HUGE for the school; THE Capital District residents are BASKETBALL SAVVY and know the significence of beating a Top 30-35 team like Bucknell.

A loss...would be similar to that of Fordham as far as spirit goes.

IDK if anyone ever goes on this link but according to the UA Online ticket office both Courtside and Chairback Season and Single Tickets are sold out.  I'm not sure I ever remember this happening.  And the best thing is its only September and the schedule has yet to come out. 

Season Tickets

Courtside $250 SOLD OUT

Chairback $150 SOLD OUT

Reserved $100

Reserved Child $50*

Gameday Tickets

Courtside $25 SOLD OUT

Chairback $10 SOLD OUT

Reserved $8

16161[/snapback]

So, that means we have 1400+ seats sold already (650 chairbacks on either side, plus about 75 courtside)? That is pretty damned good. Heck, if we can get 1000 students to the games, very doable BTW, and about 700-1000 walk up, also very doable, we should have a near filled barn each game....nice progress.

We SHOULD average 3800 a game....shooting for sellouts. If this team can jell quickly...and the rooks are as good as advertised, a BUCKNELL win would be HUGE for the school; THE Capital District residents are BASKETBALL SAVVY and know the significence of beating a Top 30-35 team like Bucknell.

16162[/snapback]

I am going to get my old seats back this year but will only be able to make a limited number of games. Most of the weekeday games are going to be out. I just can't get up there and back in time to be at work.

But every weekend and holiday game is fair game.

So if you need 2 for a weekday game. I'm your guy.

SSS

Season Tickets

Courtside $250 SOLD OUT

Chairback $150 SOLD OUT

Reserved $100

Reserved Child $50*

Gameday Tickets

Courtside $25 SOLD OUT

Chairback $10 SOLD OUT

Reserved $8

16161[/snapback]

16162[/snapback]

I am going to get my old seats back this year but will only be able to make a limited number of games. Most of the weekeday games are going to be out. I just can't get up there and back in time to be at work.

SSS

16163[/snapback]

Its nice that atleast most of the home games are on weekends

Saturday 11/11 Bucknell

Friday (if u consider a friday a weekend) 11/17 Delaware

Saturday 12/2 Siena (Close enough for a home game)

Saturday 12/9 Brown

Saturday 12/16 STBonnie

The VCU game is the only one on a real weekday. There really is a good chance to get decent attendence. We should be able to avg. 3k per game and we still have one month and 26 days till tip off

Edited by B9j2j6s

Season Tickets

Courtside $250 SOLD OUT

Chairback $150 SOLD OUT

Reserved $100

Reserved Child $50*

Gameday Tickets

Courtside $25 SOLD OUT

Chairback $10 SOLD OUT

Reserved $8

16161[/snapback]

16162[/snapback]

SSS

16163[/snapback]

Same boat here, either donating my seasons for games I cannot attend or giving them to my buddies aunt and uncle.

Pre-season sales packaged the mens and ladies games---result: both courtside and chairbacks are sold out. Can't wait for the season to start---the men have potential and hopefully the ladies will rebound from a down year. In the meantime, I hope Bob Ford has as much success as Washington in crossing the Delaware.

16162[/snapback]

The 1400 number is pretty good when you consider the story on the Siena preview last week said they had sold 2000 season tickets. Not too shabby in comparision. Hopefully when the schedule comes out we'll get a bump up in numbers as well.

Nah not to bad 1400, figure atleast some of the reserved seats must be sold so we probably are right next to Siena which is great considering the size of arena's. Siena may have the bigger facility but atleast ours will be filled for most games. Compare that to Siena which will be luck to fill half of the Pepsi I mean TU or whatever it is for most games, our game against Siena will probably be the largest as it was last year.

Edited by B9j2j6s

Nah not to bad 1400, figure atleast some of the reserved seats must be sold so we probably are right next to Siena which is great considering the size of arena's.  Siena may have the bigger facility but atleast ours will be filled for most games.  Compare that to Siena which will be luck to fill half of the Pepsi I mean TU or whatever it is for most games, our game against Siena will probably be the largest as it was last year.

16266[/snapback]

Yesterday I was with a local Albany kid who plays soccer at UNH. We were talking about hoops and this is an exact quote from him:

"WERE YOU AT THE AE CHAMPIONSHIP...it was crazy...I was watching on TV and said to my dad 'this is Albany?...it is nuts...I cant belive this is Albany.'"

Pretty cool thing to hear.

16162[/snapback]

The 1400 number is pretty good when you consider the story on the Siena preview last week said they had sold 2000 season tickets. Not too shabby in comparision. Hopefully when the schedule comes out we'll get a bump up in numbers as well.

16261[/snapback]

If all Siena has sold is 2,000 season tickets, I can't wait to see what the crowd looks like in that building for NJIT. Like I said last year I rather have a crowd of 4,000 in the RACC than 4,000 in the knick.

BTW, does anyone know what their season tickets were last year. Is our increase new basketball fans or taking some away from them. I would think most of our increase would be people that never had Loudonville tickets.

I don't know the numbers but I do work with some people who aren't alumni of either school who have "switched" from Siena to Albany. As good as a recruiting tool as the Pepsi is in some ways the price may change a few peoples minds as their tickets are quite a bit higher.

I agree that I hope more alumni get energized and become life-long fans rather than people switching back and forth to whatever team is hot at the moment.

Last years attendance avg out to 2,541 per game boosted by a couple of biggies.

I would hope we could draw a consistent 3,000 per game - more of course would be great.

But I do remember the days when you could count heads without an abacus and during a single Time Out.

I just got off the phone with the Ticket Office. Here is some information I heard this afternoon.

(1) As everyone knows, ticket sales are brisk. Almost all the chairback seats have been sold. Only single seats remain in that seating area. Non-chairback tickets are also selling.

(2) The basketball schedule should be released by the end of next week. The reason for the holdup is because of the league which is finalizing a TV contract. Again, most of us here are aware of this info.

(3) The TV contract has been held up not only by the Big East schedule, which we have already heard has now been finalized, but by other leagues who have a higher priority than the AE.

(4) UAlbany should get "5 or 6" televised games through this contract this season.

(5) A new company has been hired by UAlbany to operate the athletic website. We've already heard this info. It may take a year or two to set up, but the company will provide "streaming" for people who log on. We will be able to see and hear games in progress. I'm assuming this enhancement relates only to home games.

Hopefully, this information will clarify some of the issues.

Olddog,

Good info, thanks. It shouldn’t take a year or two to get a website going; if it does then it probably were not because of technical limitations but more along the lines of red tape. But it’s nice to see there is a new company that will be taking over, as I find the current site leaves allot to be desired.

I just got off the phone with the Ticket Office. Here is some information I heard this afternoon.

(1) As everyone knows, ticket sales are brisk. Almost all the chairback seats have been sold. Only single seats remain in that seating area. Non-chairback tickets are also selling.

(2) The basketball schedule should be released by the end of next week. The reason for the holdup is because of the league which is finalizing a TV contract. Again, most of us here are aware of this info.

(3) The TV contract has been held up not only by the Big East schedule, which we have already heard has now been finalized, but by other leagues who have a higher priority than the AE.

(4) UAlbany should get "5 or 6" televised games through this contract this season.

(5) A new company has been hired by UAlbany to operate the athletic website. We've already heard this info. It may take a year or two to set up, but the company will provide "streaming" for people who log on. We will be able to see and hear games in progress. I'm assuming this enhancement relates only to home games.

Hopefully, this information will clarify some of the issues.

16323[/snapback]

olddog thank you for the info. I'm glad to here Tickets are selling fast I'm sure we can all speculate on the numbers but the RACC is probably half sold out by now. After the schedule comes out and November roles around I would suspect we would have a great number of tickets sold maybe close to 3k.

Now as for televised games I'm assuming the 5 or 6 games would be on ESPN, MSG, FoxSports etc. Do you know if TW3 will be airing any games?