UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Vermont Board

Just went and did some reading on the Vermont board (UA vs. UVM thread) . Wow....I'm kind of shocked how they have very very little respect for us and coach Brown. I'm not saying they need to be kissing our feet but they hate us, coach Brown etc. Not to mention totally handing themselves a league title already and saying how great they and all of their players are. WOW....I hope we kick their ass in a couple of weeks. I am now very pumped for the game against them and will cheer for them to lose every game from here on out. In my mind I hate them and Bingo the most, and wish nothing but losses for them.

Just went and did some reading on the Vermont board (UA vs. UVM thread) . Wow....I'm kind of shocked how they have very very little respect for us and coach Brown. I'm not saying they need to be kissing our feet but they hate us, coach Brown etc. Not to mention totally handing themselves a league title already and saying how great they and all of their players are. WOW....I hope we kick their ass in a couple of weeks. I am now very pumped for the game against them and will cheer for them to lose every game from here on out. In my mind I hate them and Bingo the most, and wish nothing but losses for them.

do you have a link to this Vermont board. I would like to pay them a visit........UVM faithful have always had a certain arrogance be it in Basketball or Hockey........probably stems from the fact they are so isolated up there and are cut off from the rest of the world

do you have a link to this Vermont board. I would like to pay them a visit........UVM faithful have always had a certain arrogance be it in Basketball or Hockey........probably stems from the fact they are so isolated up there and are cut off from the rest of the world

where is UVM again?

Kind of surprising because the Vermont fans at the game were pretty decent. They actually weren't that thrilled with Lonergan which surprised me considering the sucess he's had there.

There are probably a certain percentage of Vermont fans that are always going to dislike Coach Brown because of his "actor comments" a few years about Copenrath. They probably should let that go but it makes for a fun rivalry. I thought the crowd at UVM was fun but I didn't consider it particurally hostile.

Is there anyway to get that material to the team or to the Times Union? It'd be great bulletin board material!

As far as Bingo vs. Vermont, I think I dislike Vermont (and Boston University for that matter) much more than Bingo. Bingo is at least another S.U.N.Y. school, so I can cheer for another member of our state educational system [Except for #5 Neto of Stonybrook (the guy who screamed at Jamar Wilson after blocking his shot in the Stonybrook at UA game earlier this year --- and got a technical foul for doing it].

We have yet to beat Vermont in their gym, and I think we've only beaten BU once at their place!

Kind of surprising because the Vermont fans at the game were pretty decent. They actually weren't that thrilled with Lonergan which surprised me considering the sucess he's had there.

There are probably a certain percentage of Vermont fans that are always going to dislike Coach Brown because of his "actor comments" a few years about Copenrath. They probably should let that go but it makes for a fun rivalry. I thought the crowd at UVM was fun but I didn't consider it particurally hostile.

The fans at the game were absolutely great. However, the Board Fans are a bit nuts...and always have been.

The fans at the game were absolutely great. However, the Board Fans are a bit nuts...and always have been.

you know they asked if I was

you know they asked if I was

Just read the board....that is some comical...and ASSININE stuff.

I am completely shocked. Too be frank, I dont think many of them are long time Cat fans. Most Cat fans like Brennan as a personality but put zero stock in his coaching. These fans applaud Brennan. Funny stuff.

Just to let you know, the guy who runs the board, Preston, knows nothing about the league in general. Some of you on the AE board might know him as "GoCats2001". He is a good guy, he just doesn't want to give respect to the rest of the teams in the league and easily gets riled up about silly stuff. Definition of "extreme homerism". Now, as a Vermont guy, I didn't really like what Brown had to say, I felt like he should have just been over the scheduling thing, and it seemed whiney to me. But I don't want to beat a dead horse issue. I've got a ton of respect for the guy as a coach, because he is a very good one. A lot of them still like to think we've always been good and want to treat you guys as a nemisis as someone to rag on. I think now, since both teams are good and at the top of the league, that can be true, but our rival through the TC and TJ era was BU, and I still consider them more of a rival right now because of the great games between 2003-2005 squads, moreso than I would Albany.

We are all guilty of getting carried away on message boards, and when it is on a board that is exclusive to one team, stuff like that can be said.

Also, most Vermont fans at games are nice, but they have a lot of problems in my book. One, they hardly ever cheer loud. They only cheer if the team really starts to get going, it isnt a place where the fans are going to will the team into a rally, which it definately could be like only a few years ago when students showed up. Also, all the people who dislike Lonergan are the old folk who have been sitting in those seats forever and still want to hold onto the feel good aww shucks Tom Brennan-like coaching. They get on Lonergan for being a COACH, something TB never did. They also get mad at him subbing a lot...but when in fact most people can admit, the subbing of fresh bodies in the Albany game is what won us the game. There are some that sit behind the media row who yell and boo at coach sometimes when they think he is doing something bad, when he really isn't...he is just telling Trimboli or Cieplicki not to be stupid, which they can do sometimes.

I'd just say not to let it bother you guys. The results happen on the court, not the message board. Hopefully both of our teams are at the top of the conference when we meet again. I know UVM is sponsoring a bus down to the game...should be fun. But, I'm just playing it one game at a time. I just want to beat Hartford on Thursday.

Just to let you know, the guy who runs the board, Preston, knows nothing about the league in general. Some of you on the AE board might know him as "GoCats2001". He is a good guy, he just doesn't want to give respect to the rest of the teams in the league and easily gets riled up about silly stuff. Definition of "extreme homerism". Now, as a Vermont guy, I didn't really like what Brown had to say, I felt like he should have just been over the scheduling thing, and it seemed whiney to me. But I don't want to beat a dead horse issue. I've got a ton of respect for the guy as a coach, because he is a very good one. A lot of them still like to think we've always been good and want to treat you guys as a nemisis as someone to rag on. I think now, since both teams are good and at the top of the league, that can be true, but our rival through the TC and TJ era was BU, and I still consider them more of a rival right now because of the great games between 2003-2005 squads, moreso than I would Albany.

We are all guilty of getting carried away on message boards, and when it is on a board that is exclusive to one team, stuff like that can be said.

Also, most Vermont fans at games are nice, but they have a lot of problems in my book. One, they hardly ever cheer loud. They only cheer if the team really starts to get going, it isnt a place where the fans are going to will the team into a rally, which it definately could be like only a few years ago when students showed up. Also, all the people who dislike Lonergan are the old folk who have been sitting in those seats forever and still want to hold onto the feel good aww shucks Tom Brennan-like coaching. They get on Lonergan for being a COACH, something TB never did. They also get mad at him subbing a lot...but when in fact most people can admit, the subbing of fresh bodies in the Albany game is what won us the game. There are some that sit behind the media row who yell and boo at coach sometimes when they think he is doing something bad, when he really isn't...he is just telling Trimboli or Cieplicki not to be stupid, which they can do sometimes.

I'd just say not to let it bother you guys. The results happen on the court, not the message board. Hopefully both of our teams are at the top of the conference when we meet again. I know UVM is sponsoring a bus down to the game...should be fun. But, I'm just playing it one game at a time. I just want to beat Hartford on Thursday.

Well said Mattmo.

Funny, I was with a Gator fan at the UA-UVM game. We were with his sister (also a Gator alum) and another and we got to the game late and sat in the GA VT section. Not to have the board spew venom, hence I failed to post on it, all of us were shocked at the lack of noise in Patrick.

I kid you not, a half-full RACC is louder than Patrick was except for those huge runs (and the Jamar miss). We expected the rafters to literally shake...and they did not. My buddy has been to games at the RACC and he agree. I liken the UVM crowd to Siena. The young fans are starting to get into it, but you guys need the older ones to slowly give way to the youngsters. BC had a similar problem.

Is there anyway to get that material to the team or to the Times Union?

I'm pretty sure that this board is monitored by the Times Union for content.

There has been more than one occasion where someone will post a breaking story on here and you find it the very next day in the TU.

:rolleyes:

Well said Mattmo.

Funny, I was with a Gator fan at the UA-UVM game. We were with his sister (also a Gator alum) and another and we got to the game late and sat in the GA VT section. Not to have the board spew venom, hence I failed to post on it, all of us were shocked at the lack of noise in Patrick.

I kid you not, a half-full RACC is louder than Patrick was except for those huge runs (and the Jamar miss). We expected the rafters to literally shake...and they did not. My buddy has been to games at the RACC and he agree. I liken the UVM crowd to Siena. The young fans are starting to get into it, but you guys need the older ones to slowly give way to the youngsters. BC had a similar problem.

You have no idea...the first game back for students on break was Maine, and suprisingly, a lot of students showed up. Unfortunately they all acted like they were 60 too. they couldnt even muster up a DEFENSE chant. Most of them have NO IDEA what to do. It won't suprise me if about half the number that was there shows up for the next home game, because we lost (students only go when we win btw...example, last years' hockey team faltered down the stretch after a hot start, and less students went. They still sold the games out, we've sold out 52 in a row, but that is because the general public grabs up the student tickets that arent given out). Also, they only give the students that one lousy small section in Patrick. For those at the game, it was the small section to your left if you sat in the section Albany fans sat in behind the Albany bench. Its hard, because I'd go to the games and sit there and yell my ass off (like I did at the tourney last year) every game, but since I am being paid to be at the games now, its hard to turn down money, especially when the TV guys are in town and give me some extra cash to relay some stats to them, and I need all the money I can get...I am a poor college student after all. I'm in a deliemma about it, because I really think we need to establish the student section again, but I also want to get the work expirience I get working with the athletics department, because that job is a hell of a lot of fun too.

I'm going to echo what Mattmo and Dane96 have to say about the Catamount message board. I don't go there often, but last year I had the chance to contribute a couple times.

Some of the stuff posted there on Albany is pretty ridiculous stuff.

Last year when I saw stupid comments, I posted a reply. Preston handled it all pretty well. At first, he was a little obnoxious, but then when he saw I wouldn't back down and had something sensible to post, then he turned around and became a real gentleman about the issue. He stood up for Vermont when necessary, but he also gave me my space.

Hopefully, UAlbany will pay UVM back the second game of the season. Then we'll see the other side and see what kind of fans really post on the Catamount board.

Archived