UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

umbc-vermont

Wait a minute....you are advocating that we replace Will Brown because he hasn't won at Patrick? WOW......I thought your other post was stupid this is beyond stupid.

Forgive me for having a bad feeling about all of this, but after seeing the bad ref job the last time we faced UVM I fear the worst.

Winning at Patrick and consistently beating $iena are two key things that the Danes should do. Sadly, they've rarely delivered on either, and it saddens me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait a minute....you are advocating that we replace Will Brown because he hasn't won at Patrick? WOW......I thought your other post was stupid this is beyond stupid.

Forgive me for having a bad feeling about all of this, but after seeing the bad ref job the last time we faced UVM I fear the worst.

Winning at Patrick and consistently beating $iena are two key things that the Danes should do. Sadly, they've rarely delivered on either, and it saddens me.

What the F are you babbling on about.

Be nervous...but come on with the hire a coach stuff.

You sound like a buffoon!

Wow, i seriously thought this person was joking at first... We just capped off our best regular season, AFTER a championship season and advanced to the championship game in a much tougher confrence and you're actually arguing that having Will Brown as a coach is detrimental to the team? The ONLY thing the Danes should consistently do is compete hard for a championship each season and that is what they're doing. I'd trade 1,000 consecutive losses in the regular season to Siena and Vermont (and maybe even Binghamton) if we consistantly got into the championship. Our chance is NOW. In the CHAMPIONSHIP. Dwelling on two or three losses in the regular season when we have a chance to win the championship is rediculous. Get a clue, Fredo.

Wow, i seriously thought this person was joking at first... We just capped off our best regular season, AFTER a championship season and advanced to the championship game in a much tougher confrence and you're actually arguing that having Will Brown as a coach is detrimental to the team?

Being in the championship seems very hollow for two reasons.

1: We didn't get the regular season crown which we did last year with a worse record.

2: Because UVM took total advantage of us foul wise in that one game, we're being marched to our possible doom at a place where we have never, EVER, won against a team whose fans see us as a joke and the scum of the conference.

The ONLY thing the Danes should consistently do is compete hard for a championship each season and that is what they're doing. I'd trade 1,000 consecutive losses in the regular season to Siena and Vermont (and maybe even Binghamton) if we consistantly got into the championship.
But those wins against Vermont could the difference between potential hell at Patrick and what could be a possible cake walk at the SEFCU. I'd rather sweep UVM and take losses to, say, UMBC or UNH in-conference than be swept by UVM because UMBC/UNH are non-factors.

As for Siena, it's local respect and not much else. We need all the local respect we need given how Siena, like UVM, probably wishes we never existed.

Our chance is NOW. In the CHAMPIONSHIP. Dwelling on two or three losses in the regular season when we have a chance to win the championship is rediculous.

But when one of those losses could have pushed the pendulum in our direction, it matters a lot more than you think it could be. That loss still stings since if we could have had UVM's foul luck and have put Holm in a world of hurt, we'd have the upper hand.

Wow scrabble way to see the glass half empty, man we are having a better season then we did last year and we are in the championship game. How about a half full look at the situation going into Burlington allows the team a chance to finally get the monkey off their backs and win in Vermont. WHY NOT TODAY (Saturday)

. . . Because a UMBC upset was our LAST real chance. Consider that UVM's fans will make it a living hell added to the fact that Will Brown cannot win at Patrick if his life depended on it, so it seems. I was at our home game against UVM and they'll do the same stuff in which we could commit 10 fouls and never make it to the line but Holm coughing will get the bonus arrow lit.

We need to hire a coach who will win at Patrick. As good of a coach as Brown has been, I don't have faith in him at Patrick, sadly.

I used to think that we would never beat BUMA, and a victory over there was certainly out of the question. We had lost 8 in a row to them.

Until last year we had never had a winning record at the Division I level.

I was very afraid of the UNH game in the tournament last year because UNH had swept us during the regular season.

Last game last season I thought we had absolutely no chance at all against UConn.

Every year our team -- and coach -- keeps getting rid of one monkey after another off our back. I see your point because I have doubts, too, but have faith.

Wow scrabble way to see the glass half empty, man we are having a better season then we did last year and we are in the championship game.

We're having a better season minus one screwup: letting UVM beat us at home, in turn costing us the regular season crown, home court on Saturday, and a definite trip to the postseason. Yes, our RPI and record is better, but look at the price it cost us. A higher RPI doesn't get home court and even with a better RPI and record we don't have a definite trip to the postseason.

I'd trade a couple wins and some RPI if it meant a win over UVM, the #1 seed, and home court. Why would most people here not want all of that?

Wow scrabble way to see the glass half empty, man we are having a better season then we did last year and we are in the championship game.

We're having a better season minus one screwup: letting UVM beat us at home, in turn costing us the regular season crown, home court on Saturday, and a definite trip to the postseason. Yes, our RPI and record is better, but look at the price it cost us. A higher RPI doesn't get home court and even with a better RPI and record we don't have a definite trip to the postseason.

I'd trade a couple wins and some RPI if it meant a win over UVM, the #1 seed, and home court. Why would most people here not want all of that?

Scrabbleship

You are out of your mind.

You don't get to say after the regular season is over I rather had lost this game instead of that game.

Every team in the country has lost at least one game they felt they should have won. You do the best you can and continue to try to make the NCAA. Last time I checked the team would have preferred a home game, but they the world doesn't end because they don't have one. They still are going to give it their all to win on Saturday.

I'll be there. Will you?

Every team in the country has lost at least one game they felt they should have won. You do the best you can and continue to try to make the NCAA.

What part of WE CAN'T WIN AT PATRICK do people here NOT understand? If we haven't been able to win there in the regular season, what makes you think we can under EXTREME pressure? We had more of a chance against UConn at the dance than we have this Saturday, or so it seems.

I'll be there. Will you?

Get me a spot in the student ticket line and a way to get there and I hope to be. I also hope to be there cursing out UVM fans since this goes beyond maple syrup. This is now war. If we lose, my faith in Brown will go down and my hatred of Lonergan will rise. We need someone who will outcoach him and put him in a world of hurt.

I propose scrabbleship not be allowed to buy a ticket, have his cable cut, and be required to enjoy our victory by listening to Rodger and partner on 980 radio.

NO NEGATIVE VIBES!!!

He should have become a Red Sox fan. We know how to endure a short drought and a$$hole opposing fans. Everything comes around eventually. Soon, the Cubs!

Archived