UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tripani Leaving UVM

I had thought the conference could take a step forward next year RPI-wise. That takes a bit of a shot to that with Tripiani gone although UVM played pretty well after he got hurt.

I tried to catch most of the UVM games that I could on America East TV throughout the season, and it seemed like UVM, much like you mentioned, didn't miss a beat with Trapani out. Losing J.T., Holm, and Klimes it a tough blow, but they have quality kids to step in and fill the void, much like us despite losing our backcourt. I hope for Trapani that everything is okay for him in his personal life. It's gotta be hard for a kid that age to have to walk away like that. I assume he'll transfer to another school and play somewhere else when his personal circustances allow him to do so.

On UVM, that kid Blakely (sp?) looks more and more impressive with every game. I would expect to see him as a starter this year, along with their returning backcourt.

Regarding the overall Conference RPI next year, I would be very happy if two teams from the America East Conference made the top 100 again (UA and UVM). I'm not sure this will happen. I guess it will depend on how both UA and UVM rebound (by rebound, I mean bounce back from graduating players this year, not actual rebounding during the games, though we all know rebounding is crucially important! :) ). I'm not sure whether any of the other schools are really top 100 RPI teams or not ... . I still like Boston University and Binghamton as contenders. Not really sold on UMBC yet. I don't know what happened to them when they played us at the SEFCU this year (down by 32 points at one time in the first half), but I'm willing to look past that game and give them a strong second look based on their gritty performance against UVM out in Boston.

I heard Trapani is leaving because he had problems with Trimboli…he’s a cry baby.

I know I know... inappropriate comments about a 20 year-old kid but this was passed to me in an email and it made me laugh out loud.

I heard Trapani is leaving because he had problems with Trimboli…he’s a cry baby.

I know I know... inappropriate comments about a 20 year-old kid but this was passed to me in an email and it made me laugh out loud.

Why? Cause their last names sound familiar.

See this is how you get in trouble...it's Trimboli who's the cry baby (a la championship games 06 and 07) I knew I shouldn't have posted this :(

Wow this definitly shakes things up in the AE, UVM still has a stud in Trimboli however the loss of Holms, Klimes, and Trapani definitly opens some major holes in the front court, and Trapani was such a versitile player bad day for UVM and the AE.

Archived