UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Great Site.

ATL_DANE

Does anyone know who runs this blog? Is this a university operated site? The content is exactly what I want to hear.

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

Quotes:

One of the goals of the athletic department is for the football program to move to division IA. With the luxury and convenience of having a new football stadium, the football program can attract top players in the nation. The University football program uses University field for home games.

Project 2010

1.Stadium: 14,000 Seats, 24,000 seating capacity

2.Track: 3500 seats, for soccer, field events, and practice

3.Synthetic turf fields: 2500 seats, for Lacrosse, field hockey

4.Tennis courts

5.Student Recreational Facility: Multi Purpose

6.Multi Use practice fields

7.Turf field / Stadium: 2500 seats, for soccer

8.Outdoor Practice Field: for football, soccer, and lacrosse

9.Baseball Field: 2500 seats

10.UAlbany Bowl

10.Cross Country Trails

11.Physical Education Bldg

12.SEFCU Arena: for basketball

ATL,

This is a GREAT site. I don't know who runs it but it's fantastic. I'm looking at the recruit info right now, and even though I've seen much of whats on there (quotes from coach Brown) It's nice to look at a picture and see what these guys look like. I don't know how this person found this info.

WOW---UA needs to get that person to design their websites!!! Does anyone feel like me that the the new athletic website isn't a significant improvement over the old one and possibly not as good. Maybe when we begin the Fall season things will change and the new site will begin to show some improvement.

Oldtimer you're absolutely correct......

WOW---UA needs to get that person to design their websites!!! Does anyone feel like me that the the new athletic website isn't a significant improvement over the old one and possibly not as good.

The new site still doesn't have stats for Men's and Women's Hoop or Football. It does have Baseball stats and I haven't check all the other sports.

We want IA Football and we can't even post stats?????

Looks very amateurish when recruits and their parents or contacts are trying to check out the school.

This new site (by whoever) presents UA better than any of the official sites.

UA has made tremendous strides athletically but we seem to lag behind in many other areas, As Andre Agassi said "Image is everything" - UA hurts its image with such simplistic oversights. It makes us appear to be a very Low DI program rather then the solid Mid Major Athletic Program that we are.

Oldtimer you're absolutely correct......

WOW---UA needs to get that person to design their websites!!! Does anyone feel like me that the the new athletic website isn't a significant improvement over the old one and possibly not as good.

The new site still doesn't have stats for Men's and Women's Hoop or Football. It does have Baseball stats and I haven't check all the other sports.

We want IA Football and we can't even post stats?????

Looks very amateurish when recruits and their parents or contacts are trying to check out the school.

This new site (by whoever) presents UA better than any of the official sites.

UA has made tremendous strides athletically but we seem to lag behind in many other areas, As Andre Agassi said "Image is everything" - UA hurts its image with such simplistic oversights. It makes us appear to be a very Low DI program rather then the solid Mid Major Athletic Program that we are.

Couldn't have said it better myself. How about getting some player pics up there in the profiles and even worse...how about updating the football bios? They still haven't added last season's stats for most of them. Come on guys get it together. And I said before and I'll say it again. The new site better not have taken money away from the stadium because it certainly leaves a lot to desire. Hopefully the webmasters are on vacation or something.

Couldn't have said it better myself. How about getting some player pics up there in the profiles and even worse...how about updating the football bios? They still haven't added last season's stats for most of them. Come on guys get it together. And I said before and I'll say it again. The new site better not have taken money away from the stadium because it certainly leaves a lot to desire. Hopefully the webmasters are on vacation or something.

..and while you're at it, get some better merchandise in the online store. Terrible selection!

I agree with Patch, ever since I started following UA Athletics this has been a problem. The aesthetic appearance of the site has improved but the information forthcoming is like a slow painful drip. It literally looks like someone works VERY PART TIME an hour a week on it. How hard is it to post rosters, or stats? The information dept. IMO is doing a sub par job in keeping up with the success of the program overall. Let's go already!

I agree with Patch, ever since I started following UA Athletics this has been a problem. The aesthetic appearance of the site has improved but the information forthcoming is like a slow painful drip. It literally looks like someone works VERY PART TIME an hour a week on it. How hard is it to post rosters, or stats? The information dept. IMO is doing a sub par job in keeping up with the success of the program overall. Let's go already!

I agree with all. I am not to fond of the new site...and quite frankly, there are things we are missing. That being said...I think IT IS AN IMPROVEMENT from the old site...but not by a far leap.

Now, as for who put that site together (the BLOG)...it is someone close to Albany internally. Has to be.

Archived