UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNH game thread

I had hoped this team would have an idenity by this point in the season but it still lacks one. I still think this team is better than it's playing (I hope I'm not saying that in March.)

I hate to say this, but I doubt it. Either this is a very hard luck team or this is a lost year, good teams don't lose 6 of 7 and let problems linger...something HAS to happen and SOON!!!

There is something broken and it HAS to be fixed. If we lose in Vermont, it's time to start analyzing how Will might be making poor coaching decisions and blowing games and that worries me.

the poor coaching decision would be not playing ambrose. the team is the same defensively with or without him. he is i think the best rebounder. he can out rebound people about 8 inches taller than him

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there was a video feed - i listened to the game on the radio via the website. As for this team, they need to figure it out soon. I don't think Will is making bad coaching decisions. I do think that this team is lacking an identity and character. Everyone's role has COMPLETELY changed from last year. Our best defender/hustle guy is now asked to be the top scorer and take a major role. I think in the end we will be fine, partially because the league as a whole has taken a turn for the worst. However, the conference tourney (pretty much what matters the most) is WIDE-OPEN. Any team can lose on a given night and I wouldn't have said the same the last 2 years.

I might not be happy, but I have a hard time really questioning Will. The man has a long track record here of pushing the right buttons. I don't think he all of a sudden forgot how to coach. There must be reasons he doesn't give him more burn. The team is simply not executing!

I don't think there was a video feed - i listened to the game on the radio via the website. As for this team, they need to figure it out soon. I don't think Will is making bad coaching decisions. I do think that this team is lacking an identity and character. Everyone's role has COMPLETELY changed from last year. Our best defender/hustle guy is now asked to be the top scorer and take a major role. I think in the end we will be fine, partially because the league as a whole has taken a turn for the worst. However, the conference tourney (pretty much what matters the most) is WIDE-OPEN. Any team can lose on a given night and I wouldn't have said the same the last 2 years.

I dont see how this league is wide open. UMBC looks like the real deal and Vermont has the leagues 2 leading scorers respectively. To me those teams look like the teams too beat

The league is wide open because UMBC is not deep and they haven't done much these past couple of years. Hopefully I don't bite my words, but Vermont hasn't done anything in the last 2 conference championship games - playing with better teams as well. They've choked. Sure, this year could be different. However, we are the 2 time defending champs. Until someone takes that title from us, it's wide open.

the poor coaching decision would be not playing ambrose. the team is the same defensively with or without him. he is i think the best rebounder. he can out rebound people about 8 inches taller than him

I disagree. I don't think the issue is playing or not playing one player. In the 10 games I have attended, I have seen glimpses of greatness from Tim Ambrose and athletic talent, but I have also seen missed defense assignments, not knowing which way to switch on defense, screens or whatever.

We all knew that there would be some difficulty as players had to take on different roles this season and sure the first 13 games have some disappointments, but I am not ready to get down on the players or coaches.

I am sure all the players and coaches are working on getting better and hopefully we will see improvement sooner rather than later.

To bench Ambrose is the worst thing to do here. Keep playing him. They freshman and sophomores can only get better, right? They need the experience. From what I've read and learned, Ambrose has had a tough time offensively learning all the sets, he needs game minutes! Do NOT bench Ambrose, that'd be just a terrible move.

To bench Ambrose is the worst thing to do here. Keep playing him. They freshman and sophomores can only get better, right? They need the experience. From what I've read and learned, Ambrose has had a tough time offensively learning all the sets, he needs game minutes! Do NOT bench Ambrose, that'd be just a terrible move.

BRING BACK CARL ROSS!!!

In your astute coaching experience? Learning your sets is not done during games. It is done in practice and it is done back in your dorm room by studying your sets. This isn't high school-- And believe me, at my high school, if you didnt know your sets...you didnt play.

It is what it is this year. The team is underperforming and they will or will not figure it out.

It is pretty simple!

In your astute coaching experience? Learning your sets is not done during games. It is done in practice and it is done back in your dorm room by studying your sets. This isn't high school-- And believe me, at my high school, if you didnt know your sets...you didnt play.

It is what it is this year. The team is underperforming and they will or will not figure it out.

It is pretty simple!

Learning 60+ sets isn't that easy there buddy. This isn't the 20 plays we ran in high school. And no one on the team at my school even runs them efficently.

Look, its not even the sets. It's just the fact he has talent and the guy needs to play. Rotting on the bench does nothing for him. Show me a guy who can replace him and succeed, and I'll agree sitting him more. But for now, there is no way you give him the hook.

They should have played Carl Ross a lot more last season. Granted, it worked out in the end because he owned the guard from UVM, I think his name was Trimboli, but not positive.

Archived