UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Turley leaving

Yes, it answers the question but X$%#!--I really liked Turley and thought he had a good future here. But if the guy's homesick and longing for football, then good luck Big Al.

Wondering if the departure of the previous players was a motivating factor...now can we just have no more announcements about guys coming/going this year??? :rolleyes: Can I get an "Amen"?

S$

Yes, it answers the question but X$%#!--I really liked Turley and thought he had a good future here. But if the guy's homesick and longing for football, then good luck Big Al.

Wondering if the departure of the previous players was a motivating factor...now can we just have no more announcements about guys coming/going this year??? :rolleyes: Can I get an "Amen"?

S$

I also really liked Al, but I can certainly understand someone from Texas being home sick in Albany. They are 2 very different places.

Best of luck Al.

It also will be interesting to see how much the fans of the school that is obsessed with UA discuss this tonight as opposed to what happened in their game today. :rolleyes:

It sucks to see any of the players go but I cannot say that the Turley loss was a huge surprise.

If you assume that all the palyers tha haven't played in a game stay (first years, redshirts, transfers):

1.) Harris

2.) McRae

3.) Barraza

4.) Johnson

5.) Lindfors

6.) Aronhalt

7.) Raffa

8.) Allen

Then you add in the two seniors (one the top returning scorer & the other a team captain):

9.) Connelly

10.) Covington

It leaves you with four potential possibilities:

11.) Turley

12.) Hastings

13.) Gifford

14.) Ambrose

Hastings is a senior, Timmy has a world of talent, Gifford has an advantage of being the only one left from his class.

I wish Turley the best with his future endeavors and hopefully this is the end of the changes for a while.

It should be an exciting season.

I'm with you Mike. I thought Turley had a pretty good shot at being the starting center at Villanova in a couple of months. I'm sorry to see him go. I'd feel better if he stayed in Albany to try and play football but understand wanting to go home.

Archived