UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A couple of tidbits:

1. Hofstra starting QB (Bryan Savage) is done for the year. His backup didn't look so great against UConn and now they have a true-frosh as next in line.

2. We should beat Hofstra and hopefully we beat them by a lot.

Anyone planning on going? I am for sure.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danefan, I am absolutly going to Hofstra. We need to put some faces to names. If there is a tailgate great, if not I will do one. Bringing some guys from work. I have a friend who played LB at Florida and is anxious to witness first hand what I have been running my mouth about for three years with him. I have several converted fans from my office that actually are alumni/players from Miami, FL, Florida, and a former player from Delaware that actually look for Albany scores on ESPN...LOLOLOL. For obvious reasons I cant bring them to a home game even though they are ready for wings at The Pub.

Depending on the weather (extended forecast for scattered thunderstorms, whatever that's worth), where would the tailgating be? Only time I was there (4 years ago?) I got there a little late and parking was scattered all over.

Weather forecast is barely worth it a day ahead of time.

I would like to be there, but I am going to miss this game to go to the dome to see Penn State put a whopping on the 'cuse. I am 50/50 for UNH(may go to Michigan to support our spikers) and I will be at Delaware.

Brendon,

I plan on going. I am trying to convince my step-dad to go, being he is a Hofstra alumnus. If he doesn't go, me you and nicole should go together and do something. Along with anyone else who wants in.

I will have my usual crew of degenerates for the Hofstra game.

We are coming in at about 12 deep with spouses and significant others.

Is there a tailgate of some variety going on?

Flush Hard!

It's a long way to Hempstead (well not really for me)

jon...i would say lets get something together. I live around the block from brendon (aka B9j2j6s), and I would love to get something together with a few people. IM me or him, I am trying to get in touch with him.

so me and B9j2j6s are going to be going on sat and should be there by 4. not sure were we are going to park. but we going to enjoy some drinks and some burgers in the lot. i think we are going to try and find a place near UA fans if we see any. Where does everyone plan on sitting? We are going to order our tickets, but we want to sit with UA people. We weren't sure because we didn't know if people are sitting in reserved or general admission seats.

OK, so I'll be at the game around 5pm. I have no clue where to tailgate or what the deal is.

It doesn't appear the University is doing any sort of official tailgate so I'm guessing we should just wing it. BYO everything and I'll post something here when I find out where to do it.

If anyone has any suggestions please post them here.

OK, here's what I'm thinking. The main tailgating happens in the end zone lot. There is usually some ancillary tailgating that happens behind the visitors section. See below image.

I am proposing to just go where everyone else tailgates (both Hofstra and visitors usually - according to Hofstra fans on CAAZone and AGS).

We'll just mingle amongst everyone sort of like what happens in the RACC parking lot.

If there is too much going on in the main lot, then I guess we'll just move it to the lot behind the visitors section. Modell's is sponsoring a pre-game thing but the Hofstra fans don't seem to think they'll be a huge turnout for the game.

I'm planning on getting there at or before 5pm. I drive a silver Land Rover with Jersey plates and I'll have some sort of Albany apparel on.

Here's a map for reference:

b_101052.jpg

myself and b9 are going to be there around 4 pm. We have a grill and a few cold ones. I don't have internet access on my phone, so i couldn't post were i will be at. All we need to nail down is our tickets, and b9 is working on that. Now that I see the area, that i what I am aiming for. if you want to come chill with us, by all means...more info to follow

Would someone put this game into perspective for me?

When has UA gone up against a program like Hofstra where dare I say UA is the favorite?

This to me this appears to be an oportunity to take another step forward for the program. My expectations may be skewed (I don't follow FB nearly as closely as BB) but I would be disappointed with a loss. More of an opportunity missed than anything else.

A victory over Hofstra could open some eyes (many LI student eyes) and dare I say some media eyes and hopefully some corporate eyes.

I'll leave it to those of you who are closer to the program...what do ya think?

Archived