UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG!!!! JUST GOT BACK FROM THE GAME...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What special teams by UA. Everyone went insane on that block...just unreal!

The defense did a great job against a very good mobile passing QB, even if it was his first collegiate game. The special teams was the difference. they blocked the extra point in the first quarter and then of course the big block and the ot block...

The one problem i had was the offense. it seems they have trouble moving the football, especially in the air. There were multiple times in the second half were they had a drive start at their 45 or even midfield and they did nothing. They had chance to put Hofstra away and they just seemed to be unable to do it.

However, lets celebrate a big victory.

by the way, big props to UA fans that made the trip. There had to be, including the parents of the players, a good 200-300, maybe even more, people there for UA. Excellent tailgating also!

Went to the game yesterday. Good to finally meet you Danefan and your buddy Brian Eidens. BTW thanks for the cocktails. I am sure we will hook up at other games this year. I know your voice is as hoarse as mine this morning. Just a great win when it looked like a sure defeat in the last stanza with them lining up for a fg with about 9 seconds. I will report later but just wanted to say great win.

BTW New Hampshire may be the biggest and the baddest and for sure the best team we face this year. They are a s big as UMASS but their O is almost unstoppable. Gotta keep McCarty healthy. if the New Hampshire game gets out of hand we need to put #3 rear end on the bench. If we can move the ball that will be a good thing. They are that good. They mauled FCS Army(not that is saying alot) and have a 4 year win streak against FBS competition.

Off to Miami

Hofstra could kick itself - Newsday

and from page 7 of the Capital District's paper of record UAlbany edges Hofstra

Tailgated on the visitors' side lot. Saw Greatdane06 there, I thought at least 500 on the Albany side.

A couple of times I thought Vinny would have been better off pulling it down and running with it, even before they called him for illegal pass on one play.

Christopher, OTOH, made several completions with the defender hanging on him, I don't know how they missed him on that blitz on 3rd and 9 from midfield.

A win for the special teams - 3 blocked kicks and the punt that set up the safety.

Pretty good night for the defense except for completely blown coverage on the first touchdown and on one or two other passes. That is, good for a night when you give up 400 yards.

it was fun...good to see yo '72...sorry I messed up names, I tend to do that, hahaha

Newsday also had a great article about UA's Eddie Delaney in today's paper...

http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/...0,2100368.story

glad that the Gazette had Weiner, our beat reporter, covering golf and once again the TU takes a wire report to publish, yet there are two great articles in the opponents paper about the game.

Congrats on a big win.

Hofstra is having a tough year but it's still a CAA team. It goes to show the strength of UA. This program finds a way to win despite our lack of funding and infrastructure.

Think about this win for a minute. We beat a team with full scholarships. UA has 1 kid with a full scholarship. We beat a team with a stadium. We have a crap high school field. How the heck does UA win the recruiting and coaching battles with such huge handicaps? UA still got it done.

We will destroy the NEC when we begin conference play.

Go Danes!

I didn't want to start a thread on this topic but I did want to knowledge our SUNY rival had a big win against Temple last night. Coach Turner has turned that program around. Despite my hatred of that SUNY program, I believe competition makes you better and stronger. I think the better they do, the more that the Capitol District will question why UA is being short changed and screwed over.

Congrats to that back stabbing "we're the only flagship" crap hole. I wish their administration had 1/2 the class that their football program has.

Several posts herein have talked about Hofstra having an off year or rebuilding or something along those lines. In the pre-game article distributed by UAlbany's athletic department highlighting the matchup, it noted that Hofstra was picked to finish third behind UMASS and UNH. Is that considered an off year for Hofstra?

I sure would love to see UAlbany join the CAA for football. If we joined that league for football, would we stay in the America East for all other sports (i.e., UMASS)?

This is pretty impressive: Prior to the weekend, 5 CAA teams ranked in the top 10 nationally, and 6 CAA teams were in the top 25. I guess the CAA is "THE" conferece in what was formerly known as Division I-AA football.

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?...;ATCLID=1579049

Several posts herein have talked about Hofstra having an off year or rebuilding or something along those lines. In the pre-game article distributed by UAlbany's athletic department highlighting the matchup, it noted that Hofstra was picked to finish third behind UMASS and UNH. Is that considered an off year for Hofstra?

I sure would love to see UAlbany join the CAA for football. If we joined that league for football, would we stay in the America East for all other sports (i.e., UMASS)?

This is pretty impressive: Prior to the weekend, 5 CAA teams ranked in the top 10 nationally, and 6 CAA teams were in the top 25. I guess the CAA is "THE" conferece in what was formerly known as Division I-AA football.

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?...;ATCLID=1579049

JMU looked pretty impressive against UMASS. I always wanted to see us up against that squad.

Quick report (more to come):

McCarty may be the best RB in the nation at the FCS level. He should be added to the watch list for the Walter Payton Award (FCS heisman).

But....and its a big BUT....Hofstra was bad. If they play like that against UNH and Delaware it could be ugly.

They were lucky to scrape that win from Hofstra.

Defense was on the field entirely too long. From 2:12 left in the third quarter on - UA only ran 9 offensive plays. The defense was exhausted.

Vinny played OK. Had a couple chances to run and didn't. Didn't make any big mistakes though. Didn't take UA out of the game.

Ruler,

It was good to meet you finally as well. Good crowd at the game, although I still don't know why the Alumni association didn't do a tailgate at this game. NYC is probably are largest alumni base. Anyway. I had fun and hopefully this gives the team some confidence this week and next. We'll see.

Archived