UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany’s conference schedule announced

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?p=975

(Mark has it up before America East's Website.... or at least I can't seem to find it on there.......)

January

Sat. 3 Albany at Hartford

Thu. 8 Boston University at Albany

Sun. 11 Albany at Vermont

Wed. 14 Binghamton at Albany

Sat. 17 Albany at Maine

Fri. 23 Stony Brook at Albany

Sun. 25 UMBC at Albany

Wed. 28 Hartford at Albany

February

Thu. 5 Albany at Boston University at Agganis Arena

Sat. 7 Vermont at Albany

Mon. 9 Albany at Binghamton

Thu. 12 Albany at Stony Brook

Sun. 15 New Hampshire at Albany

Sun. 22 Maine at Albany

Thu. 26 Albany at New Hampshire

March

Sun. 1 Albany at UMBC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWAY Games:

Sat. 1/3 Albany at Hartford

Sun. 1/11 Albany at Vermont

Sat. 1/17 Albany at Maine

Thu. 2/5 Albany at Boston University at Agganis Arena

Mon. 2/9 Albany at Binghamton

Thu. 2/12 Albany at Stony Brook

Thu. 2/26 Albany at New Hampshire

Sun. 3/1 Albany at UMBC

HOME Games:

Thu. 1/8 Boston University at Albany

Wed. 1/14 Binghamton at Albany

Fri. 1/23 Stony Brook at Albany

Sun. 1/25 UMBC at Albany

Wed. 1/28 Hartford at Albany

Sat. 2/7 Vermont at Albany

Sun. 2/15 New Hampshire at Albany

Sun. 2/22 Maine at Albany

Ms,

Thanks for the info....the schedule appears to be nicely balanced between the supposed upper echelon and lower rungs of the league. No games will be a cake walk but it's good to see that they spread the tough ones out.

P.S. Good job by Mark for getting this out....hey, when the guy delivers, you gotta tip your hat!

some things...

1) the schedule is very strong to start...at hartford, vs boston, at vermont, vs binghamton...wow.

2) why do we see UNH so late? we play both games against them in a matter of a week and a half in our final 4 games leading into the conference tournament. just something odd.

3) the critical week for me is the last week in january...3 games in 6 days at home against stony brook, umbc and hartford. they win 2 of 3, that's a nice lead into february schedule which starts tought, but ends weak to me. final 5 games vs stony brook, maine, unh (2x) and umbc lets me think UA can get a nice vibe heading into the tourney and allow the great danes to almost sneak up on people to get a good seed for the tourney at home.

another note...4 of the 8 home conference games will be played during a "student break" (christmas recess in january or winter recess in february), including the final home conference game of the year which is set for the sunday right before classes resume from winter recess.

also, based on what I see, Big Purple Growl Saturday Febr 7...VS. VERMONT! that is the only home, saturday game on the schedule in february.

also...i believe the schedule is set up perfectly to have the Big Purple Growl Saturday Febr 7...VS. VERMONT!

I was thinking that also. Couldn't ask for better than Vermont at the BPG. That should be a lot of fun.

Last year I complained about not having any road games on the weekends. It looks like that has changed with this year and made it easier to get to some road games. The two tougher looking road games - Hartford and UVM - should also happen while the students are out.

Last year I complained about not having any road games on the weekends. It looks like that has changed with this year and made it easier to get to some road games. The two tougher looking road games - Hartford and UVM - should also happen while the students are out.

I thought that too and like the weekend road games. Maybe can get to the AE arenas I haven't been to yet(Maine and UMBC) plus some of the usual places . It would be nice if we had a lacrosse game in the Baltimore area that same weekend of 3/1, but that is probably too much to ask for.

I'm missing those two AE arenas also. I've figured the AE tourney might go to UMBC now that their program has gotten better. I don't know much about their campus but it seems like a decent place to spend the weekend.

I'm missing those two AE arenas also. I've figured the AE tourney might go to UMBC now that their program has gotten better. I don't know much about their campus but it seems like a decent place to spend the weekend.

UMBC reminded me of Albany - most buildings inside a surrounding perimeter road - but more isolated from its city, hospital and golf course to the northwest, interstate to the northeast, buffer areas to residential around the rest. I think we're playing Hopkins later, and probably UMBC lax as well, so bob will have to be satisfied with watching two other colleges play something. Still a good excuse to get down for crabcakes in the Inner Harbor.

Since the BPG is likely a sellout anyway, I'd prefer UNH, BUMA, or UMBC for it to boost the yearly total attendance and have more UVM and Bing fans filling what would be empty seats.

Alum72,

The best crab cakes in that area can be found at Galway Bay in Annapolis. !00% better than anything I've had at Inner Harbor. They're worth the extra 1/2 hr drive from Baltimore.

Alum72,

The best crab cakes in that area can be found at Galway Bay in Annapolis. !00% better than anything I've had at Inner Harbor. They're worth the extra 1/2 hr drive from Baltimore.

I remember Annapolis as a nice town, too. My sister got married there, she now lives in Ellicott City, about 5 miles by air or 9 miles by road from UMBC.

UMBC reminded me of Albany - most buildings inside a surrounding perimeter road - but more isolated from its city, hospital and golf course to the northwest, interstate to the northeast, buffer areas to residential around the rest. I think we're playing Hopkins later, and probably UMBC lax as well, so bob will have to be satisfied with watching two other colleges play something. Still a good excuse to get down for crabcakes in the Inner Harbor.

Since the BPG is likely a sellout anyway, I'd prefer UNH, BUMA, or UMBC for it to boost the yearly total attendance and have more UVM and Bing fans filling what would be empty seats.

I mostly Agree with your assessment of UMBC. It is a decent place to watch games. I have been to 3 or 4 lacrosse games there and 1 baseball game. The baseball park leaves a lot be desired as the fences are not deep enough. I haven't been to the basketball arena because I was sick a couple of years ago when it would have been convenient to go down.

"so bob will have to be satisfied with watching two other colleges play something"

As far as this, you are underestimating the number. I looked up that weekend and that weekend is the weekend for the Inside lacrosse face-off classic with Duke, Maryland Princeton and Johns Hopkins at Raven stadium on Saturday. This certainly looks like a good excuse to go to Baltimore/ Inner harbor for a weekend.

I am certainly looking forward to UA posting the schedule with game times.

Archived