UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: UCONN at Buffalo

Our SUNY counterparts are hosting #2 UCONN at Buffalo tonight. How does Buffalo get top teams in the country to have a home and home series. Buffalo also had a home and home with Pitt two years ago when they were #6 in the country.

It would be nice to do what BUffalo does to get these series. Does anyone know why? I mean we have been to the NCAA tournament twice while Buffalo zero.

UBuffalo has a nicer and slighty bigger venue than the SEFCU (it originally held close to 9,000). Plus, I am pretty sure a majority of their seats are chairbacks now (lowering capacity to 6,100). When we have chairbacks covering both sides, then we might be in the running for a marquee opponent from the Big East to attend our arena.

http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/venues/basketball.shtml

I could be way off on this but I think it’s perception. UB has a FBS (D1A) football team, which most people associate as a sign of flagship universities. Add to that, Spitzer's misguided comments earlier in the year and there you go. Why wouldn't the flagship of Connecticut not play the flagship of New York? UA needs to prove that we belong as a flagship. We belong on the same level. Our performance is great. Our facilities are not. It's tough to invite a major power to the SEFCU or University Field.

It's just my opinion but I'm entitled to it and believe it’s a fact.

UBuffalo has a nicer and slighty bigger venue than the SEFCU (it originally held close to 9,000). Plus, I am pretty sure a majority of their seats are chairbacks now (lowering capacity to 6,100). When we have chairbacks covering both sides, then we might be in the running for a marquee opponent from the Big East to attend our arena.

As an alumnus of both Buffalo and UAlbany, I can say that the above post by Albany Observer is pretty much right on point. Alumni Arena is pretty nice; not a huge difference, but a measurable difference over the SEFCU. I think I saw North Carolina play at UB when I was an undergraduate student there. It was a good 10 years ago, but I'm almost positive that was the game I recall ... .

Speaking of Buffalo, good luck to the Bulls in the MAC Football Championship Game tomorrow night against nationally ranked Ball State University (Ford Field, Detroit).

Also, is anyone else on here going to Buffalo vs. Siena in men's basketball on December 23, 2008?

I was recruited to UB for another sport...and I watched the Collegiate Club Championships for Volleyball the year they hosted (1991). Alumni Hall is not much nicer than the RACC. The lockerooms are meh...and the only difference is the sheer dungeon feel to it. It is a bigger version of "THE BOB".

I was recruited to UB for another sport...and I watched the Collegiate Club Championships for Volleyball the year they hosted (1991). Alumni Hall is not much nicer than the RACC. The lockerooms are meh...and the only difference is the sheer dungeon feel to it. It is a bigger version of "THE BOB".

I do like the indoor track in Alumni Arena that is on the second (I think) level. Kinda different, I suppose. I remember taking a 1 credit running class while in school at Buffalo and having to wake up early in the morning after long nights out at PJ Bottoms and/or Third Base and trot around that track in Alumni Arena -- rough!! :)

I do like the indoor track in Alumni Arena that is on the second (I think) level. Kinda different, I suppose. I remember taking a 1 credit running class while in school at Buffalo and having to wake up early in the morning after long nights out at PJ Bottoms and/or Third Base and trot around that track in Alumni Arena -- rough!! :)

If only we could have gotten funded like Buffalo gets funded...in retrospect I should have gone there since Buffalo at least has proactive politicians and the Bulls at least beat their MAAC rivals on the hardwood and don't fold to them.

I wish I could swap my UA degree for a UB degree...now there's a real school rather than a school who is hated by politicians...

If only we could have gotten funded like Buffalo gets funded...in retrospect I should have gone there since Buffalo at least has proactive politicians and the Bulls at least beat their MAAC rivals on the hardwood and don't fold to them.

I wish I could swap my UA degree for a UB degree...now there's a real school rather than a school who is hated by politicians...

I thought you were gonna swap it for a c-n-uh degree?

One day top two contenders for stupid post of the year. Actually Scrabble we wish you could trade you degree as well.

As an alumnus of both Buffalo and UAlbany, I can say that the above post by Albany Observer is pretty much right on point. Alumni Arena is pretty nice; not a huge difference, but a measurable difference over the SEFCU. I think I saw North Carolina play at UB when I was an undergraduate student there. It was a good 10 years ago, but I'm almost positive that was the game I recall ... .

Speaking of Buffalo, good luck to the Bulls in the MAC Football Championship Game tomorrow night against nationally ranked Ball State University (Ford Field, Detroit).

And now that Buffalo won the mac championship game, they will play UConn in Toronto 1/3.

Interesting matchup and a game I would go to if UA wasn't at Hartford that day in Basketball.

Archived