UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton @ UA

BTW, for those of you (Cape, DP) who were worried about Timmy's free throw shooting six weeks ago after the Penn game, he's now up to 83.3% for the season.

Our FT defense, however, has been even more outstanding the last couple of games.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strong performance by the Danes last night..nice to be in first place right now..for how easy it is to criticize teams/players when they have trouble at the free-throw line, I think it's worthwhile to join in on the 'cheers' of our recent success there..with the clutch ones at UVM and last night, we're now shooting over 73% from the line this season..great to see.

I wonder what the problem is with the Times Union website?..I like reading the team's post-game comments included in the blog entries..someone posted there were comments in the blogs about signs the students had taken down?..did they have swear words or something else obscene?..seems kinda of odd to hear that considering all the stuff that goes on in the crowds you see on TV at the average college basketball game across the country.

I hope to see us take care of business at Maine and continue our winning ways.

From Mid-Majority

"America East: Being so far afield from our Rhode Island homestead has caused us to miss out on a lot of early A-East games. But we're following along, don't worry. Last night's Vermont invasion of Boston U., a 70-56 win, was available on Full Court and Sling-O-Vision, but we would have traded that for a chance to watch Albany pull out a slim home victory over previously league-undefeated Binghamton, a team that had just flown in from a poorly-scheduled date at Utah Valley. The Scoobies and Bearcats are both at 3-1."

Just flew in? They flew in at least a couple of days before the game. It's not like they had one day between games

alum73 - that's probably why Coach Brown hates zone especially 3-2 zone, they are hollow in the middle.

To their credit Bing kept Fuller in the high post (foul line) area when shots went up he pretty much had a clear run at the hoop as the weak side wings were cheating out on 3 pt shooters and therefore there was no one to get a piece of him and to his credit he's an outstanding athlete and got his hands on 7 offensive boards.

That's true, we played almost all game in 3-2, just a small amount of 2-3. I realize we might be outnumbered on our defensive glass in the 3-2, but fuller is the Bing's main guy for rebounding in there. The weakside guy should be looking for him, shouldn't he?

He should be!!!!

But sometimes the individual was probably more worried about the skip pass.

It's just like the last few desperation threes, I'm sure someone was suppose to get out there.

Very often things don't go as planned.

The America East pamphlets passed out last night in the lobby have a notation next to Bingo's Theo Davis, stating that he is eligible as of the Spring semester. Any information on that? Could he be a real problem for teams down the stretch? He's another big man to complement Fuller down low. Could be a very difficult team to deal with when we play them at the Events Center ... .

Following up on Boisy's earlier post where CBS projects us as the #14 seed. Notably, Siena is projected as a #12 seed playing #5 Michigan. Having spent my childhood in Ann Arbor, what I wouldn't pay to see that matchup. Sims and the boys in blue would wreck Siena. Michigan, with wins over Duke and UCLA and Illinois this year (notwithstanding Michigan's second-half meltdown at Illinois last night), has an underrated backcourt and is big down low; and athletic all around. M GO BLUE!

The America East pamphlets passed out last night in the lobby have a notation next to Bingo's Theo Davis, stating that he is eligible as of the Spring semester. Any information on that? Could he be a real problem for teams down the stretch? He's another big man to complement Fuller down low. Could be a very difficult team to deal with when we play them at the Events Center ... .

Theo has been a non factor so far, he's gotten into a couple of games I believe but has done nothing. I'm sure some of it has to do with him not playing for a while and and not being in shape but I doubt he will be of any serious help to Bing this season. Perhaps next!

Currently he is nursing a tweaked ankle if I'm not mistaken.

Back again.

"TWA: Back in Business" - I like it

I’ve got an idea. How about `TWA,’ as in Tim, Will and Anthony? Kind of a throwback to when the Golden State Warriors had `Run TMC,’ named after Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin? And since TWA, the airline, isn’t around any longer, the slogan can be, `TWA: Back in Business.’ ”

Back again.

"TWA: Back in Business" - I like it

I’ve got an idea. How about `TWA,’ as in Tim, Will and Anthony? Kind of a throwback to when the Golden State Warriors had `Run TMC,’ named after Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin? And since TWA, the airline, isn’t around any longer, the slogan can be, `TWA: Back in Business.’ ”

That's very clever, I like it.

Archived