UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton @ UA

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was actually me wearing the cape, with all the signs and stuff. There is actually a blog post on the TU about them taking away one of our signs lol. Oh well. Great win for the danes 2nite. Two quick thoughts:

1. Binghamton lost this game at the FT line tonight. I counted at least 10 straight misses from the charity stripe in the 2nd half.

2. For all the talk of DJ Rivera being too good for this conference, I simply didn't see it tonight...

Great win by the Danes, but you have to tell me what Broadus said to you guys right before tip-off.

You were holding a sign asking if he was going to push you next, and he came over and said something.

Great Win for the GREAT DANEs. Clicking on all cylinders now, the Danes are the cream of the crop in the AE now. I said Raffa would have his way with Mayben tonight and he did dropping 21 points.

Boysidid you have to be the guy wearing the long king robe with the signs tonight. I loved the "you stole condoms" chant when the Bing player was at the line. Instant classic. Great WIN!!! 1st PLACE from here on out!!

That was not me, I sit in section 200 towards the front. FIIIRRRSSSTT PLACE! Bing should be a little more grounded after this one....UA would have won going away if it wasn't for Lukasa bombing away. He had his shot going today.

I think you actually mean Dwayne Jackson (I saw you posted on the America East forum too). Lukusa was "only" 2-for-4, and I am almost certain both were shots from the corner (and at least one was first half). Jackson ended 4-of-7 from behind the arc and it was his NBA 3s that brought Bing within 3 towards the very end.

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Jan 14 2009, 11:00 PM) 39629[/snapback]
Great Win for the GREAT DANEs. Clicking on all cylinders now, the Danes are the cream of the crop in the AE now. I said Raffa would have his way with Mayben tonight and he did dropping 21 points.

Boysidid you have to be the guy wearing the long king robe with the signs tonight. I loved the "you stole condoms" chant when the Bing player was at the line. Instant classic. Great WIN!!! 1st PLACE from here on out!!

That was not me, I sit in section 200 towards the front. FIIIRRRSSSTT PLACE! Bing should be a little more grounded after this one....UA would have won going away if it wasn't for Lukasa bombing away. He had his shot going today.

I think you actually mean Dwayne Jackson (I saw you posted on the America East forum too). Lukusa was "only" 2-for-4, and I am almost certain both were shots from the corner (and at least one was first half). Jackson ended 4-of-7 from behind the arc and it was his NBA 3s that brought Bing within 3 towards the very end.

You are right....sorry about that.

Considering all the new players and a tougher conference this year it's pretty amazing that we're off to our best 17 game start in our DI history.

I didn't see him mentioned before but Scotty McRae did a lot (9 pts, 8brds) in a little time (18 minutes.) When he hoisted that three in the first half and then fouled on the way down the floor the next time I thought he was going to the bench. He seemed to compose himself after that and got some tough rebounds.

One thing I really like about Raffa. Late in the second half when Bing was trying to pressure him full-court. He drove the ball the length of the court after beating his man and popped a little jump shot in the lane. He did it two or three times. I'm not sure how many times in the past I've seen us break the pressure over halfcourt and then stop and let the defense setup in the halfcourt and we have to start over again. I like that he makes them pay for pressuring him.

Considering Bing's quickness and the fact that they pressued much of the game I was pretty happy with "only" 11 turnovers.

I thought we had a very good game plan and scout of Bing's strengths and weakness. Also a nice crowd tonight - 3409. Would have been rocking with the rest of the students there but credit to those that were for trying to make up for them.

Ambrose was out of sight. That was a pretty athletic team and he was doing whatever he wanted out there. That combo of Ambrose, Harris and Raffa are brutal when they all are going on the same night.

Ambrose was out of sight. That was a pretty athletic team and he was doing whatever he wanted out there. That combo of Ambrose, Harris and Raffa are brutal when they all are going on the same night.

Lucky for us, the last couple of games the tree headed monster has been rolling. We are very hard to beat when the three of them are going. Well get to have all three of them next season...Senior, junior and sophomore.

Nice, I think I sit right behind you Boisy. I think you and someone else was yelling at Kenny Has. -- wth was he doing at the SEFCU? And wearing a Siena jacket? I mean, jeez ... . Nothing wrong with him buying a ticket to stop by, but the Siena jacket? One reason I don't mind the heckling as to K.H. is because of his comments before and after the games over the past few years. Anyways, on to the game:

1. It happens every year. Coach Brown gets this team better and better every game around this time. My father commented on how amazed he was at the difference in our team from the last home game he saw (a non-conference game -- Penn game I think). I saw substantial improvement over just the UVM game!! Coach Brown is pretty amazing to get these guys playing as well as they are with one another. Impresses the heck out of me.

2. Raffa has guts and heart. And hopefully lots of health insurance coverage (i.e., taking out Capital News 9 or one of the TV cameras ... lol). Raffa looked awesome out there tonight. Simply awesome.

3. Scotty McRae was awesome tonight too! Let's see, 9 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal, and he was 3-6 from the field and 3-3 from the free-throw line. And all that is over only a span of 18 minutes!! Before he graduates, it wouldn't shock me to see Scotty come up with a 35+ minute game with 20 rebounds! And how about that one play in the first half where he McRae'ed one of the Binghamton players?! He basically blocked the shot with both hands from above and scooped the ball down. Kinda hard to explain, and although a foul was called, it looked so bad-ass!! He has loads of talent, and he really had it down tonight. He was vocal out there, directing some other players at times and communicating with his teammates, grabbing rebounds ad naseum, and going up strong when he got offensive rebounds. As an attorney myself, I've been pulling for him ever since I read that Times Union article about how he was interested in law school, and I was happy to see him do a lot of little things right tonight, hustle, and really play a significant role in tonight's win. He's going to be a key variable for our success this year ... .

Moreover, I pull for the new guys who make mistakes out there for whatever reason, partly because that was me when I played college ball. I was a wreck when I played, and I never knew what to do on offense. So I just ran around setting screens. On defense I was okay, when I knew who to guard. I got SO nervous when checking into the game, because no one ever seemed to tell me which guy to pick up (how was I supposed to know absent someone telling me?). I simply dreaded the check-in process. And in practice, forget about it. I could pull off the three-man weave and the suicide drills, but plays and communication? No way. So I'm thrilled to see everyone doing better and better out there (like Ambrose from last year to this year -- amazing, right?) and picking up the game better, whether it be the coaching staff, the players, or (most likely), both!

4. Like other posters feel on here, more JEREL! Although he only got 11 minutes tonight, his presence on defense is so important out there, and he read that last play in the game to a "T" and made the steal that ended it!

5. Jimmie C. had solid minutes tonight, which I'm always glad to see. He has been such a classy presence in this program, and I always feel comfortable when he's out there because he really seems to know what to do and doesn't make mistakes.

6. Great play by Gifford tonight, but I gotta ask when we are going to let him put the name on his jersey: "HEHATEME" . Meaning, why does every official in the America East want to call as many fouls on him as possible? I mean, it drives me absolutely nuts to see him get called for stuff that seemed absolutely legal to me. Since when is not moving and holding your arms straight up, which is what he wisely does most times, a foul? I still do not understand it. Grrrrr....

7. Unlike some others here, I have made mistakes in my life as much as the next guy, and I like those like Coach Broadus who gives these kids a second chance. I didn't see anything wrong tonight in terms of behavior by the Bingo fans or their players, and unless I missed something big, I'll give credit where credit is due. Moreover, how does the saying go: "He who casts the first stone ... ."

My only issue with Binghamton is what kind of offense do they run? Do they have an offense?? They just run up as fast as they can, drive, drop step (or travel) and either launch an athletic shot up there or get called for charging. Alternatively, they launch 3-pointers. What an odd, odd team Bingo is. They may very well be clearly the most athletic team in the conference and the most poorly coached. Alternatively, perhaps this is what they look like when they are well-coached! Maybe this is precisely a great job by Coach Broadus in coaching them. Who knows. But I think Coach Brown took it to him tonight in the coaching department. No question in my mind. I was really really impressed tonight with the way the zone defense played for UA, collapsed at the right time, and got set to take charges. The Bingo players have got to learn to take set jump shots and more traditional shots so as to avoid the charge. Jeez. They can certainly jump high enough. They really do just play playground ball. And to shoot better from the 3 than at the free-throw line? How strange. If Bingo makes a higher percentage of their three-pointers than their free throws in the second half, hey, so be it!

Anthony was under control much better tonight than in VT. Our foul shooting and shooting in general have improved aome from the beginning of the year.

I could be wrong but at one point in the first half, I'm pretty sure Coach Brown told him to zip it....he made the hand motion touching his index finger to his thumb (don't know how else to explain it) kind of like a yapping motion with the hand. Tony had ice water in his vains today, he has no problem taking the big shot and he was drilling them today. Much to be excited about....I thought we'd go 2-2 to start the conference play....Hartford (tough matchup) at UVM and BUMA and BUNY at home and we went 3-1...sweet.

Nice, I think I sit right behind you Boisy. I think you and someone else was yelling at Kenny Has. -- wth was he doing at the SEFCU? And wearing a Siena jacket? I mean, jeez ... . Nothing wrong with him buying a ticket to stop by, but the Siena jacket? One reason I don't mind the heckling as to K.H. is because of his comments before and after the games over the past few years. Anyways, on to the game:

Yeh...I ribbed him a little....asked him what he was doing here and if he came here to watch some real basketball. He smiled....I meant to do nothing more then to give him a little business that's all. Kenny, Ronald and someone else were there....I didn't recognize the third guy. Ronald looked like a guy in the witness procetion program....had the hat pulled over and shoulders hunched. No biggy, just having a little bit of fun with them.

Anthony was under control much better tonight than in VT. Our foul shooting and shooting in general have improved aome from the beginning of the year.

I could be wrong but at one point in the first half, I'm pretty sure Coach Brown told him to zip it....he made the hand motion touching his index finger to his thumb (don't know how else to explain it) kind of like a yapping motion with the hand. Tony had ice water in his vains today, he has no problem taking the big shot and he was drilling them today. Much to be excited about....I thought we'd go 2-2 to start the conference play....Hartford (tough matchup) at UVM and BUMA and BUNY at home and we went 3-1...sweet.

He has such an interesting way of protecting the ball and using his body to shield the ball from the defender. He gets that arm in there a little bit, but really is discrete about it.

I think I read somewhere that Coach was viewing the Conference play like Tom C. of the Giants views the NFL schedule (which I like): 4, 4-game segments. Just got through our first segment, and perhaps most difficult, at 3-1. Very impressive (see posters herein just two weeks ago on this board!).

Speaking of Raffa, looks like we can welcome a new poster to the action who goes by the name: "Raffa=God" (name appears below) ... that cracks me up. (one probably should use a lowercase "g" there, but he was pretty awesome tonight. :lol: )

Archived