UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Getting closer to a new SUNY Chancelor?

Classof72/74

"SUNY Expected to Pick University of Cincinnati Leader as Chancellor"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/educatio...l?ref=education

Thank god we're not getting the Buff State president! We (the other 3 SUNY Centers) still have to battle UB every day. We need to demonstrate there are 3 other SUNY Centers. The other SUNY Centers are deserving of equal treatment and funding. UB does not represent New York!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very happy to read those headlines.

Best choice without a doubt.

Certainly glad the buff state guy didn't get it. It could have been disasterous for

THE University of Albany.

And my god, imagine if the sidekick of the prostitute chasing spitzer had been offered the job.

He would have gone ahead with the plan to exclude university centers from flagship, and promote only one or two.

I certainly hope it means we're close to getting a university president. A best case scenario would be selecting a president with close ties to the new chancellor. I'd be happy with another Ohio selection!

Let's give the new chancellor a tour of University Field and ask her how New York compares to Ohio State? No, that school is a flagship and we're not, right?... Maybe how it compares to Cincinnati? No, UC is a major state school... Maybe Kent State then? Kent State is still bigger than a SUNY Center. No... a community college?

She will be shocked at the work to be done in New York. University Field is just one example of the discrepencies between New York and the rest of the country.

The best things about her, IMO, are (1) she's a NY political outsider and (2) she is not a NYC person.

Adm. Ryan was great for the same reasons as was President Hall.

Lets hope she takes an interest in UAlbany seeing as she'll be living in Albany.

The best things about her, IMO, are (1) she's a NY political outsider and (2) she is not a NYC person.

Adm. Ryan was great for the same reasons as was President Hall.

Lets hope she takes an interest in UAlbany seeing as she'll be living in Albany.

Couldn't agree more! Being foreign to Albany politics and NYC/downstate are huge factors that may very well work in our favor down the road.

I'm an alumnus of Buffalo and UAlbany, and I think fairness and equity are the way to go. Okay, so most states have two major flagship institutions (e.g., Michigan and Michigan State). Well, we're New York, and we have 4! It's the price New York pays for giving into the private school lobbying way back when which sought to avoid an all-powerful flagship university (it threatens all the various private schools across the state).

NY created this system, so it has to deal with it now and support all 4 university centers fairly and equitably. And I have news for us, although most of already know this, but the real threat is not UB or Stonybrook as far as funding is concerned --- it's CUNY!!!!

Thank god it's Zimpher. SUNY needs the outside influence. It also saves us from getting a Buff State candidate. Dodged a major bullet there.

Now if we can get a president in the next two weeks (as stated in the TU) we'd be all set. I think it's important to have our own president lobbying for UA before UB declares themselves the second coming and demands all funding go to Buffalo.

Thank god it's Zimpher. SUNY needs the outside influence. It also saves us from getting a Buff State candidate. Dodged a major bullet there.

Now if we can get a president in the next two weeks (as stated in the TU) we'd be all set. I think it's important to have our own president lobbying for UA before UB declares themselves the second coming and demands all funding go to Buffalo.

My question is how quickly will the new president be able to get up to speed, the other SUNY center presidents will have years of experience on him on how to work the three men in a room.

Today's TU article said that Zimpher's compensation package at Cincy included a faculty position for her husband. I hope she has negotiated the same here with her husband at UA.

I love the thought that the last thing Madam Chancellor will hear before she lays her head down to sleep at night is how her husband's day went at the forgotten SUNY center - Albany.

Today's TU article said that Zimpher's compensation package at Cincy included a faculty position for her husband. I hope she has negotiated the same here with her husband at UA.

I love the thought that the last thing Madam Chancellor will hear before she lays her head down to sleep at night is how her husband's day went at the forgotten SUNY center - Albany.

I love it. From your lips to god's ears.

She is an Ohio State grad. I believe I heard from Dane96 that she sits on a Big East committee. I have to believe she's pro-college athletics. From her undergraduate days through her career she's been at big time sports state universities. Our push to be in the CAA (or equivalent) has to be a pretty modest goal in her mind.

I really hope we get a president in the next few weeks and her husband takes a job at UA. UA badly needs some support.

Archived