UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ BUNY

The hellish stretch continues tonight at Binghamton with only a one day layoff. While the first or second spot is at this point is out of reach, the third spot is still in reach if we should somehow find a way to win this one and even then it will be difficult but the schedule does ease up a bit after this one. It won't be easy as the game will be at the packed Event Center. Hopefully as a team we can continue to improve and show some consistency, 40 minutes of good basketball.....instead of letting teams get up big on us in the first half.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't seem to find the info while at work but is this game on TW3? I know they carried the UA game down in Bing when they played here.

No this game is on MSG+ as is the next game Thursday against Stony Brook. I think TW3 has a community college game tonight.

Nice job by the Times Union webpage:

"Were you Seen?

See who we saw at UAlbany's Big Purple Growl

TONIGHT'S GAMES:

UALBANY: Danes want fast start at Stony Brook"

Stonybrook? lol...

TV for tonight is MSG +, as stated already. That would be Channel 26 for Time Warner, and it would be channel 33 for Mid-Hudson Cable people, like me.

Binghamton also offers a feed for $5.

Someone is going to jump in their car and drive down to SB only to be very disappointed. :D

Looks like the TU fixed that one, but I don't know any Albany fans that would the TU's word on that without checking a second source.

TONIGHT'S GAMES:

UALBANY: Danes want fast start at Binghamton

I can't get down to the game but if I did I was going to make a sign that said either simply: "Where's Jackson?" or "Where's Jackson?...Hanging Out w/ Phelps?"

Anyone is welcome to use those if they are going lol. Enjoy the trip to those who can make it!!

Anyone wish UAlbany began showing an inside game?

How the heck can we not utilize Giff at 6'11" down low.

I think I can count on one hand the times I remember Giff getting the ball down low over his years at Albany.

I also don't think I've seen giff miss a free throw. He's a sharp shooter from the line.

A little work on giff's leaping ability and a few low post moves would do us wonders, and give the defenses something to think about.

I also think Connelly has some quickness and skills to post up low more often.

Anyone wish UAlbany began showing an inside game?

How the heck can we not utilize Giff at 6'11" down low.

I think I can count on one hand the times I remember Giff getting the ball down low over his years at Albany.

I also don't think I've seen giff miss a free throw. He's a sharp shooter from the line.

A little work on giff's leaping ability and a few low post moves would do us wonders, and give the defenses something to think about.

I also think Connelly has some quickness and skills to post up low more often.

They are both players that give max effort and serve a valuable purpose to the team, but neither has a post game to speak of. I think Connally is actually better from 12-15 feet than from 3-5 feet.

Skilled bigs are few and far between. The lack of an inside presence makes it real tough for UA to win when one or two of the scorers is having an off night. Just not a lot of places to go. After the big three (and hopefully some more consistency from Barazza), there are a lot of role players. We really miss Al Turley. Not an All America East player but somewhat skilled (unpolished) on the offensive end of the floor.

Archived