UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BS didn't have an autobid either, so its ONLY advantage was the ability to ramp up scholarships quicker. Otherwise it has the same disadvantages as the NEC (small private schools that mostly nobody up here has heard of, other than VMI) or worse (yes, travel).

I missed this in the TU this morning:

3Rodger Wyland's quick take: Another signature win for the UAlbany football program on Saturday, when they beat nationally ranked Maine, the home win of Bob Ford's career at the Division 1-AA level. With Ford's program soaring at an all-time high, it maybe time to leave the NEC conference, which they have dominated, play up a level, and bring in name schools--like Maine--to University Field on a regular basis. NewsChannel 13's Rodger Wyland can be heard weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon on WOFX 980 AM.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=844225&category=SPORTS#ixzz0Rmar05PL

Pictures up at the UA Facebook page (you don't have to be a facebook member to view them)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=154490&id=125962027500&l=4c55aca672

Def more than 4800 reported:

10724_169032607500_125962027500_3718180_4331847_n.jpg

The crowd was awesome, when we get better facilities we should be able to get some really solid crowds. Especially with a bit of advertisement in the local area, things like those TV commercials that were posted a few days ago.

My thoughts are you could not ask for a nicer day especially given all the rain this summer. It was nice to see a lot of familiar faces and some new ones. Jeff Stone and Key Bank did a good job with the pregame tailgate, but they can learn from us also. We may stop by at halftime for a beer, but parking spots should not be empty at halftime. However since he said he is a Notre Dame fan I am willing to forgive that. If Notre Dame was down the last few years they were done and I assume the fans were gone. However, here at Albany our teams compete to the end and obviously sometimes they come up short, but they always compete to the end and sometimes you have awesome games like today.

Thanks Maine Jeff for the kind words on the team. It was an awesome second half.

I am surprised I did not see a post here from DDS looking to fire Coach Ford at halftime and give him a contract extension after the game. Maybe someone mercifully took him away from the computer.

Come on Bob, I love coach Ford he's actually done great things for the football program. I called it last week in the post I made "UA/Ford to bounce back" and they did. Great job Danes keep it rolling to another NEC Championship.

Wow Doggy...you really went out on a limb with the prediction...and pointing out what Bob has done with the program.

Masterful.

Wonder if you were around in the lean DIII years (early 90's)-- maybe you would have promoted his firing.

Wonder if you were around in the lean DIII years (early 90's)-- maybe you would have promoted his firing.

Ha..I think you mean the mid-2000s..Ford was relatively new to DI and was two years removed from back-to-back conference titles..sound like anyone else that DDS wants canned?

Ha..I think you mean the mid-2000s..Ford was relatively new to DI and was two years removed from back-to-back conference titles..sound like anyone else that DDS wants canned?

2004 and 2005 seasons. Ahhh yes...the years between Gary Jones and David McCarty.

Actually...NO...I know exactly what I meant; I was recruited in the 90's. We were sub-.500 playing a crap DIII schedule and running basically the same freakin play once left...and then once right. From 90-95 we were a bad football team. Jaan Lapp couldnt hit the side of a freaking barn.

Including the 0-10 ineligible season with ACTUAL SCORES, from 1990-1995 the Danes were 27 Wins and 36 losses.

And Bob Ford was STILL CLASS!

Actually...NO...I know exactly what I meant; I was recruited in the 90's. We were sub-.500 playing a crap DIII schedule and running basically the same freakin play once left...and then once right. From 90-95 we were a bad football team. Jaan Lapp couldnt hit the side of a freaking barn.

Including the 0-10 ineligible season with ACTUAL SCORES, from 1990-1995 the Danes were 27 Wins and 36 losses.

And Bob Ford was STILL CLASS!

Ugh, D96..no need for the agressiveness..I was agreeing with you..I was pointing out that Ford in the mid 2000s are also a perfect analogy to Brown now..in 2006 Ford was 2 years removed from back-to-back conference titles..just like in 2009 Brown is 2 years removed from back-to-back titles.

Archived