UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big win! Congrats. Is this our first win over a ranked team?

I believe it is our fourth. I believe one was against Dusquene in 2002 and I think CCSU one time when they were ranked..

"The Great Danes are 3-13 all-time against ranked Division I FCS teams. UAlbany is 2-2 at home against Top 25 opponents."- TU Article

That was a great game. I have to admit, at the half I thought we were in deep trouble. Nothing was going well and our QB play was awful. But these guys stuck with it and pulled it out. Espisito did not have his best game but came up with some big plays down the stretch. Crowd really got into late, hard not to with the play on the field. Great time.

Delaware was #11 when we beat them in 2006.

Tremendous 2nd-half shutdown by the defense.

Crowd of 4,823 was great for a non-homecoming, Rosh Hoshanah weekend. Probably 600 in the visiting side, if they were mostly Maine fans that's a pretty good turnout for them.

It's a long way, back to Orono, it's a long way to go

Albany wins a great game....nothing on the TU site. They have updates on HS football scores but nothing on the only College Division I football game attended by 5K people. Inexcusable but not unexpected! By the way...awesome crowd today, one of the better ones that I've seen.

Did Mark S. attend the game?

Delaware was #11 when we beat them in 2006.

Tremendous 2nd-half shutdown by the defense.

Crowd of 4,823 was great for a non-homecoming, Rosh Hoshanah weekend. Probably 600 in the visiting side, if they were mostly Maine fans that's a pretty good turnout for them.

It's a long way, back to Orono, it's a long way to go

...and they do it all over again next week..to the Carrier Dome

This is great!! I wish JumpTV didn't poop the bed on this one. Not one played was shown on the Dean Zone. Contacted their support and they said they were working on it. That was in the 2nd quarter. It never came on.:(

Great win though!!! Too bad we couldn't pull out the GSU game.

My thoughts are you could not ask for a nicer day especially given all the rain this summer. It was nice to see a lot of familiar faces and some new ones. Jeff Stone and Key Bank did a good job with the pregame tailgate, but they can learn from us also. We may stop by at halftime for a beer, but parking spots should not be empty at halftime. However since he said he is a Notre Dame fan I am willing to forgive that. If Notre Dame was down the last few years they were done and I assume the fans were gone. However, here at Albany our teams compete to the end and obviously sometimes they come up short, but they always compete to the end and sometimes you have awesome games like today.

Thanks Maine Jeff for the kind words on the team. It was an awesome second half.

I am surprised I did not see a post here from DDS looking to fire Coach Ford at halftime and give him a contract extension after the game. Maybe someone mercifully took him away from the computer.

I think this victory is the turning point. If they would have lost, 0-3 going to conference play would have this team in the dumps. However, such a high moral victory, especially being down 16-0 and coming back, really shows something. I think the NEC needs to fear this team now.

What a game! And I think the attendance was underreported. I got in the game right at kickoff and couldn't get a seat on the home side. We went to sit on the visiting side and there was only room for about 10 of us so we sat on the hill. I tried to take a picture of the home side but the sun kept killing the shot. There was a decent amount of people on the hill too. I thought there were closer to 6,000.

One huge negative: they took away the endzone seating? I'd rather sit there than on the hill.

Got a chance to talk to a lot of people before the game in the parking lot and after the game at the Pub. A lot of questions asked about everything we ever talk about here and not really any answers.

McGuire did the TU story today, which means Singleas didn't go to the game. And I'm glad. Maybe they should revoke his press credentials. McGuire's articles are better anyway.

http://www.timesunio...category=SPORTS

Bravo Mark! An amazingly accurate recap of the game.

EDIT: apparently Singleas did go (see below).

Archived