UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

What a full committment to FCS football can bring to a town and a campus

Nice find df.

And nicely put '06.

There have been some powerful sporting events ... Redsox comeback over the Yankees - 1st world series, 1980 Olympic hockey win over Soviet Union, UA Men's B-ball tournament game vs UCONN, UA men's lacrosse NCAA quarter final game.......

to have an experience like Old Dominions would have that same feel!

We're nearing another football Saturday and I'm wondering if I'll live long enough to ever see Albany make that leap. Once again, I'll hear plenty of "Whose Michigan State playing this weekend"? In my office you can also fill in "Michigan State" with any of the following: Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan, Cincinnati, Miami, GT, Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, Clemson, UConn and Rutgers. In two weeks it be the same phase but with UCLA, SDSU, Fresno, USC etc... I want to hear "Albany", just once.

Whose Albany playing this weekend?

Just kidding SoCal_Dane but at least you saw it once. I work in Colonie but I had a lot of people giving me congrats for the win over Maine (even though I didn't do anything.) For me, that' a huge step in terms of awareness from just a couple of years ago.

You will be stunned at the attention(both good and bad) the football program will recieve once a new facility or a major renovation to UF is announced and completed!!!! My friend works for NYS (don't crucify him yet he is an Albany fan) and states people down there are beginning to notice UA football.

You will be stunned at the attention(both good and bad) the football program will recieve once a new facility or a major renovation to UF is announced and completed!!!! My friend works for NYS (don't crucify him yet he is an Albany fan) and states people down there are beginning to notice UA football.

If what we do is a good renovation to University Field, then nobody has any right to open their mouth.

A high quality, D1 FCS football team, representing New York State and the Capital Region.... and all

we've had for a half century is a field.

I'm glad people are noticing. By saying 'down there', where exactly is your friend?

Down in Albany? Down in NYC?

The problem is this: I don't think we'll ever have a problem getting 10,000 in a decent facility against a team like Maine, Umass, UNH, etc....

What happens when we get back to our crappy league and have to play Sacred Heart, St. Francis, Wagner, Robert Morris, etc......teams no one has ever heard of.

I'm wondering what attendance will be like this weekend. The weather is supposed to be perfect. I would expect around 1,000 person drop-off. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I do not think filling the new "stadium" or a renovated UA "field" will be a problem. I do not think fund raising will be much a problem either. If we ever get a shovel in the ground; fans will open their wallets, hundreds of former FORD players and current and new fans will come forward with picks and shovels in hand. If you start it they will come and keep coming. I know I am sounding Polyanna (also dating myself), but I simply feel (my opinion) that if we ever get something-anything started only good results will follow. I know state funding is the key but it seems to me we have a substantial fund already committed and if we ever get this thing started, more $ will follow. A pledge drive, sell bricks, whatever--but we need to see some action.

I do not think filling the new "stadium" or a renovated UA "field" will be a problem. I do not think fund raising will be much a problem either. If we ever get a shovel in the ground; fans will open their wallets, hundreds of former FORD players and current and new fans will come forward with picks and shovels in hand. If you start it they will come and keep coming. I know I am sounding Polyanna (also dating myself), but I simply feel (my opinion) that if we ever get something-anything started only good results will follow. I know state funding is the key but it seems to me we have a substantial fund already committed and if we ever get this thing started, more $ will follow. A pledge drive, sell bricks, whatever--but we need to see some action.

I agree with you completely.

As do I-- hell, because of injuries i never played a down for the Danes....but I swear to g-d if they ever got this thing going they would see a substantial donation from me. Ford is so important to this school...and definitively shaped my life even when I seperated from the program. Heck...even Coach Simpson "followed" my development through the years.

With more and more former players and/or general alumni getting better paying jobs as the UA profile grows...the more money we can sink in.

Just announce the damn UA stadium improvements already.

As do I-- hell, because of injuries i never played a down for the Danes....but I swear to g-d if they ever got this thing going they would see a substantial donation from me. Ford is so important to this school...and definitively shaped my life even when I seperated from the program. Heck...even Coach Simpson "followed" my development through the years.

With more and more former players and/or general alumni getting better paying jobs as the UA profile grows...the more money we can sink in.

Just announce the damn UA stadium improvements already.

timely - Did you get my email?

Checking now!

Damn g-mail...not opening. Check it in a few...and I hope to g-d it is about what you and I have been discussing.

Ruler....where the hell have you been; PM me your newest and greatest e-mail-- I cant keep track of them all.

Archived