UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

DANEger Zone is alive

GreatDanes06

Two facebook events for Friday's event:

Enter the DANEger Zone at the Men's Basketball Home Opener

n174410150753_2148.jpg

http://www.facebook....8592716&index=1

http://www.facebook....0150753&index=1

More information:

http://www.albany.edu/studentevents/danegerzone.shtml

"Friday the 13th, enter the DANEger Zone (if you DARE!) at the Men’s Basketball Home Opener: 7 pm Tip-Off The Great Dane Nation has been named - Be part of the new and very purple and gold student fan club – The DANEger Zone. Come to the University Gym, Nov. 13 from 6:00 to 7:00 pm and receive your official DANEger Zone t-shirt, get free food, and win prizes including an XBOX 360. Your official DANEger Zone t-shirt is a must to participate in on court contests and gives you special access to events.

Spread out your wings and head to the DANEger Zone!

The DANEger Zone is the new UAlbany student fan club! To be part of the DANEger Zone wear your official DANEger Zone t-shirt at UAlbany events to participate in exclusive contests, gain access to events and win prizes. If you are exploding with UA spirit, be part of the DANEger Zone. Contact dangerzone@albany.edu with your name, email address, and class year to be the first to hear about upcoming DANEger Zone events!"

I'd like to just say.....FINALLY! I commend the school for doing a great job getting this stuff out there....advertising the voting for the new name etc. Hopefully this group will grow and continue to get support from the athletic dept. No excuse not to have student sides full with as many people on campus as we have......

My only suggestion to them is their tag line doesn't make much sense, because they take two parts of the song and put them together..."Spread your wings and head into the DANEger Zone" ....should be "Take the highway to the DANEger Zone" since those are the actual lyrics. Spread your wings sounds like we are birds lol, but its a great name, def the best of the three options they voted on. :D

"Take the highway to the DANEger Zone" since those are the actual lyrics. Spread your wings sounds like we are birds lol, but its a great name, def the best of the three options they voted on. :D

So will future tailgating be done in the parking lot to the danger zone?

I'm wondering what the over/under will be on how many times we hear the Kenny Loggins song this year. When LadyDP found out about it she was blasting it in the house yesterday morning. Those Top Gun fans.

That said, I'm glad they're doing this. It's a great idea.

"Take the highway to the DANEger Zone" since those are the actual lyrics. Spread your wings sounds like we are birds lol, but its a great name, def the best of the three options they voted on. biggrin.gif

I'm wondering what the over/under will be on how many times we hear the Kenny Loggins song this year. When LadyDP found out about it she was blasting it in the house yesterday morning. Those Top Gun fans.

I can't get the song out of my head now. laugh.gif

It is a good song. If they made it our 'theme song' during starting line ups, I'd totally love it haha. I'm a big fan of Top Gun, it's a classic. Or this version of "Remember The Name" by Fort Minor: <media>

I can't get the song out of my head now. laugh.gif

Same here. All morning singing that song. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Revvin' up your engine

Listen to her howlin' roar

Metal under tension

Beggin' you to touch and go

Highway to the Danger Zone

Ride into the Danger Zone

Headin' into twilight

Spreadin' out her wings tonight

She got you jumpin' off the track

And shovin' into overdrive

I'll take you

Right into the Danger Zone

You'll never say hello to you

Until you get it on the red line overload

You'll never know what you can do

Until you get it up as high as you can go

Out along the edges

Always where I burn to be

The further on the edge

The hotter the intensity

Gonna take you

Right into the Danger Zone

"Take the highway to the DANEger Zone" since those are the actual lyrics. Spread your wings sounds like we are birds lol, but its a great name, def the best of the three options they voted on. :D

Yeah... unfortunately even before the DANEger Zone was created I had to hear it all the time as it is one of GDGs fav movies. lol

Yeah... unfortunately even before the DANEger Zone was created I had to hear it all the time as it is one of GDGs fav movies. lol

Not something he probably wanted you to broadcast.:lol: :lol:

Archived