UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: McCaffrey to Iowa

TU is reporting Fran is off to Iowa

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/

If you ask me, bad move. I feel like St. John's would have been a better fit for him

Couldn't care less where that clown goes or what is a good "fit" for him.

But since I like Iowa now, that would be bad from a rooting perspective.

But I would obviously root against their basketball team if they make that hire.

It's a good spot for him personally...He's gonna have resources to win there.

A lot of questions around the Siena program now, will the Burdine and Basabe stay committed? How many kids like Breeden etc. stick around?

The Siena job is a good one and they will have no shortage of qualified candidates...they will be down next year, not only because of the adjustment of the roster to a new coach, but probably a new system not to mention depends on who stays.

Big-10 basketball...remains to be seen how many handshake lines Iowa blows off in the next couple of years.

Going to the Big Ten how much whining will Fran do regarding physical play?

What's the over and under of Marge getting thrown out of games or post game press conferences???

How will the midwesterners handle her cursing and swearing?

Will Fran hire Lillis or Brent as assistant's??? (only kidding)

Quote from Iowa paper:

"McCaffery hire is another yawner"

How perfect.

I'd have to agree with bob87 on this one. Who cares where he's going.

Iowa has just made a big mistake, especially with the loud mouth he brings with him.

A classless lady heading to a very honorable university.

I'm surprised so many are getting wound up by this, while at the same time there's hardly any reaction to the Broadus v Bing lawsuit, or this morning's TU

editorial

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=916321&category=MONEDIT

This stuff hits a lot closer to home than what goes on over in Newtonville.

:o

I'm surprised so many are getting wound up by this, while at the same time there's hardly any reaction to the Broadus v Bing lawsuit, or this morning's TU

editorial

http://www.timesunio...ategory=MONEDIT

ohmy.gif

Yes, more relevant for sure. I don't disagree with what he is saying (or the letter his refering to)), but I love how NYS residents have the misinformed notion that they pay for everything at SUNY schools. Anyone remember what the percentage of state funding UA was getting now? 15% or so?

editorial

ohmy.gif

Yes, more relevant for sure. I don't disagree with what he is saying (or the letter his refering to)), but I love how NYS residents have the misinformed notion that they pay for everything at SUNY schools. Anyone remember what the percentage of state funding UA was getting now? 15% or so?

I agree also with the main objections the author makes about athletics getting out of hand.

On the other hand, do we really need any more oversight of athletics at the four Division I SUNY schools. I can guarantee that as long as Zimpher is chancellor of the system, nobody else will make the same mistake. The article also fails to keep in perspective that the errors occurred in only one athletic program at only one SUNY institution. The other 80-plus athletic programs have been operated pretty cleanly, in my opinion. Adding another layer of oversight just seems like a waste of time, money, and energy now - at a time when none of the three resources is in much supply.

As far as real issues are concerned, maybe the taxpayers should call for more oversight of the political process in Albany. Despite the fact that the two houses of the legislature and the governor now all come from one political party, it looks like the state will be late again with its budget. When there's no budget in place, it affects a lot more people than any particular athletic program at SUNY.

editorial

ohmy.gif

I agree also with the main objections the author makes about athletics getting out of hand.

On the other hand, do we really need any more oversight of athletics at the four Division I SUNY schools. I can guarantee that as long as Zimpher is chancellor of the system, nobody else will make the same mistake. The article also fails to keep in perspective that the errors occurred in only one athletic program at only one SUNY institution. The other 80-plus athletic programs have been operated pretty cleanly, in my opinion. Adding another layer of oversight just seems like a waste of time, money, and energy now - at a time when none of the three resources is in much supply.

As far as real issues are concerned, maybe the taxpayers should call for more oversight of the political process in Albany. Despite the fact that the two houses of the legislature and the governor now all come from one political party, it looks like the state will be late again with its budget. When there's no budget in place, it affects a lot more people than any particular athletic program at SUNY.

Sounds to me like you just wrote yourself a letter to the TU editor in response. Some very valid points.

Archived