UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown to Liberty

John Brown, a wing from Roane CC that we had on campus a couple weeks ago just committed to Liberty. What? You thought that title meant something else?

Boom goes the dynamite!

I read with amusement all the back and forth postings re: Coach Brown interviewing at Dartmouth and noted that many said "no harm, no foul." My criticism on the interviewing is the timing - he was literally interviewing at the same time he was having recruits visit our campus during the critical signing period. I have no idea whether this factored into the kid opting for Liberty, but certainly if I was a recruit, it would affect my decision-making process. So I don't think the mantra "no harm, no foul" holds true in this situation - it is quite possible that we lost out on a couple of good recruits due to this timing.

John Brown, a wing from Roane CC that we had on campus a couple weeks ago just committed to Liberty. What? You thought that title meant something else?

Boom goes the dynamite!

I read with amusement all the back and forth postings re: Coach Brown interviewing at Dartmouth and noted that many said "no harm, no foul." My criticism on the interviewing is the timing - he was literally interviewing at the same time he was having recruits visit our campus during the critical signing period. I have no idea whether this factored into the kid opting for Liberty, but certainly if I was a recruit, it would affect my decision-making process. So I don't think the mantra "no harm, no foul" holds true in this situation - it is quite possible that we lost out on a couple of good recruits due to this timing.

That is true. I would be very interested to know if the uncertainty around Coach Brown played any role in this decision.

I will say that Liberty is the brainchild of the Rev. Jerry Fallwell. Its Christian teachings and very conservative campus are very attractive to many devout student-athletes, as is BYU for many Mormons. I have a feeling that that aspect may have played into it as well. But your point is a very valid one.

Boom goes the dynamite!

From what I hear, there were other things in play pushing this kid to sign with Liberty. Namely take a look at what kind of school Liberty is...

Very nice school judging by the pics on their site. VERY NICE.

There is an incredible amount of money being dumped into the Liberty athletics program. its a great school if you are looking for that sort of thing (the intense Christian education).

If you want to be really jealous, take a look at their football stadium and the current expansion construction going on.

They have publicly stated that they intend to be on the level of Notre Dame for Christian colleges within 10 years.

Yeah, it'll be on the same level as Notre Dame for all people who believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and evolution is a fabrication.

UAalum with some political talk? A side I've never seen before. ohmy.giftongue.gif

THat isn't political, it's about education and fake science.

Generally, arguing politics online raises my blood pressure and is a waste of time, but I guess you missed my opinions of Citdog's championing the Confederacy over on AGS.

Archived