UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tim Wilkin taking over UA Sports for the TU

MRSGDG

Tim's Sunday interview pieces were pretty good; I didn't care for his trashtalk/rivalry horseracing feature. Now it will be absolutely true that he's busy at the track during football preseason. Regardless, the same editorial staff is in place controlling budget, priorities, and linage on the page. All we can hope for is a less negative slant.

They should have hired Brian Fitzgerald, IMO.

It can't get any worse than it is right now though.

Good luck Tim and if you read this just take one piece of advice to heart- UAlbany athletics is actually good for the Capital Region. In fact its likely the hidden gem of the Capital Region. Expose it and you'll make a name for yourself writing about something other than gambling.

Well, there had to be somewhere to move Mark S in order to move him instead of sending him to the street. The timing of Pete getting moved off the LCC beat after the reporting of the DWI's does seem odd. However, if Mark S can keep up his negativity he is in the best place to showcase his "style" covering the LCC beat.

I know nothing about Wilkin since I never read about horses and we'll see. Like UAalum72 said no change in the editorial staff. I'll believe the TU is improved when they send reporters to cover the areas best university teams. No excuse not to send a reporter to Yale to cover the number 1 area college in the number 1 college sport.

I can finally say this (and for the record I said this in an e-mail to him where he called me out for "whining" about the lack of UA coverage):

MARK S...it was never nice knowing you...you were nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing...and a big fat #$#K to the members of the UA community.

Childish by me: YES. Do I care: NO. My disdain for him is beyond palpable.

Edited by Dane96

From Tim's Twitter:

Spent 90 minutes with UAlbany hoops coach Will Brown this morning. Don't think he dislikes me yet about 6 hours ago via web

So basically on his first day on the assignment he spent more time with coach than Mark S did in his last month? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year on the assignment

Is it me or is Mark S putting in more effort and time into the siena program than he ever did with UA. hes got an article every damn day about them. what a punk.

I never really bashed him but seeing this i agree with everyone 100 percent. hes a turd.

Edited by UA'08