UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Some familiar names

Gavin Glanton is averaging 4.5 pts and 4 rebounds a game for Arkansas-FT Smith. All against DI teams so far in exhibition.

Raffa had 11 pts and 6 assists in his first game at Coastal. They won something like 112-52 over a DIII team to start the season.

In 2 games against DI teams this season for Coastal Carolina..Raffa has played a total of 8 minutes..and is effectively the 4th or 5th guy off the bench..while averaging 2.5ppg. He bailed on playing more of the 2 guard spot..so that he could play 4 minutes per game at the point. That's rough.

I have never said this about a kid...but I wish him everything he gets. Met him after the Bryant game and he was the only kid in my nearly 20 year UA affiliation that I said, "what a #$*K".

Still, he is only a kid and hopefully he learns a life lesson. No scholarship, no minutes. Sad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This was posted on the AE site. Looks like things have taken a turn for the worse at Coastal Carolina - NY Times - Coastal Carolina

Wow, this quote sounds very familiar..... ;)

Ellis, 65, made no apologies for his recruiting and said that giving troubled players another shot was part of his coaching philosophy.

“I believe in second chances,” he said. “That’s important. Sometimes it works out; sometimes it doesn’t. Is there risk? Yeah. In order to succeed, you have to be able to sometimes take that risk.”

Raffa reminds me of mighty mouse, running around like he's on some kind of stimulant.

Anyone see his turning of the ankle? Rolling around like he broke his leg, and 15 seconds later, he's jogging off like a bad ass. The drama hasn't dwindled.

Raffa reminds me of mighty mouse, running around like he's on some kind of stimulant.

Anyone see his turning of the ankle? Rolling around like he broke his leg, and 15 seconds later, he's jogging off like a bad ass. The drama hasn't dwindled.

Right now hes playing like the best player on the floor.

Archived