UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

DP, if possible can we get this thread pinned?

ESPN has us chasing a 2012 kid Jake Kretzer score of 89. LINK

Strengths:

Kretzer is a big time perimeter shooter who can make shots in bunches from behind the three-point line and has deep range. He can make shots spotting up, coming off screens or pulling up off the dribble and has improved his ability to attack close-outs off the dribble. He is a cerebral player with a high basketball I.Q. who moves well without the ball and passes well within the flow of the offense. Kretzer has good size and a sturdy frame for the wing, rebounds his position adequately and is a solid team defender.

Weaknesses:

While Kretzer's niche will always be his ability to shoot the ball, he would do well to continue to diversify his offensive attack. While he will get the occasional back-door lay-up, he needs to find ways to get some easier points so that all of his buckets don't come on contested long range jumpers. He would do well to continue to develop his handle and ability to create his own shot. He is a good, not great, athlete and somewhat limited laterally when matched up with more explosive players.

Bottom Line:

A well built prospect with a high basketball I.Q. and knockdown range on his jumper, Kretzer has the potential to end up in a BCS level conference is his game continues to improve at a steady rate.

Notes

Travel Team: All Ohio Red...Has interest from William & Mary, Stanford, Ball State, Akron, Belmont and Eastern Kentucky...

Edited by Clickclack

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the recruiting message is..because I don't think there are any scholarships to offer for 2012..at least at this point? The team will have no seniors in 2011-12..so no one will be graduating and freeing up a scholarsship..correct? Obviously that doesn't address potential transfers..prep years by potential incoming recruits..etc.

Edited by Phoenix

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am a bit (actually a lot) confused by these recruiting blogs? It seems we have commitments from Lassen and Bruxvoort, yet we graduate no one except Iati (maybe). We made offers to at least one big for next year? Anyone KNOW HOW ALL THIS IS POSSIBLE? I am interested in your thoughts, even if it just speculation, because I feel I must be missing something somewhere? HELP!

Bruxvoort is paying his first year, much like Puk.

You see a pic of that tractor from Coach O'D's recruiting trip; the Bruxvoort family can afford a year of tuition. Then, they either play the kid or red-shirt him...either way, the rest of his years are on scholarship.

That's what I think we were told when the kid committed.