UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

v. BU in the World's Most Famous Arena

Doc

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigg game for Albany in more than one way. Hopefully they put on a show and get invited to play in the Holiday Hoops Festival at the Garden in the years to come. If the the Garden sees that Albany will bring fans I think it will help in getting that invitation to play there again.

I think this is a big game for the program due to the large number of alumni who don't follow the program who will be there. I'm coming with 13 other alumni or which only a few follow the program and that is only because I email them with updates about the teams. I think it would go a long way if the kids can play a great game and get people excited.

I know the team is going to the Knicks game tonight. I think it would be great if MSG went in the crowd and gave Will some air time to promote the game Thursday. Promote the program, it's first visit to the Garden and the event on an NBA broadcast. Wonder if I can email someone at MSG network with this idea.

AEOnline- Episode 11: Big Apple Battle Preview

Cool preview. I really liked what Billy had to say about the alumni who grew up in NY and root for the Knicks. Good to see the team knows what this means to the alumni. To be able to watch our team play on the court that I grew up watching some really great players (Ewing, my favorite of all-time, Jordon, etc...) will be an amazing experience. I've seen everything from sports to concerts in that arena for the past 25-30 years so to see UA run out on the court is going to be great!

Nice video. A little too much Pat Chambers but still a nice video. I'm glad our conference's goofy travel guidelines about day of game travel were apparently lifted for this trip and the team could enjoy a day in NYC.

Saturday's win was against a team just above us in the standings. Hopefully tomorrow we can get another.

Busting out the Purple and Gold tie tomorrow. My students are going to think I am nuts. Luckily tomorrow is crazy day for spirit week at our school. I can get away with it. Taking another alumnus who works with me and his buddy. Should be a ball. Anyone know where in the arena the alumni ticket seats are at? I was told my GDG that he heard it was in the 200's.

Archived