UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

Thanks again Haggy for posting this stuff. Great to look through. This place, although smaller than I would have liked, it going to be top notch.

No problem...it's good to see somebody else obsess over so many specs. I was feeling like John Nash flying through those files last night.

So, how the heck did you find the Great Dane statue that fast?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Haggy for posting this stuff. Great to look through. This place, although smaller than I would have liked, it going to be top notch.

No problem...it's good to see somebody else obsess over so many specs. I was feeling like John Nash flying through those files last night.

So, how the heck did you find the Great Dane statue that fast?

I was really interested to see what the ramp was going to look like. I was afraid it was going to be just a hill with turf and some grass. But its not. Great detail on the retaining walls and railings and everything else. Its going to be great to see the team run out and tap the Great Dane statue on the way onto the field a la Howard's Rock at Clemson.

I was really interested to see what the ramp was going to look like. I was afraid it was going to be just a hill with turf and some grass. But its not. Great detail on the retaining walls and railings and everything else. Its going to be great to see the team run out and tap the Great Dane statue on the way onto the field a la Howard's Rock at Clemson.

I think they come out from the tunnel in the center of the earthberm, though, don't they?

Reference Addendum #2 (Page 5), I believe.

Also, I updated the Google site to include the design contract documents I received.

I have to stop this at some point; Steinbeck is calling.

Edited by haggyland

I think they come out from the tunnel in the center of the earthberm, though, don't they?

Reference Addendum #2 (Page 5), I believe.

Also, I updated the Google site to include the design contract documents I received.

I have to stop this at some point; Steinbeck is calling.

Yeah I think so and the Great Dane statue is at the top of the tunnel ramp. I think. Hard to get any depth perspective in the architectural drawings.

Going to grab a big coffee on the way to work...print the thing...head home...and read that sucker all weekend parsing it for the mumbo jumbo that hopefully is hidden in there to give a hint at the direction of the future.

All I know is...if Danefan is glowing like he is, I am glowing...since I feel for nearly 6 years we have been fed a load of crap, and this seems excellent based on his posts.

Haggy...GREAT JOB...you're the man for snagging this stuff! It will now reside with my other project binders, my so-called wall/shelf of pain/joy.

Some design pics I pulled....quality in the PDF is better but I thought some might want a quick view:

b_065410.jpg

b_065412.jpg

b_065413.jpg

b_065415.jpg

b_065418.jpg

b_065420.jpg

b_065421.jpg

b_065417.jpg

Based on scale - the scoreboard looks to be about 20-25 feet wide. The Audio system is included in this contract. The block boxes in the above are speakers.

Edited by danefan

Thanks again haggy and thanks df.

I'm getting excited!

You are welcome; this is definitely the place for the committed fans.

The one substantial change from the conceptual to the design phase is the elimination of the "Stadium Club" (along with its attached outdoor terrace)in the lower level of the tower.

I can't speculate on the reasons for the omission (on-campus NCAA regulations might have contributed to the demise of the lounge area), but it was one of the glitzier parts of the video, and its complete exclusion is slightly disappointing.

That said, hopefully this very real and imminent next step is the gateway to more scholarships and tougher competition.

Thanks again haggy and thanks df.

I'm getting excited!

You are welcome; this is definitely the place for the committed fans.

The one substantial change from the conceptual to the design phase is the elimination of the "Stadium Club" (along with its attached outdoor terrace)in the lower level of the tower.

I can't speculate on the reasons for the omission (on-campus NCAA regulations might have contributed to the demise of the lounge area), but it was one of the glitzier parts of the video, and its complete exclusion is slightly disappointing.

That said, hopefully this very real and imminent next step is the gateway to more scholarships and tougher competition.

This is the HUGE step we've been waiting for!

Guess where every single visiting potential recruit for every sports program will walk through multiple times while on campus... THE STADIUM!

It will look gorgeous on the ua facilities page!

This is the HUGE step we've been waiting for!

Guess where every single visiting potential recruit for every sports program will walk through multiple times while on campus... THE STADIUM!

It will look gorgeous on the ua facilities page!

Where did you get those nice high resolution images on your still high-quality blog?

I was going to save some copies to the "UAStadium" account we have access to.

Thanks.

I know I am asking for a lot, but now that this looks like a reality, can we work on something that resembles a baseball facility? It's hard enough to be a northeast team but to have baseball facilities that would even disappoint a junior high team is a little bit tough to take for a division 1 program. Like the softball team, this program is on the rise but despite even the greatest efforts of the coaching staff, they have little to show the recruits when they visit the campus. Like the football facility, this is a worthy project that BPF members can get behind. GO DANES!

Some design pics I pulled....quality in the PDF is better but I thought some might want a quick view:

Based on scale - the scoreboard looks to be about 20-25 feet wide. The Audio system is included in this contract. The block boxes in the above are speakers.

Where is the Great Dane statue you referred to earlier?