UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

This sounds pretty encouraging; but what the heck is everyone afraid of in that department? Why can't someone committ to something--Coe only "predicts" an announcement soon??

If I'm reading your post correctly, Coe didn't predict anything, I predicted the last proposition.

I've been wrong plenty of times/been told plenty of times things that didn't happen so yeh, I'll probably be left standing there with egg on my face again but oh well.

Hope dies last!

Clack, My bag, Sorry I read original post incorrect. Thought prediction was from Coe; anyhow trust you more than admin anyway! As you say let's hope.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-I was told by the coach (non-football) that groundbreaking would be done at the end of the football season. That conflicts a little with the "schedule" in this thread, and with construction bidding still due, I can't see it happening, but it was good to hear that the project was being discussed in the athletic department.

"Groundbreaking" might be removal of the bleachers and some of the fencing, and cutting of trees around Varsity Field (soccer), which presumably could be done by University personnel. OFM says work to start 'Fall-11'; last soccer home game scheduled is Oct. 29 unless we host conference tournaments.

Don't remember a turf field for students; Project 2010 had a building for student recreation, possibly with an indoor track.

Yes, I thought the T&F rebuild was only about $4-5 million

I can not tell if all of this is positive or not? Why must they be so secretive and obtuse. Why can't someone say construction will begin "dd/mm/yy, GIVE MONEY NOW." Also 11 mil for track does seem way high; but way low if track&stadium?

-I was told by the coach (non-football) that groundbreaking would be done at the end of the football season. That conflicts a little with the "schedule" in this thread, and with construction bidding still due, I can't see it happening, but it was good to hear that the project was being discussed in the athletic department.

"Groundbreaking" might be removal of the bleachers and some of the fencing, and cutting of trees around Varsity Field (soccer), which presumably could be done by University personnel. OFM says work to start 'Fall-11'; last soccer home game scheduled is Oct. 29 unless we host conference tournaments.

Don't remember a turf field for students; Project 2010 had a building for student recreation, possibly with an indoor track.

Yes, I thought the T&F rebuild was only about $4-5 million

I can not tell if all of this is positive or not? Why must they be so secretive and obtuse. Why can't someone say construction will begin "dd/mm/yy, GIVE MONEY NOW." Also 11 mil for track does seem way high; but way low if track&stadium?

Could be some creative accounting going on to obfuscate what's going on (not in a bad way). The fact that they are secretive is our reality, just have to learn to live with it.

I think pretty much everyone knows something will be built, no idea what or when they will start but there is simply to much smoke here for there to not be any fire. I hate the way they are going about this, zero marketing, no information being released etc. The one glimmer of hope I had, the video was locked. I used to watch it every week....ugh!

What's up gents.

I was down on campus two weeks ago, and nothing was happening...

other than sewage lines being finished near the baseball field area.

What can be done in a years time, as that's what we have until the 2012 season...

the promised opening of the mini facility.

There's probably alot we don't know, and we all know the squawkers that would whine about

a stadium from the university and community. But, I've always prefered the bold, aggressive approach

if you want to get anything accomplished.

I can rip the University for some things...but trust me, they keep electronic copies of docs. Simply put, electronic copies are never, ever, ever, given to FOIA, FOIL, etc. requestors in NY. Not sure why...but they aren't...in most, if not all, States.

Hmmmm...as for the rest: 1) The turf field for students I think was in the old Master Plan. Could be wrong. 2) The 11 million for the track facility, if it is separate from football like we heard has got to be WAY WAY WAY off. I would guess in the neighborhood of a few million to 5 million at the very best.

3) If it is one facility...track and football...I will be HIGHLY disappointed.

As an employee at a New York State agency I can assure you that we make every effort to supply electronic documents when responding to FOIL requests. We are also a bit "nutty" when it comes to energy savings (half lighting, waterless urinals, recycling used paper towels, etc.), but UA definitely did not have the electronic option. I noted to them in every correspondence that it was my preferred method, but had no luck.

I agree that the $11 million track figure seemed high, but without public announcements from the atheltic dpeartment all we are left with is investigative work and piecing things together as a group...for shame.

Definitely separate facilities for track and football...

I can rip the University for some things...but trust me, they keep electronic copies of docs. Simply put, electronic copies are never, ever, ever, given to FOIA, FOIL, etc. requestors in NY. Not sure why...but they aren't...in most, if not all, States.

Hmmmm...as for the rest: 1) The turf field for students I think was in the old Master Plan. Could be wrong. 2) The 11 million for the track facility, if it is separate from football like we heard has got to be WAY WAY WAY off. I would guess in the neighborhood of a few million to 5 million at the very best.

As an employee at a New York State agency I can assure you that we make every effort to supply electronic documents when responding to FOIL requests. We are also a bit "nutty" when it comes to energy savings (half lighting, waterless urinals, recycling used paper towels, etc.), but UA definitely did not have the electronic option. I noted to them in every correspondence that it was my preferred method, but had no luck.

I agree that the $11 million track figure seemed high, but without public announcements from the atheltic dpeartment all we are left with is investigative work and piecing things together as a group...for shame.

But just imagine how much fun you are having playing detective.

The 1996 Electronic Records Act Amendments put an onus on agencies (Federal...but States often fashion their laws on Fed law) to provide a "reading room" for electronic only documents. Basically, it is a portal that you are given access to to look at documents that are in electronic format. Clearly, Albany isnt required to do that if they have the paper copies. They are not, however, required to submit data/documents in electronic format that would be given directly to the public.

I have never, not once, heard of an agency providing them via electronic copy unless under a subponea to do so. There are reasons for this, and they partially involves metadata issues and cost (OCR, protection of data, discoverable documents, etc). If your agency is doing that...shame on its attorney for allowing that to go through; he/she would be whipped on the spot at pretty much every agency i have worked with/for.

That said, forget all the mumbo jumbo and let's concentrate on the stadium. I am really, really fired up if indeed we are not getting two seperate faciliteis for T&F and Football/Lax/Soccer.

That said, forget all the mumbo jumbo and let's concentrate on the stadium. I am really, really fired up if indeed we are not getting two seperate faciliteis for T&F and Football/Lax/Soccer.

It's almost Christmas time.

I recieved this fifteen minutes ago: "I contacted Purchasing to let them know the check arrived. They will provide me with a copy and I will redact as necessary and mail you the documents."

Archived