UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

Switch up the GIFs Clickclack; you already used that one.

It's a great gif...exactly how I feel right now.

Any thoughts on 6K seats being built? Personally I'm OK with it, let's sell this darn thing out every Saturday than talk about going bigger. Create some demand...although hasn't worked so well for LCC.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does that .jpg there of the track have to do with UA?

No clue.

What does a stadium have to do with the World Interir Design Association?

Here is the official Heery Release:

http://www.heery.com...-at-albany.aspx

Curious that the PDF doesn't work. The text is as follows though:

Heery Designs Stadium for University at Albany

| Albany, NY | Heery International has been awarded a contract by the University at Albany for architectural, engineering and construction administration services for a new sports stadium at the State University of New York campus.

Phase One of the project includes the design of a 6,000-seat football stadium that could also be used for other sports. The design will allow for easy future expansion, with the ultimate goal of accommodating 24,000 seats, in addition to suites and club amenities. The new stadium is slated to open in time for the 2012 football season.

The current contract follows a 2009 feasibility study that Heery performed for the university. "We spent a great deal of time at Albany assessing both the campus and the end-users' desires and requirements," says Mike Holleman, Director of Sports Facilities and Vice President with Heery. "The study dictated the decision to move the stadium to a new site, away from the existing track. We will also coordinate the design of a new, expanded track and field facility at the existing location."

Heery International is an 800-person architecture, interior design, engineering, program management and construction management firm with offices nationwide. As an affiliated company of Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading professional services companies, Heery now operates as that firm's U.S. buildings operating company. (www.heery.com)

Can someone tell me why Heery is commenting on this and our AD is silent?

Thank god. Finally!

What do you make of the stadium rendition on the World Interior Design Network site? That doesn't look like what I saw in the videos. That looks like a soccer field surrounded by a track. The video didn't have a track in the stadium.

That's def not the stadium... If they are spending 8-10mm for 6,000 seats...working out to 1300 to 1600 a seat, you aren't going to get that piece of crap in the picture. It sounds like there will be a lot of infrastructure laid in the ground (wiring, conduits, plumbing, foundations, etc) to set up for an easy expansion.

Remember, the most expensive thing in construction is digging into the ground/site prep. Once you have that stuff down, then it comes down to time/materials costs. I would highly suspect that the next phase would be pretty cheap, maybe even half the cost for the same amount of seats. Any stages that come after are all dependent on what they are. The higher you go...the more expensive it becomes.

That said, this all depends on the design by Heery and Ford chose. If they are going to what we saw in that season ticket pic...i really, really like it. Notice that the tower is higher than the top seats/press box. Probably for "height" expansion.

"Starting 2011 on a positive note,

Heery’s sports design group was

selected by the State University of

New York at Albany to design a new

multipurpose stadium at the upstate

campus. The selection comes on

the heels of a feasibility study that

Heery completed in 2009. The initial

phase of the project is to design an

8,000-seat stadium used primarily

for the football program, with the

ability to handle other field sports

during championship competitions.

The design of the project is one that

will allow for future expansion, as the

university has goals for the facility

to eventually seat 24,000, complete

with suites and club amenities

attractive to both fans and donors.

As a result of the football field being

moved to a new site and out of the

center of the existing track, Heery

will coordinate the design of a new,

expanded track at the existing

location."

This is similar to what some of us had heard. I thought the 6,000 number was kind of small...the 8,000 number would fit more to that pic that was taken from the season ticket brouchure. 8,000 would likely give us the tower, a lower bowl, and a deck. Something like that.

And i think this confirms what we also hoped (and thought): the track will be at the existing stadium sight and will be rehabbed.

This is similar to what some of us had heard. I thought the 6,000 number was kind of small...the 8,000 number would fit more to that pic that was taken from the season ticket brouchure. 8,000 would likely give us the tower, a lower bowl, and a deck. Something like that.

And i think this confirms what we also hoped (and thought): the track will be at the existing stadium sight and will be rehabbed.

so when do shovels hit the dirt?

so when do shovels hit the dirt?

The University hasn't even confirmed any of it yet.

Archived