UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singelais was actually the first to ask Karl about the stadium. Just as an FYI.

Haggy was the first to get the contract for the stadium. Just as an FYI...props to him.

Oh I'm not saying anything about this thread at all, I knew about this thread before all of the news stories came up. Just wanted to give Singelais a little credit.

Singleis deserves $iena. An enterprising reporter could have done what most of us did/do. Haggy broke the ice...we all teamed up on the rest. That article is courtesy of this board.

I have no reason, nor the inclination, to give Mark any credit for this.

Singelais was actually the first to ask Karl about the stadium. Just as an FYI.

Haggy was the first to get the contract for the stadium. Just as an FYI...props to him.

Oh I'm not saying anything about this thread at all, I knew about this thread before all of the news stories came up. Just wanted to give Singelais a little credit.

Why? Are your standards for a reporter so low that a reporter just talking to someone and getting no new information is good enough for you? :huh:

As far as Singelais, I'm not sure how much of it is his fault, the TU over the years has destroyed their relationship with the University. Sineglais hasn't always been fair either, I don't know how many people at the school want to talk to him or the TU.

He complained on twitter that UA should have done a press released on this. I told him he needed to learn how to be a journalist and not just post press releases...he didn't like that too much. But hey, it's his JOB to research and post stories. Although UA should be on the ball more, it hasn't stopped the fans from finding info out... so it shouldn't be so difficult for someone whose job it is to report on local sports to dig a bit. That's the part that annoys me.

As far as Singelais, I'm not sure how much of it is his fault, the TU over the years has destroyed their relationship with the University. Sineglais hasn't always been fair either, I don't know how many people at the school want to talk to him or the TU.

Not sure I am following you. Whose fault was it when Singelais wasn't fair?

I still believe the University is being a bit coy. They don't know where, when? RIGHT......sounds to me like they are simply preparing the people that are gonna bitch.

Winner, winner - chicken dinner B)

Just like the new dorms that are going in and the property for sale in Mckownville

We will hear alot more NIMBY on this project

I still believe the University is being a bit coy. They don't know where, when? RIGHT......sounds to me like they are simply preparing the people that are gonna bitch.

Winner, winner - chicken dinner B)

Just like the new dorms that are going in and the property for sale in Mckownville

We will hear alot more NIMBY on this project

Speaking of which, the whining's begun on the T-U blog

McKownville - I'd be nervous

Not sure I am following you. Whose fault was it when Singelais wasn't fair?

Basically some of the stuff in the TU over the years has been pushed by not him, the crime maps and all that other BS, I think that bothered the UA folks more. He certainly had a hand in some of the crap but I place a lot of the blame on the editors selling their souls to market the TUCenter and that 13 win wonder.

Singleis deserves $iena. An enterprising reporter could have done what most of us did/do.

I told him (Singelais) he needed to learn how to be a journalist and not just post press releases...he didn't like that too much. But hey, it's his JOB to research and post stories.

This, times 1,000. If we are going to have an athletic department that keeps their long term plans so closely guarded we need an ally in the media to uncover stories like this...stories that will have MAJOR economic and social effects on the region. Instead, we all group together like the Scooby Doo Gang (apropos I suppose considering our mascot), and try to solve "The Mystery of the Missing Stadium".

Edited by haggyland

Singleis deserves $iena. An enterprising reporter could have done what most of us did/do.

I told him (Singelais) he needed to learn how to be a journalist and not just post press releases...he didn't like that too much. But hey, it's his JOB to research and post stories.

This, times 1,000. If we are going to have an athletic department that keeps their long term plans so closely guarded we need an ally in the media to uncover stories like this...stories that will have MAJOR economic and social effects on the region. Instead, we all group together like the Scooby Doo Gang (apropos I suppose considering our mascot), and try to solve "The Mystery of the Missing Stadium".

+1