UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

so when do shovels hit the dirt?

Facilities Management says "Est. Start Fall-11". Last scheduled soccer home game Oct. 29, maybe three weeks after that in case of America East championships. So a ceremonial 'shovel' might turn the soil by Thanksgiving, but heavy equipment may not be there until St. Patrick's Day. Depends on how soon and for how long the ground is frozen.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so when do shovels hit the dirt?

Facilities Management says "Est. Start Fall-11". Last scheduled soccer home game Oct. 29, maybe three weeks after that in case of America East championships. So a ceremonial 'shovel' might turn the soil by Thanksgiving, but heavy equipment may not be there until St. Patrick's Day. Depends on how soon and for how long the ground is frozen.

alright thanks. I'm just hoping this comes to fruition. Sitting in an actual football stadium for UAlbany, even if it is only 8,000, would mean so much.

Can you tell if the tower is part of phase 1?

2/15/12 - part of my wife's birthday celebration will be a groundbreaking ceremony on the windy, treeless plain off Western Ave. I'll have to talk her into that one.

If someone can get me the doc...I can breakdown that contract ASAP.

It sounds like an ECP contract...which is a good thing (Engineering, Construction and Procurement). Gets the designer and the contractor on the same page pretty quickly.

It sounds like an ECP contract...which is a good thing (Engineering, Construction and Procurement). Gets the designer and the contractor on the same page pretty quickly.

I tried to PM you, but you "cannot receive messages".

I tried to PM you, but you "cannot receive messages".

No idea why. Will PM you my e-mail.

Wow...best thing to happen to me this weekend. Life choices, ya know.

Based on what I have read in the contract, I am pretty excited if this indeed is the design, and by this point...my guess is it is. To me it means they flat out will be adding another side in the near future...and I really like this setup.

From the look of it,if it is indeed 6,000 seats...it looks like a near 50-50 set-up (more rows in the upper level, less length). If that is the case, the next likely will be a 3,000 side expansion...and maybe a fill in of one berm for about 1,500 seats. Gets us up to just over 10,500, a number I am good with. Figure the next deck is 3,000...and you are at 13,000. Fill in the berm at 1,500 = 14,500.

What remains interesting is the design. If you figure you add two upper decks of 3,000 in the endzones you get to 20,500. So...do they just bowl around the tops to complete the other 3,500 seats. Or, based on the height of the tower...do they add two more upper decks (or does the design allow for an expansion for more than 24,000 seats). Additionally, it does not look like suites and meeting places are included...so does that mean they will go on the opposite side once complete (the releases and contract provided for adding these items).

VERY EXCITING TO SAY THE LEAST. Too bad I may decide to move to the Southwest...grrrr.

Nice that somebody's working over the holiday weekend.

IF these drawings are accurate as to the number of rows, I can't see more than 4,600 in this setup (11 rows lower, 17 upper) depending on how many seats are counted on the bench sections. Just over 2K lower, 2,600 upper. A visitors side mirroring the lower level takes it over 6k, but then why isn't it shown here?

The tower looks a little shallow for suites, but that's an awful lot of windows for just a press box. Meeting rooms could be in the side tower, but why wouldn't they have some windows face the field?

Overall looks a lot smaller than last year's video, but I'll take it. We'll see what really gets built.

That tower is 100% an elevator shaft. It must be. They need ADA accessibility and I see no other shaft elsewhere.

UA72...totally with you on the shallow aspect. That's why I am totally confused to where the future suites/conference rooms would go (other side?). That said, those windows are definitely the right amount for radio/tv/scoreboard and coaching booths...and probably the football offices.

Click- in this setup...there should be a bad seat in the house: Looks real close to the field from an elevation angle.

As far as bigger or smaller than the video...it is not that far off at all. The only difference is the tower was on top of that setup..with the suites. That's why part of me is wondering if they plan to go up another level on that side...that tower shaft is set up with a lot of space for another floor connection.

The elevator shaft looks at least 30x30 feet, is two stories higher than the press box, and doesn't connect to the upper level grandstand - a lot of volume for just elevators. Does ADA require access to 'all' areas? There are a few seats shown behind the lower level chairbacks - wheelchair areas?

Click - depends on how high above the field the seats start. I hope season ticket holders will be given a tour before we have to pick our locations - front row chairbacks (closest), top row of chairbacks (for elevation) or front row of the upper level (where nobody can walk in front of you). Also have to track the sun angle for November games. Decisions, decisions - but nice to have the need to decide.

Archived