UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

Singleis deserves $iena. An enterprising reporter could have done what most of us did/do.

I told him (Singelais) he needed to learn how to be a journalist and not just post press releases...he didn't like that too much. But hey, it's his JOB to research and post stories.

This, times 1,000. If we are going to have an athletic department that keeps their long term plans so closely guarded we need an ally in the media to uncover stories like this...stories that will have MAJOR economic and social effects on the region. Instead, we all group together like the Scooby Doo Gang (apropos I suppose considering our mascot), and try to solve "The Mystery of the Missing Stadium".

+1

Haha. Love it.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should also point out that while I appreciate the credit you are sending my way for getting a copy of the stadium contract, that it is the result of me being tipped off about the timing of it by another member here.

You did the legwork, much appreciated.

I should also point out that while I appreciate the credit you are sending my way for getting a copy of the stadium contract, that it is the result of me being tipped off about the timing of it by another member here.

Maybe we should send Singelais a copy.

BTW, thanks for forcing me to change my avatar...Did you really have to take the night scene also?

Maybe we should send Singelais a copy.

BTW, thanks for forcing me to change my avatar...Did you really have to take the night scene also?

I went with an angle showing SEFCU, my true love cbb.

• 4 months later...

I also posted this in the "President" thread, but thought it was interesting enough to post again:

Interesting development with the contract: OSC Open Book Contract Information

I might make some calls to find out what the replacement contract means, or take the route of the FOIL request again...

Any thoughts on what this means? Is this a fresh $1M of spending?

Any thoughts on what this means? Is this a fresh $1M of spending?

The original contract was for $1.47M, so there is only another $500K to account for.

One of the conditions of the original contract was for Heery to provide construction oversight; maybe the scope of the project required more funding.

Feeling motivated tonight, I have already submitted a FOIL request for the new contract.

Take it for what it's worth but I asked Dr McElroy and he said all the approvals are complete. I specifically referenced the governor's approval. He said bids would be going out soon. Like I said, take it for what it's worth but I tend to believe him although he has been overly optimistic in the past. The fact is the contract was just updated with a higher dollar amount. That doesn't sound like an action one would take if the project was at risk. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Take it for what it's worth but I asked Dr McElroy and he said all the approvals are complete. I specifically referenced the governor's approval. He said bids would be going out soon. Like I said, take it for what it's worth but I tend to believe him although he has been overly optimistic in the past. The fact is the contract was just updated with a higher dollar amount. That doesn't sound like an action one would take if the project was at risk. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I don't believe a single word that McElroy says.

I dont believe him either...and I think I am probably a pariah to the ADept at this point.

In any event, you can look at the new contract as half-empty / half-full (we still need you because we plan on doing a stadium, however we dont know when).

What you can 100% look at, and no reason to do a FOIL request...is that this is a simple change order to the contract...and by no means guarantees a stadium.

Archived