UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jiggetts would put us at 14 players now..right? That's not including walk-on Reece Williams. Our six known 2013 recruits all signed LOIs..which I think automatically means they're receiving scholarships? So either Jiggetts will pay his own way his first year or someone else is leaving..in addition to our seniors and Page/Gibson. Any other possibilities?

Edited by Phoenix

Jiggetts would put us at 14 players now..right? That's not including walk-on Reece Williams. Our six known 2013 recruits all signed LOIs..which I think automatically means they're receiving scholarships? So either Jiggetts will pay his own way his first year or someone else is leaving..in addition to our seniors and Page/Gibson. Any other possibilities?

I was wondering the same thing but I have no answers. I will say this will add a little spice to the Albany/Siena game for the next couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty confused about who are definite recruits 2013/2014/2015. Anyone with a little time and knowing, care to summarize. Even if the numbers do not seem to match (and this indeed appears to be the case?); it would be helpful seeing it all in one place. Thanks to anyone willing to take on this project.

Edited by dslyank

I posted this a few days ago in the 'Recruiting - 2014' thread..getting at much of your post.

"Well that's certainly exciting! The fact that Coach Brown mentioned him by name means that he has signed something..right? Can you sign something (LOI) for a future year? This crosses over into the 2013 recruiting thread..but we have 6 scholarships for the 2013-14 season..6 signees have been mentioned in press releases as specifically for 2013-14..2 have been mentioned by the coaching staff on twitter in Jiggetts (we believe for 13-14) and Rowley (click says for 14-15)..and 2 have been reported as verballing (Wells and Guzonjic) without any official mentions meaning we presume they're for 2014-15 even though they're listed on websites as Class of 2013.

If all of my understanding is correct (?)..that means someone/ones who we think will/can be on the team in 2013-14 actually won't be..right?"

The 6 signees from UA press releases are: Ennema, Fulton, Shengalia, Haas, Odunsi and Egharevba.

EDIT: The post was originally in response to news of Mike Rowley committing to UA.

Edited by Phoenix

I got this list from Verbal commits.com. They have 8.

Lamin Fulton

(JUCO) - JR

5-10, 185

Anthony Odunsi

(JUCO) - JR

6-4, 195

Ede Egharevba

- JR

6-6, 180

Levan Shengelia

(JUCO) - JR

6-9, 250

Anders Haas

(JUCO) – SOPH

6-1, 170

Stephan Jiggetts

(VC) – FR

6-1, 180,

Dallas Ennema

(LOI) - FR

6-6, 195,

Kenan 'NoKe' Guzonjic

(VC) - FR

6-8,

Are any of them 3-star recruits ?

I think this will be a strong year for the America East. I think the coaches will put us at 4th preseason behind Vermont, SB, and Hartford. On the other hand, we have a strong top 4 or so, but I'm not sure about the bottom half. Maine lost a lot. I put us at 10-6 this year. Maybe 11-5 if the new guys gel.